Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthalas Winterheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like your setup, looks like a nice little space there.

The only thing I'm not liking is that piece of trash with that little Apple Icon towards the left side of the desk there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That little piece of trash is by far the best laptop I've ever owned.

I work pretty heavily in a terminal/unix environment while doing my research and I seriously wouldn't have it any other way. Literally BY FAR the most capable mobile machine I've ever used. Gestures? Holy crap awesome. Full screen a terminal, full screen sublime, write my code, swipe over, compile it/run it, or send it over to the parallel computer to test it. Swipe up, go to main desktop, send an e-mail to my professor that the simulation will be done in a month and to leave me alone until then. Boss.

Never understood the blatant Apple hate. Seems to mostly be the herp derp can't game lol@u crowd.

Couldn't do half the shit I do on a windows machine -- unless I used linux, which I wouldn't mind, but the build and battery life is just baller and having my phone sync everything so wonderfully is just a bliss.

Shrug. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That little piece of trash is by far the best laptop I've ever owned.

I work pretty heavily in a terminal/unix environment while doing my research and I seriously wouldn't have it any other way. Literally BY FAR the most capable mobile machine I've ever used. Gestures? Holy crap awesome. Full screen a terminal, full screen sublime, write my code, swipe over, compile it/run it, or send it over to the parallel computer to test it. Swipe up, go to main desktop, send an e-mail to my professor that the simulation will be done in a month and to leave me alone until then. Boss.

Never understood the blatant Apple hate. Seems to mostly be the herp derp can't game lol@u crowd.

Couldn't do half the shit I do on a windows machine -- unless I used linux, which I wouldn't mind, but the build and battery life is just baller and having my phone sync everything so wonderfully is just a bliss.

Shrug. To each their own, I suppose.
It's definitely gaming related. That being said windows is finally getting on the cool train, there's word of a microsoft open source OS that will be able to parallel windows computers(not linux).
Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Cable management is amazing. - if i remember I'll post mine tonight after I get home from work.

Laughs will be had.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Mines not nearly as clean as yalls and my cable management is horrendous, but in my defense we're moving in a few months and I didn't worry about it as much as I should have.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My fiance went out and got me three new monitors after I'd bragged to her about what my new video card could do, this is the photo I took once I got them all set up.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Kobold

I basically use a Nostrmo N52TE with my hotkeys and a razer naga mouse, just took them off the pedestal arcade for the SS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.1 KB, 955 views)
Last edited by Oogei; 02-07-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Kobold

My other desk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.1 KB, 32 views)
Last edited by Oogei; 02-07-2014 at 05:38 PM..
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Orc

Default I'll play :)

Here is my current setup. I moved into a new house with a small 8x8 foot office inside the garage. I remodeled the office and bought ikea furniture, lighting, built a new gaming rig, wall mounted 32" and built a custom shelf for my consoles. It has Logitech z5500 5.1 surround.

My next update to this is monitor upgrades. I've had these monitors for some years now and going to get some nicer ones for my next upgrade. Perhaps wall mount them as well. I've also thought about de-cluttering the walls a bit.

Full Album Here:
http://imgur.com/a/s4dW6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6f3MBMA.jpg (98.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SM9OyKj.jpg (97.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg A6ZhF.jpg (93.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ph7SuH2.jpg (100.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Trexid; 02-08-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 02-08-2014, 11:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is my current setup. I moved into a new house with a small 8x8 foot office inside the garage. I remodeled the office and bought ikea furniture, lighting, built a new gaming rig, wall mounted 32" and built a custom shelf for my consoles. It has Logitech z5500 5.1 surround.

My next update to this is monitor upgrades. I've had these monitors for some years now and going to get some nicer ones for my next upgrade. Perhaps wall mount them as well. I've also thought about de-cluttering the walls a bit.

Full Album Here:
http://imgur.com/a/s4dW6
Pretty sweet set up. Do the lights just go green/purple or full spectrum?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sweet set up. Do the lights just go green/purple or full spectrum?
Thanks, they go full spectrum.

Here is the set near the ceiling.

Here is the ikea dioder set. I bought mine for half that price on ebay though.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

all of you guys with your clean multi flat screen monitor setups are not commiting to the classic experience. Ill post a pic of my trash heap tomorrow thatll show yah how a true classic everquest player does the deed.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread