Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Great thread! Bringing back some memories.

I was in AO on Bristlebane pretty much from inception to PoP when I quit playing. I was a gnome rogue named Stricken.

Some fun tidbits that I'm remembering:

Club Fu formed, or at least got a lot bigger, when a big chunk of AO broke off to join/create it. I remember when Pouty was in AO. There was some animosity but many players in both guilds remained friends. There was a kid down the street from me that was in Club Fu, his brother was the MT for circle of legends, and I was in AO. to my knowledge Meriadoc was the only person with a character in both guilds and actively raided with both (thought not many knew it was him at the time).

Bramel/Troppo was one of the original leaders of AO. he was a wildman who would pull Hate on his enchanter (flawlessly). then realized it would be easier on a monk so he made Vabeker. When Vabaker got banned, he made another monk named Vabtoo and PL'd to 60 in about 4 days. One of the original beards of everquest.

Club Fu was probably the stronger, more organized guild, but AO may have got more dragons due to the fact that they had a lot of euro players and would raid at 4 AM - there was plenty of poopsocking going on, even in kunark and velious, contrary to what people might think. I used to set my alarm and get up and raid super early before school.

Bristlebane was such a fun server. I had good friends in AO, club fu and RoV that I still recall today. Even met a couple irl years later.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prophecy was definitely #1 through Velious and into Luclin. Phantom Raiders was clear #1 by PoP. DC always played second fiddle.
Don't forget Omani, although we were a couple of steps behind getting into Time. What blows my mind is that Omani still exists, as does Fanra's wiki. Logging back in and seeing people you played with 20 years prior is a trip even if the game has taken a right turn or two.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Inner Circle and Jade Dragon for along while on Xegony
Pre-expansion Xegony was mostly the JPN / NA raiding group of Junx and Cognatus that had content on lock-down. Kunark onwards was IC for a long long time.

RIP Ranadin's Vox raids with 100 people before /serverfilter, 7th hammer split was so stupid.

Xegony was a toxic dump that has the distinction of being the only server that had a GM lead removed for abusive conduct. Still, it was home.

Some names I can't remember after all this time, but wish I could.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great thread! Bringing back some memories.

I was in AO on Bristlebane pretty much from inception to PoP when I quit playing. I was a gnome rogue named Stricken.

Some fun tidbits that I'm remembering:

Club Fu formed, or at least got a lot bigger, when a big chunk of AO broke off to join/create it. I remember when Pouty was in AO. There was some animosity but many players in both guilds remained friends. There was a kid down the street from me that was in Club Fu, his brother was the MT for circle of legends, and I was in AO. to my knowledge Meriadoc was the only person with a character in both guilds and actively raided with both (thought not many knew it was him at the time).

Bramel/Troppo was one of the original leaders of AO. he was a wildman who would pull Hate on his enchanter (flawlessly). then realized it would be easier on a monk so he made Vabeker. When Vabaker got banned, he made another monk named Vabtoo and PL'd to 60 in about 4 days. One of the original beards of everquest.

Club Fu was probably the stronger, more organized guild, but AO may have got more dragons due to the fact that they had a lot of euro players and would raid at 4 AM - there was plenty of poopsocking going on, even in kunark and velious, contrary to what people might think. I used to set my alarm and get up and raid super early before school.

Bristlebane was such a fun server. I had good friends in AO, club fu and RoV that I still recall today. Even met a couple irl years later.
I didn't know that Pouty was in AO before forming Club Fu, I just remember Him and Vab didn't get along much. You're right they were probably the most organized. Everyone disliked AO and UK, cause they could snipe targets in the off hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ring of Valor was right up there also. I played a ranger and used to ask Waylander and Arwyen (sp?) for advice a lot coming up. Meriadoc was just an all around good dude, never let pixels go to his head.

Who was the kid down the roads brother that Mt'd in CoL, we had a few? Great thread, bringing back all the memories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

I played on RZ back in 2001/2. Dominant guilds were Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialist Magikus. (These were also the 3 guilds that United to defeat the Sleeper) Before I was on server back in 1999 I was told top guilds were Synergy, Rebirth, and possibly Peacebreakers.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played casually on Cazic Thule server but I remember the top guilds being <Element of Darkness> and <The Relentless> from Kunark to about PoP when I stopped playing.

I could be wrong since it was all word of mouth to me. Anybody from CT able to confirm. I remember other top end guilds were <Shadowed Soul> and <Cohort Chalybeius>?
Hey Legday, we're Cazic Thule bros, were you affiliated with any guild? My brother and I were in Shadowed Soul through Velious and we had an alliance with some guild....I think it was abbreviated DA?

Some history: Shadowed Soul was the top dog in classic and then some members split to make Element of Darkness. Pirotess was the guild leader of SS while I think it was Bgup with EoD. Also, Element of Darkness and The Relentless worked as an alliance during Velious and had a field day in Ntov while we were farming HoT and sniping Zlandi, Klandi, Sont, and Kael when we could.

There was also Coterie Nocturne...

Remember Cazic Thule Corner forums and all drama there? I probably still have Kela's nudes on a floppy disk somewhere.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought fury’s edge was #1. Agree with #2 and 3.
ya you are right furys edge was relentless ascension ,was a merge,but at start was the name relentless ascension
Old 09-09-2018, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Fennin Ro was The Mystical Order and Order of Redemption
Old 09-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Rodcet Nife the two top dogs were AOD (Avatars of Discord) and Ascent. One of my rl friends was in Ascent.

My other friend/roommate was in Harbingers of Storm before moving to Inner Loop where I joined him after being in Brew Masters. Inner Loops was a cool guild, small but efficient. We all got together in Las Vegas once. A number of us are still Facebook friends.

The other guild I remember was a sister guild of Brew Masters, Trebles Band (sp?). When one of them would zone in somewhere, they would shout "Oh hell yeah!".
don't forget Arirang and Dol Amroth. AoD were the OGs and had a fracture in Velious which led to the birth of Ascent, who from SoL onward was the distant top dog. AoD basically dissolved as a raiding entity in SoL. Arirang was a South Korean Asian-time hit squad who got almost any raid mob they wanted except true tier 1a mobs. Dol Amroth was behind them, and were the casual raiders clean up crew.

Remember names like Honch, Eelyen, Barbarina, Matteo, Katia, or Azeth?
Last edited by azeth; 09-09-2018 at 07:32 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who was the kid down the roads brother that Mt'd in CoL, we had a few? Great thread, bringing back all the memories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gaborn. I think he plays p99... but don’t know any of his chars
Closed Thread