Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Invis to alligators in CT, charm one, haste it, pull the others with slow, destroy, ding lvl 46.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duo, group, anything. I've been at this level for two months and at I'm getting desperate at this point.

Message my forum account or to my discord Midoo#2125 or tell one of the toons in my signature.
Hey Buddy,

Myself a 35 monk and a 35 shaman friend duo'd in highkeep last night and EXP was real good, PP is not bad either. Only downside is if you dont want to ruin faction. Given we were iksar and trolls, we were too worried about that.

You are welcome to message me in game or on here. I am playing Lazaruz mostly 35 monk but soon to be 36. Id like to try out TOFS or some other dungeons like droga or nurga, cazic thule, sola etc.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

If you can get to Kunark and want to do Dalnir, look up Matruliz or Jakorsis. Tell them Jakorsis sent you.

I probably won't be on tonight much but Mat should be and would love the duo. Dalnir is pretty good XP.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a piece of cake to separate mob packs with Harmony on my druid but that's not doable on a shammy so I had a way harder time soloing hags/solA like I did the first time
This is your problem... You shouldn't be fighting packs of mobs...this is not that kind of game.

If you want to solo (or if you can't find a play group in a session and need to solo), you need to find the right spot where you can get single pulls (or double pulls, and break the camp with root). The wiki has tons of leveling/soloing guides that have popular spots. Or you can just wonder around and find them. Velious (Iceclad, eastern wastes, crystal caverns) have tons of low-mid 30s mobs you can solo or 2 pull. Only issue is kinda far from group activity but maybe you can find someone to duo with in CC.

You have invis and sow - The world is your oyster. Go find something to kill. Keep an eye out for groups while you solo.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is your problem... You shouldn't be fighting packs of mobs...this is not that kind of game.
No, it is ... for Druids (and Rangers) with Harmony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah, Soronil is right: if you try to play a Shaman like a Druid (and do the same hunting spots), it won't work. Try the Evil Shaman guide or the Per-Level guide with the Shaman filter (it's linked in my signature).

There 100% are great arguments for both soloing AND grouping. I don't even want to wade into that fight. But what I will say is that Shaman absolutely should be able to solo (and solo well) if they so desire.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:14 AM
Kobold

Good news

I'm now a 37 barb shammy. Realized my progress was so slow because 35 was a hell level. I'm now doing unrest hags at the same pace I did on my druid

See you when I'm 39

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 09-19-2019, 07:33 AM
Kobold

At 39, head to the overthere and face tank mobs with slow/pet/dot until 44 (40 is another hell level FYI). Then go to LOIO bloodgills to 52.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yeah, Soronil is right: if you try to play a Shaman like a Druid (and do the same hunting spots), it won't work.
Quote:
I'm now doing unrest hags at the same pace I did on my druid
Ok some Druid places will work for Shaman too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's what I get for dealing in absolutes ...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Shaman again.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok some Druid places will work for Shaman too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's what I get for dealing in absolutes ...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Shaman again.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes, Loramin. tsk tsk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Another update

Now 40 solely on Unrest hags. It's crazy.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Closed Thread