Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default blue/green rules

From someone who has never played an everquest blue server, what thing do i need to learn? im speaking about exp camps, items etc. Can i get to solo rathe mts giants eventho im killing slow if i "took" the camp? do u need to share if theres a full grp? how does all those things go now that i wont be able to compete for stuff?

thanks in advance
Old 09-19-2019, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Well, so, in indoor zones, there are "camps" consisting of multiple mobs. However, in outdoor zones, each player is allowed to claim only one spawn point. The remaining mobs are FTE. So, keep a fast-casting spell memmed to aggro a mob first. Also, make sure to be aware of whether someone else has engaged a mob.

For Hill Giants, you pretty much sit at a spawn point and keep it dead, and then try to pull what you can in between.

I believe we are allowed to med up before killing a mob, which someone told me while I was camping the OOT AC.

As for me, I've played to 54 on Blue and I don't think I've had any serious arguments or had anyone explode on me with regard to FTE on a mob. However...I have not yet raided on Blue, and perhaps that is where the emotions hit the fan.

Above all, be diplomatic and 99% of people will respect you. That's been my experience.

Other than that, it's the same Norrath as Red. You probably know all the camps and items you would want. Obviously resists are not AS important, but I still feel uncomfortable without some strong MR and an instant clicky. Mobs do root and dispel you sometimes, after all.

Will I see you on Green?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine playing a MMO with the MM part!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

Dont worry if you do something deemed against any rules people will tell you im sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The SPICE on old EQ servers was rife. Feuds over not donating for a rez, sow etc ran comically deep. Breaches of ettiquette were brutually punished with passive agressive /ooc wars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mostly joking.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

While most people will let you med up, often people will say 30 sec is their 'limit' of waiting on XXX mob or else you're not keeping camp cleared.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

1. Don't be toxic
2. If you're unsure if doing something is a good idea, ask around first
3. ...
4. Profit !@#$
Old 09-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp Rules

As far as we know, they will be the same on Green (modulo /list of course).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

If we can get the population just right.

We can each sit on a spawn point and finally rid norrath of every foul beast once and for all.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we can get the population just right.

We can each sit on a spawn point and finally rid norrath of every foul beast once and for all.
lol
Old 09-19-2019, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will I see you on Green?

Definetly yes, im eager for some classic feel on a fresh world, live tlps just doesnt make it. But im not sure how i will handle the blue experience, being and old time tallon zek player and then coming to red some years ago, never ever experienced the blue thing. Back in the day my neighbour was a monk on a pve server on a top spanish guild called Odisea, i remember watching a shit ton of trains during raids and all kind of shit over camps, always argued with him why he wouldnt just play tallon zek with me
Closed Thread