Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

No point in more zones, so many dungeons on the untrodden path of P99. Adventurers hardly set foot in Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, Droga, Runnyeye, Hole, Warrens, Permafrost, CazicThule, Paw, Najena, Befallen...toons are hardly even down in LGuk...
Now we have Stonebrunt as well.

Could see one more high level zone being added tho, but we all go to Seb anyway?
Old 01-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No point in more zones, so many dungeons on the untrodden path of P99. Adventurers hardly set foot in Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, Droga, Runnyeye, Hole, Warrens, Permafrost, CazicThule, Paw, Najena, Befallen...toons are hardly even down in LGuk...
Now we have Stonebrunt as well.

Could see one more high level zone being added tho, but we all go to Seb anyway?
Thats true. But there are options here as well. They could do temporary events where some zones opened or had special quests/items that dropped for a limited time. They could add ZEMs (like hotzones) for certain zones. Add some kind of GM event or player competition, etc.

This would drive players to new zones and entice them to get off the "golden path" of typical exp zones.

As ridiculous as this would have sounded to me a few years ago, at this point in the server I think there is a larger benefit than cost to doing stuff like this (even though unclassic). I mean, if we can turn on a 25% exp bonus for the holidays why not turn on a 25% bonus exp for some of the off the path dungeons for a week or two at a time.

As this server has aged I've become more and more convinced that the secret to fun long term (years forward, not months) on a static "classic" server isn't just to fix the end-game for the raiders (that stuff would help), but the big impact would be to develop the existing game to encourage players to play in group and solo content in the existing game for more than just PUG exp groups.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut shrimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great idea

never post again
Do not be scared of the challenge.

If guilds could figure out how to kill stuff that hits for 1150 per hit / 6 hits per round....then they could figure out how to survive a level 39 cap and still take down dragons / get epics / clear planes.

The thing is they would be walking into an entirely different game than they are used to and everything from gearing to getting plat would be much more difficult.

It's the only way to really balance out the huge amount of knowledge we have that trivializes the game currently.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

They Could add Plane Of Underfoot that they added in later expansions inside the hole theres that door that leads no where thats what it leads too. Or They could add Veksars Peek it was under the lake of ill omen. It was added in luclin the night it launched. They had a cool dragon there.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

But adding too much customn content is never a good thing it will go from a good server to completely shit

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem I see with all of this is that as it is now, the top end guilds are still going back and killing crap like Nagafen and Vox. This is insane!
I agree that the lower guilds should have access to this type of content. The problem is, it's not easy to do. There is nothing stopping people from doing this. Even if you said if you're raiding in Kunark and/or Velious you aren't allowed to kill raid mobs in the old world....A/A and other guilds would just have their 52 alt-army in an "unaffiliated" guild to create a loophole. Greedy people will be greedy. Jerks will be jerks. That's just how life is, unfortunately.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Aviak

Why release custom content when there's a decade of expansions left?
Old 01-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is a case study on why raid instancing was created.
Bingo
Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like a set of quests slightly under epic difficulty that allows you to change character's religion.
I was always kind of surprised that the original dev team never put a quest like this into the game.

On live today, you can actually change your religion by buying a potion in the cash store. Costs like $20 iirc.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it seems insane - but the fact is that killing Naggy and Vox is still fun. In fact, it's even more fun when it's just a team of you and your friend's elite 52 dragonslayers who are more decked out than most casual 60s.

It really would be great if we started creating either instanced content of lower end raid mobs so that younger raid guilds could progress and get more recruits without immediately being stomped to shit by the topheavy guilds OR if the top guilds would open up these windows to other raiders and work as a community.

(the latter won't happen)
I'm not saying that it isn't fun for them or others who do these things, just that creating new custom content that is intended for use by the best of the best will have no effect on freeing up existing content. Any server pop/earthquake proves exactly what will happen if more raid targets are added.
Closed Thread