Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mines halfling, I couldn't care less about the root necklace it's probably as useful as those snare clickies wich I never use.

The gloves on the other side I regret not having them it's actually the best damage shield you can cast on a sub 40 so it's really good for powerlevels you end up saving a lot of mana.

Sneak on the other end is more useful than most people think, you can almost do any turn in no matter your faction, you screwed up and got kos with a faction needed for your epic? No problem just sneak behind the npc and suddenly you're indifferent the faction is repaired.
It's also nice to be able to use any vendor anywhere, sure you can port somewhere else where you are factioned but then unless you're bind nearby you have to run back. I definitely used the vendors in OT and outside cabilis a few times.

If you have hide you can do the same turn-ins as with sneak. You hit hide while the tradebox is open so it doesn't break.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stourne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I'm Tunare. Either way; I decided I will be sticking with Tunare Human as it's what makes me feel bad ass(I love me some RPg). I've enjoyed this experience/lesson. Every step in EverQuest seems to be a treacherous one! Thanks guys.
Human wins fashionquest for a druid. You can pretend to be a pure caster or a monk. As long as you have anon and some name that isn't treehuggery, you'll never be bothered for a sow or a port.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Orc

Hard to tell from the Wiki and Googling, but it appears the Warden Symbol of Tunare (root neck) wasn't added until Velious? If so, something to consider if making a druid on Green.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

So tunare humans cannot do the gloves quest ?
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to tell from the Wiki and Googling, but it appears the Warden Symbol of Tunare (root neck) wasn't added until Velious? If so, something to consider if making a druid on Green.
Yeah this is a big question
Old 09-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have hide you can do the same turn-ins as with sneak. You hit hide while the tradebox is open so it doesn't break.
That requires the mob to not jump you - so it either has to be green if KOS/threateningly. Otherwise min faction becomes dubiously.

Sneak will get you an indifferent con regardless of starting con.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That requires the mob to not jump you - so it either has to be green if KOS/threateningly. Otherwise min faction becomes dubiously.

While this is true, it's only truly a blocker for see invis mobs. In theory Druids can camo themselves, walk behind a mob, start the trade, hide, and then break camo. This gives the same effect as sneak ... although of course they can't check if Hide succeeded or not while invis, which means a decent percentage of those attempts will result in the Druid having to gate out when invis breaks and they discover they weren't really hidden.

But for stuff like quest turn-ins that's not an insurmountable obstacle: you just try and gate a few times, and eventually hide works and you can pull it off. Sneak is clearly more convenient, but even Sneak isn't 100% either as sometimes mobs are positioned in a way where you can't sneak behind them.

Caveat: That's all theorycraft ... personally I just about never use Sneak/Hide except on my Rogue, even though I have two Halflings and a Ranger. Maybe my Halfling Cleric will when he gets to higher levels? (The other Halfling is a Druid.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-19-2019 at 12:19 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In theory Druids can camo themselves, walk behind a mob, start the trade, hide, and then break camo.
I'm going to stop you here. This doesn't work, verified as a few days ago.

Handing in items to a mob breaks both Gather Shadows and Hide on my IKS SHD.

I'm factioning up by handing in 5gp to Guard Shilster in NK, who is Corrupt Qeynos Guards and I'm currently Threateningly.

I walk up, after casting Gather Shadows, to Shilster. He cons indifferent. I hand him 5gp.

Gather Shadows actually disappears from the buff list and I get the message about it wearing off (Your shadows fade.) Cons threateningly.

Re-casting gather shadows DOES work, however, and I can perform the turn-in and get another bottle of Blackburrow Stout.

So I hand him another 5gp, and Gather Shadows breaks again. This time I hide. Let's say it succeeds (it doesn't always, cap is 75 for SHD) and I con indifferent. I do the turn-in, and I get another bottle of Stout, and those sweet sweet faction hits.

I hand him another 5gp. Hide doesn't give a message that it's no longer working and the button is still depressed in the UI - but I go back from indifferent to threateningly.

You should be able to verify this with any char that has two sources of invis on any mob that takes a turn-in and cons something other than indifferent.

The only thing that might work? I believe a successful hide will break Gather Shadows, but if that's not the case you could invis, then hide, then hand in the items and see what happens.

If you have a method that you think will work, I'm game to hear what it is, and will test it with Trooper Mozo. I'm near Cabilis, and am ally to the troopers so I can replicate the test.
Last edited by Benanov; 09-19-2019 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: order matters - casting breaks hide
Old 09-19-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to stop you here. This doesn't work, verified as a few days ago.

Handing in items to a mob breaks both Gather Shadows and Hide on my IKS SHD.

I'm factioning up by handing in 5gp to Guard Shilster in NK, who is Corrupt Qeynos Guards and I'm currently Threateningly.

I walk up, after casting Gather Shadows, to Shilster. He cons indifferent. I hand him 5gp.

Gather Shadows actually disappears from the buff list and I get the message about it wearing off (Your shadows fade.) Cons threateningly.

Re-casting gather shadows DOES work, however, and I can perform the turn-in and get another bottle of Blackburrow Stout.

So I hand him another 5gp, and Gather Shadows breaks again. This time I hide. Let's say it succeeds (it doesn't always, cap is 75 for SHD) and I con indifferent. I do the turn-in, and I get another bottle of Stout, and those sweet sweet faction hits.

I hand him another 5gp. Hide doesn't give a message that it's no longer working and the button is still depressed in the UI - but I go back from indifferent to threateningly.

You should be able to verify this with any char that has two sources of invis on any mob that takes a turn-in and cons something other than indifferent.

The only thing that might work? I believe a successful hide will break Gather Shadows, but if that's not the case you could invis, then hide, then hand in the items and see what happens.

If you have a method that you think will work, I'm game to hear what it is, and will test it with Trooper Mozo. I'm near Cabilis, and am ally to the troopers so I can replicate the test.
Oh interesting ... maybe that sort of thing used to work, and they fixed it?

Everything I know on the topic is in http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks, but that page is based on forum reports that may well be out of date.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Pull hand in mob to a corner, ensnare lock it, gate out.

Ensnare will stop it pathing back, so at this point you can just go back to the mob, open trade window from around the corner with 3rd person view, then try to activate hide for hand in.
Closed Thread