Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a very good post. I'd like to see the 8 fucking backpacks mechanic go away alongside this. How do characters carry 8 backpacks around? Honestly?
cut down bag slots in inventory. Instead make wrist pouches, belt pouches, backpacks, etc equipable to wrist, waist, back, etc slots.

Create a real decision of whether to put armour in a slot or a bag to carry things!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a monk, you get one until much later in game. Untwinked ofc.
I've done this ^^ THRICE! (^∇^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cut down bag slots in inventory. Instead make wrist pouches, belt pouches, backpacks, etc equipable to wrist, waist, back, etc slots.

Create a real decision of whether to put armour in a slot or a bag to carry things!
I LIKE TIHS VERY MACHO! :3 Add penalties to oversized bags too! Makes pants and shirts and cloaks and things all with pockets! Make them magical too, so you can stuff all sorts of oversized things in there. Magic is believable, 8 backpacks is not.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about if they revisit the design on food/water mechanics in this game?

What if having no food on your character didn't just prevent u from jumping - but also lose hp, and eventually character death* OR capped @25%hp /cannot be healed? You could make food so scarce in Raid areas /Dungeons (making mages more useful..indirectly) You eventually HAVE to leave (forfeit camp) to restock.

One of the biggest flaws in game in a classic game like this is groups over taking an area for an extended period of time. Why ? Not because there's no way to stop them it's cause the game Allows it. Instead of coming up wit instances and splitting servers etc. why not implement something that requires strategy and planning aka more variables?

For example:
Conditions :
You aren't allowed to summon food in raid zones *except mages/clerics* *foraging becomes more useful*
No food/drink vendors within atleast 25-30 minutes of Sow speed travel distance around common raid zones/
Every "You are hungry" causes -dmg scaled according to level maybe -350 at lvl 60?
Food and water "Spoil" after dying (Can't corpse food/water)

With those few conditions in place id imagine ALOT would change and effect players from all levels... biggest thing id see is

1. Camps will be forfeited after death
-Cleric summon food/water becomes viable(because after death Food/water is Deleted)

2. Poop socking a spawn/camp
- Players have a limited time because of in-game time constraints
ex: Lv 60 farming Ancient Cyclops(lol) etc. Brings only 2 stacks of food/water. He'll eventually need to go back to town and restock or pay someone to deliver him/her food. Inadvertently opens camp to next person in line- or can be given the farmer his share of food/split loots etc.
-Corpsing excess loot will be tedious

3. Dial-a-food / Stable economy
-A market would open up for players that would require food delivery to higher lvl toons
- Better economic opportunity for low level players
- Plats get deleted from buying food/water

IDK guys there's a ton of things that could be changed but instances/more servers cannot be the solution to every problem when it comes to overpopulation. I came back to play EQ because it was hard unlike other mmos that are out now.. so why not make it.. HARDER? haha
Camps are forfeited after death. If you're waiting for a camp and the person dies you have every right to take it.

Simply enforcing PnP policy would make more sense then food / water limitations. You'd just have a bunch of mages camping everything otherwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If someones at a camp and they get the mob (say AC) the next person on the list is up. Lists are classic afterall.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camps are forfeited after death. If you're waiting for a camp and the person dies you have every right to take it.

Simply enforcing PnP policy would make more sense then food / water limitations. You'd just have a bunch of mages camping everything otherwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If someones at a camp and they get the mob (say AC) the next person on the list is up. Lists are classic afterall.

I wasn't so specific about that... of course if someone dies that implies it is your camp. 100% agree wit you. But for instance lets change the scenario.

Lets visit Sebilis for example. King is always camped. How do we cycle out a group of 6 people that's been there for lets say... 6+hrs during prime-time. No lawyer questing No training etc. just pure player skill vs game. That's where food/mechanics come into play.

-You'll eventually need to surrender the camp due to being out of food/water or have a mage with you(when was the last time u invited one? they needs money for epics too)

-If just one player dies while clearing or fighting you'll have to give him/her extra food/water OR waste valuable time summoning it(higher chance to wipe vs respawn-timer). Lowers the amount of 'total time' your group can sit in that area.

And even if you put a vendor right outside of Seb someone will have to run out and get it. Putting the group at risk of wiping even more. Maybe a 7th out of player (rogue) could deliver food/water to a group at a chance to roll for loots,outside of group get paid in gems. /Shrug...It'd be interesting to see how it would play in PoH or PoF?

lol I dunno.. about the Mages camping everything.. what if you increased MP cost for summon food/water and have a recast timer? It probably isn't suppose to sustain you forever, but as only a last resort... to get you back to town safely and buy real ones
Last edited by zati; 01-04-2017 at 08:11 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't so specific about that... of course if someone dies that implies it is your camp. 100% agree wit you. But for instance lets change the scenario.

