Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
VIP / Contributor

Ok guys, there has been some changes to red server as of late. If you have tried it in the past, and didn't like it due to ooc spam, training, and overall player griefing, I suggest you try it again. The staff has really cracked down on red, and it is a better server overall. For those that don't know you can play blue and try red at the same time! For those that want to make comments like "Red is dead" and "Wipe it clean 2017" and things of that nature. I would like to point out that red was hovering around 75 or so people a few months ago, but has recently had a surge of population. We are nearly breaking 200 people during prime time on some nights.

All I ask is before you trash it based on past experience, try red today and see if its still the same.

With that said, I FULLY support this thread title! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Last edited by Cylock; 04-06-2017 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Why is this guy (Swish) allowed to post outside of rants and flames, he's incapable of starting any other kind of thread.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok guys, there has been some changes to red server as of late. If you have tried it in the past, and didn't like it due to ooc spam, training, and overall player griefing, I suggest you try it again. The staff has really cracked down on red, and it is a better server overall. For those that don't know you can play blue and try red at the same time! For those that want to make comments "Red is dead" and things of that nature. I would like to point out that red was hovering around 75 or so people a few months ago, but has recently had a surge of population. We are nearly breaking 200 people during prime time on some nights.

All I ask is before you trash it based on past experience, try it today and see if its still the same.

With that said, I FULLY support this thread title! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global ooc was really bad....However, EXP MOD is what turned me off to red forever. If there is a huge permanent exp bonus it's not a real classic server. EXP Mod ruined that server forever.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global ooc was really bad....However, EXP MOD is what turned me off to red forever. If there is a huge permanent exp bonus it's not a real classic server. EXP Mod ruined that server forever.
How is this a rant and flame topic? I started on Red two weeks ago and have to say I haven't seen as much of the negative that everyone has been claiming... given my little druid is still under lvl 20 but I have been enjoying myself. I have ran across lots of people that don't just start firming on me immediately. They stop and talk to me and have even partnered up with a few
Old 04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Blue = People actively try to help your game experience. When I was a newbie people gave me advice, free items, and help killing things.

Red = People actively try to ruin your game experience. Get grief killed while trying to complete a quest, told to uninstall and kill yourself IRL.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

I also didn't like the xp bonus. I understand it was implemented to help people get into top end pvp easier.

I always enjoyed scrubbing it out in crushbone, etc. Only problem there being fungi/epic twinks. Obviously epics twinks are no longer a problem, but fungi can be. Fortunately many of the fungusmen have stopped playing.

Personally, I think red EQ would be stronger without expansions, just vanilla content, maybe even no planes and no legacy items such as manastone.

@branamil it is not as simple as that. I completely agree that red should be the competitive server and blue should be the collaborative server. However, some people think being an elf stockmarket trader or monopoly megacorp is fun. Perhaps there is actually more 'player blocked' content blue than there is on red?

All said though, I do play blue a heck of a lot more than I do red. Red is a fun place to do RP and themed characters though. I feel more of a survival/horror theme on red, which to me is more classic than the feel of blue.
Last edited by Jimjam; 04-06-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 04-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

no thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

A pvp racial teams server locked in vanilla would be fun.

Humans vs elves vs short dudes vs evils

Human team could field all classes
Evil races would miss out on bard paladins and monks
Shorts would miss out on bard, shaman and monks
Elves would miss out on sk, shaman, monk, and necro

Locked in classic only, no fungi or epic twinks. Would be a bunch of newbs running around in rags having a grand old time. It'd be fun ... really fun. The racial team dynamic made tallon zek very fun.

Red99 even near its peak was bad due to the community. For all it's problems, the community is what makes blue worth playing. Raid scene isn't pretty but the population is healthy even at off hours.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 04-06-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 04-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Banned

Lift the permaban on the duke and sure.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Ill come play red if someone gives me a plat package, accepting fungis.
Closed Thread