Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, scorching heat implies high temperature. You don't get scorched by mid 90s temp and mid 90s humidity. Smothering heat would be a better term for Florida summers.
You don't get scorched from mid 90's temp? Have you ever had to work outside in anything above 80 degrees? You get burnt to a fucking crisp. Add 70%+ humidity and you start to see people dying if they aren't constantly hydrating themselves. It's brutal. It was in the high 80's on Christmas Day. I plan on moving ASAP.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get scorched from mid 90's temp? Have you ever had to work outside in anything above 80 degrees? You get burnt to a fucking crisp. Add 70%+ humidity and you start to see people dying if they aren't constantly hydrating themselves. It's brutal. It was in the high 80's on Christmas Day. I plan on moving ASAP.
Having been in the construction industry from my early youth/teens to mid/late 20's, 90's temps, let alone with humidity, can mean death.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, scorching heat implies high temperature. You don't get scorched by mid 90s temp and mid 90s humidity. Smothering heat would be a better term for Florida summers.
Oh you are one of those guys...Don't do that. No one likes nitpicking adjectives.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Hey I feel for the people up north. I used to live outside of Chicago and I distinctly remember some 100+ temp days absolutely spanking my ass. That being said, our blood adapts to our environment. I think they said it takes 3 to 6 months for your blood to change consistency based on environment. That's why people in Florida bitch when its 60 degrees out. So if people factor in how our blood changes to our environment, we can all agree that fat snowbirds on vacation at disney world suffer the worst.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having been in the construction industry from my early youth/teens to mid/late 20's, 90's temps, let alone with humidity, can mean death.
Especially if you are in an attic (screw residential). Go through a case of water a day and still piss yellow.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOurDieSel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Especially if you are in an attic (screw residential). Go through a case of water a day and still piss yellow.
Like running air ducts? Yup. Anything on or just under the roof is fun fun at 1pm.
I mostly just did residential as a carpenter, new custom and 60+yo restoration. Hot is hot.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you are one of those guys...Don't do that. No one likes nitpicking adjectives.
Ah yes, let's just forget the meaning of words because we're lazy. The battle cry of fat, low IQ Americans.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do a lot of work outdoors and humid 90s (FL) is a different thing from semi-humid 110s (midwest). In one, you just sweat a lot and so need to drink more fluids. In the other, you feel your blood boiling and are forced make special efforts to cool your body temp down. Here's a map of heat deaths. Note that Oklahoma, which has 1/5 the population of Florida (and far fewer older people who are most at risk for heat death), has more deaths than Florida.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Banned

Either scenario is miserable.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do a lot of work outdoors and humid 90s (FL) is a different thing from semi-humid 110s (midwest). In one, you just sweat a lot and so need to drink more fluids. In the other, you feel your blood boiling and are forced make special efforts to cool your body temp down. Here's a map of heat deaths. Note that Oklahoma, which has 1/5 the population of Florida (and far fewer older people who are most at risk for heat death), has more deaths than Florida.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hah, 3/4 of the deaths in Florida look like they died sunbathing on the beach. I'm where that big glob is, near death valley, record hottest place on the earth.

Quote:
Either scenario is miserable.
Jus tryin to warm ya up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]