Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Here to find a Group and Enjoy

I started playing EQ at game launch in 1999 and played for about 2 years until my kiddo was born. Very happy to have gotten back into EQ.

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being hardcore, 3 being casual).. I'm about a 5-6. I do have time to play during the week and my goal is to "do the grind" and enjoy exploring the world while gaining experience, some quests, learning tradeskills, etc.

Back in the day, I could never keep up with the uber-power-levelers, just wasn't my thing.

My friend "Kabe" and I "Xanferix" are level 6 currently (I'm a Ranger, he's a Cleric) and would love to find some folks to group up with and allow us to progress a little faster than we're able to now.

I own a linux server with Teamspeak, and am @tolwyn#0001 on Discord.

Met Rainsham on the server, and he sent me a Discord, but alas, it is expired (don't know if anyone knows the player).
Old 09-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Aviak

hello and welcome. You found the best mmo online today! congratulations! Yall should join a nice and friendly leveling guild like Dawn Believers. You can find ppl to play and chat with at any lvl or time of day.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you very much for the reply. I have found a couple people to play with regularly and we have had a really good time over the last couple weeks. I've met lots of people and a few gills and they've been very helpful and kind.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome man to a great server! There are über power levelers/campers here as well but not that many - anyway no "time limit" on the server yet so enjoy it at ur own pace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

oh. What would a time limit mean?
I have to admit I did a little tiny bit of camping in the Oasis of mar with some crocodiles just to get a little bit closer to 20. But now it's about getting my faction up in Freeport and trying to figure out where we're going next. Yeah I hope the server stays just like it I am a fairly casual player.

Level 19.5 HEF Ranger! Woot!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Aviak

on nice advantage to this over classic is /who all dial to travel fast.
And i'd just recommend using the / commands a lot. like "/who all unrest", "/who all 20 30", "/who all cleric 50 60" to check for a group spot before you pay for portal, or to find other players, ports, res, and popular zones.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecrew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh. What would a time limit mean?

Level 19.5 HEF Ranger! Woot!
What I mean is theres no Luclin expac or other expac incoming to this server and its most likely not going anywhere soon so no reason to rush to 60, Can really enjoy the game.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Level 10 Cleric here always looking to group. Vercingtorix, look me up!
Closed Thread