Lets visit Sebilis for example. King is always camped. How do we cycle out a group of 6 people that's been there for lets say... 6+hrs during prime-time. No lawyer questing No training etc. just pure player skill vs game. That's where food/mechanics come into play.

-You'll eventually need to surrender the camp due to being out of food/water or have a mage with you(when was the last time u invited one? they needs money for epics too)

-If just one player dies while clearing or fighting you'll have to give him/her extra food/water OR waste valuable time summoning it(higher chance to wipe vs respawn-timer). Lowers the amount of 'total time' your group can sit in that area.

And even if you put a vendor right outside of Seb someone will have to run out and get it. Putting the group at risk of wiping even more. Maybe a 7th out of player (rogue) could deliver food/water to a group at a chance to roll for loots,outside of group get paid in gems. /Shrug...It'd be interesting to see how it would play in PoH or PoF?

lol I dunno.. about the Mages camping everything.. what if you increased MP cost for summon food/water and have a recast timer? It probably isn't suppose to sustain you forever, but as only a last resort... to get you back to town safely and buy real ones
I get what you mean but the camps are so "valuable" they'll always work around it. Rangers / Druids can forage. Mages can summon food, they can also CotH. If you made it so quick that you couldn't stay out more than a few hours it''d inconvenience everyone. After playing EvE for 13 years one thing that's certain is if theres some "valuable" thing players will go to great lengths to overcome a nerf.

In terms of rotations and lists the way they worked on live was you turn up to the camp, you get put on the list, if there are 6 people in front of you you're number 7. For any lore camp the person can't corpse without losing their spot so they either have to leave or they go to the end of the list.

Of course there are some people that might trade to an alt / friend or whatever so that's a way around that but then again a simple solution to that is a /say wide message that says X has looted a [insert item name here].
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get what you mean but the camps are so "valuable" they'll always work around it.
Always. for sure, but has it ever been implemented and tested? Im sure a few weeks you'd find out how to stop loopholes

Quote:
Rangers / Druids can forage. Mages can summon food, they can also CotH.
Makes them more valuable to a group. Right now Enc and shm are the strongest class during velious.. why would you ever invite other classes if they offer little value to the group? *cough* wizards *cough.

Quote:
If you made it so quick that you couldn't stay out more than a few hours it''d inconvenience everyone. After playing EvE for 13 years one thing that's certain is if theres some "valuable" thing players will go to great lengths to overcome a nerf.
It isn't meant to punish players by inconveniencing if they plan accordingly. It's to prevent that "one" guy or "one"group monopolizing camps and punish bad players. Suppose they make a fresh server. We'll use Evil eye camp in Gukbottom for manastones as an example. They aren't lore, it can be solo'd by a necro/enc/sham at low levels. Nothing stops them from staying X amount of hours or even days .Relying on "lists" and "trusting" they'll leave once they get their stone is begging for a 20 page drama-thread.

Quote:
In terms of rotations and lists the way they worked on live was you turn up to the camp, you get put on the list, if there are 6 people in front of you you're number 7. For any lore camp the person can't corpse without losing their spot so they either have to leave or they go to the end of the list.

Of course there are some people that might trade to an alt / friend or whatever so that's a way around that but then again a simple solution to that is a /say wide message that says X has looted a [insert item name here].
Still can have lists and PnP.. it doesn't stop you from doing so.. I was just trying to add in some depth and element into the game than implementing Instancing in an "open world" or creating a fresh new server.
Last edited by zati; 01-04-2017 at 09:48 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

I for one welcome custom content and it sounds like a lot of fun. What I had in mind was adding more substance to already existing content without changing the dynamic and feel of classic too much. Example = more quests. For a game called everquest there is a distinct lack of quests in the old world and I feel like there is a literal fuckton of room for more quests and content and items to be added to existing zones and npcs. One of the many things I liked about vanilla WoW was exactly this; dozens of quests in each zone.
I also love the idea of adding custom zones in like the ones that you see on old world maps that were never implemented into classic.
It would also be cool to see pvp style battlegrounds (much like existed in WoW) later in the timeline. I know at one point years ago the staff was actually working on something like this but it was shelved for lack of time and resources when other more important priorities existed at the time (Velious/Kunark).
It's going to be hard for work to be done on anything though when they are having to constantly babysit the raid scene.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Add random monthly ZEMs to unused zones to diversify leveling.
2. Add raid chat ffs.
3. Add any zone from later expansions that fit into the existing continents (aside from instanced zones)...I'm looking at the fake wall in Oasis, and the zone of Surefall Glades(sp)
4. Shake up the loot in all unused zones making it worthwhile to go there.
5. Active some of the oldschool druid/wizard spires making the spells quest only.
Another vote for blessed/hot zones, that's the only thing about SoD that I miss compared to P99 honestly.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Veksar