Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just about every single person with any knowledge about Russian politics and business knows that Trump is beholden to Russia financially and politically.
Fact Check: false

By the way, feniin is Pretzelle. I guess he felt the need to switch back to his main troll account.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact Check: false

By the way, feniin is Pretzelle. I guess he felt the need to switch back to his main troll account.
cleared my browser cache and couldn't remember the password!
Old 10-22-2020, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Expert on Russian politics and business detected. Every attempt by, ya know, US intelligence to investigate this notion hasn't been able to turn up anything more than hot "anonymous source rumor", but nahhhh it's true!! It's true! Rachael told me so!!
It's true! Tom Nichols told me so.

It doesn't match your world view, so I assume you now have a problem with someone who has been paid to teach about Russia, specifically Russian ops, at the naval academy.

The difference between you Qanon/Trumptard types and normal people is that most of us don't live in a perpetually inflating narrative. For most of us, when a nail punctures the tire it starts to leak. For some of you, it both punctures and seals the hole.

Do your own research.
Last edited by hobart; 10-22-2020 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: added the word "been".
Old 10-22-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once met someone at a party, they told me they were a journalist, I was like wow cool, what's that like? And he goes I write Op Ed, and I was like, what's That?
I was at a big fancy party full of journalists and other media types and I recognized this editor and walked over and a woman was telling a story about how she went out on a date with a guy and on the first date he told her it was important that the woman he was with didn't have any vaginal odor. Her boss, who was listening, said well you should have stuck your fingers in your pussy and waved your hand in his face and asked him if that passed the test.

Which I personally found absolutely hilarious but it indirectly led to his firing several years later. I never had a chance to ask anyone why the news media credibility rating has fallen so much.

I had this chart printed out..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...but then I realized facts were useless because well, I was talking to journalists, and by 2012 the definition of journalist was synonymous with activist.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Im pretty sure its been cleared up the invention of basic cable is why. Throw in the erosion of the education system and here we are 40 years later and voila [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Democrats report much higher levels of trust in a number of news sources than Republicans

Both Republicans and Democrats trust their sources more and distrust the others sources. That would be obvious.

1) Republicans have a much broader "trust" distribution. For example a Republican will trust Fox and other right-wing outlets moderately AND they will also lightly trust left-wing outlets. But Democrats will highly trust left-wing outlets and do not trust right-wing outlets at all.

2) Democrats trust 'their' sources very highly. Republicans have light to moderate levels of distrust for 'their' sources.

So according to Pew, Democrats are gullible and only listen to demagogues, while Republicans are skeptical yet broad-minded.

I'm trying to read this some other way. I'm trying to be broad-minded.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im pretty sure its been cleared up the invention of basic cable is why. Throw in the erosion of the education system and here we are 40 years later and voila [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ted Turner conspiring with Marxists to infiltrate our educational system so his budding network could seize the populace right by the amygdala?

Sounds far-fetched, but I am a Republican and therefore open to whatever conspiracy is thrown my way.

He did marry that fucking Commie witch...
Old 10-22-2020, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

media reporting on media research that cites media surveys of media watchers

muh brain
Old 10-22-2020, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats report much higher levels of trust in a number of news sources than Republicans

Both Republicans and Democrats trust their sources more and distrust the others sources. That would be obvious.

1) Republicans have a much broader "trust" distribution. For example a Republican will trust Fox and other right-wing outlets moderately AND they will also lightly trust left-wing outlets. But Democrats will highly trust left-wing outlets and do not trust right-wing outlets at all.

2) Democrats trust 'their' sources very highly. Republicans have light to moderate levels of distrust for 'their' sources.

So according to Pew, Democrats are gullible and only listen to demagogues, while Republicans are skeptical yet broad-minded.

I'm trying to read this some other way. I'm trying to be broad-minded.
BB, have you read The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt? It fleshes out your idea and expands on it in great detail. You're essentially right about Lefties being much more focused on a list of narrow things and righties having a much broader approach to life.

It's a great read for anyone, it's a lib righting about why righties win elections more and more. Righties appeal to more values.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's the natural state of commercial media. Look at media circa 1900, where the U.S. went to war with Spain for no particular reason other than Hearst wanted it and controlled a lot of media. Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it, and humans have short memories, so the regulations which govern the actions of media have gradually been softened or repealed.

Danth
Closed Thread