Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownagebus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe this can be considered an "Epic Fight":

I've been playing EQ for almost 4 weeks, so I'm rather new to 'Acceptable Behavior Standards'. One situation I learned about within the first week was to '/ooc' when I'm running to the Zone Line with too many mobs by yelling "Train".

About 2-3 days ago I got more practice with warning others of my Trains while soloing within 'Unrest' wherein I /ooc'd that I was Training. I'm not the best at EQ, nor am I fast with my in game movement resulting in the death of a well geared warrior who didn't move away from the front doors.

This warrior immediately threw salt in my private messages. While initially I apologized for my actions, the conversation between us had become toxic. The warrior came back to Unrest and we both went inside the Estate and started attacking targets when suddenly he ran past me with 3 skeletons chasing him. The warrior didn't /ooc that he was training, and so I decided to pull my two targets outside and away from the 'Pathing' of the returning Skeletons; It didn't work as I thought it would and the returning skeletons came running towards me. I knew I couldn't survive so I also ran to the Zone Line.

As I hit the zone line, the Warrior was in the process of Re-Zoning into Unrest and ultimately got insta-killed by 5 skeletons.

Amused, I /ooc'd about what had happened only to be Trained and killed in the process by someone else headed to the Zone Line.

No big deal, Karma is strange at times! I came back to Unrest where a few of the other players and I sparked up a decent conversation. Withing just a few minutes, a high level (naked) Monk had collected all of the mobs in the zone and lead them directly to Me, killing me again and the 3 others sitting around me. This Monk and That Warrior continued Training Unrest for the better part of an Hour, resulting in 6 total Deaths on my end and almost a full level lost.

At the end of that fiasco, I sent the warrior a private message asking him if he and his monk friend were done Training everyone; he replied with "I'm going to petition you if you don't stop harassing me.".

The next day I was approached by someone asking me if I would want to join Raids or Guilds in the future of my experience with EQ. After replying that I was potentially interested, the individual kindly informed me that that Warrior had been telling all of the 'Top' guilds not to invite me to raids or to become a guild member.

"Epic Fights" never really end, Valafeen. ;]
If this is who I think it is, they got what they deserved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Consider the encounters in this thread and add the possibility of pvp. Now that's epic!!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

When I stole ragefire from tmo

(The old alpha guild on p99)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNLDnetOwk

Then the sweet only heart loot after
Old 05-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Last summmer...

PoG clear, very few folks showed up. Kelz pulling with a mid 50's bard, we almost ran out of time. We had one shot pretty much.

This was my most epic fight on p99.
Tunare Epic Kill - 55 man

The only one that beats it was when we killed Emperor Ssraeshza after a patch broke the bane weapons needed to kill him. (we killed him with spell damage, 1 hour, 0 deaths)
Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I missed my most epic fight so far. The Goblin shaman (conned white) blinded me when he was at 60% and I was at about 25%. Thought I was dead for sure but when I got back he was on the ground. Rarr!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Solo'ing Lucan with Azeth was always intense. The trick is basically get lucky and assassinate his cleric buddy to start the pull. Then you zone off the adds, and deal with Lucan. I would do this using wort pots, of course. Also poisons.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

My most epic fight never happened on p99. It happened during classic when I made a human wizard, didn't know how to load spells but went and fought a green snake. I died.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolling the entirety of Rampage :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IZoxzkacI

Winning an important PD with juicy loot pre velious :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95udG_jnpok

Raping some angry BDA in EC :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvNMHyzZwc

When killing VS mattered, insta engages in kunark were rough starring Detoxx single tanking :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twOFsd-5G-U

Me practicing in the alps last season (bonus) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UieNRdnHJg

This is a video game -- no fights matter or are important.
Sory about your mental illness.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played while on shrooms once. Sure was epic to me but I was just running around outdoor zones.
the one time i played this game on shrooms i was camping ragefire and i actually peed into a bottle

GEWD TIMES
Old 05-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Not sure if this is "epic" by other's standards, but it sure was to mine.

This is a story about how I learned I stick to the back of the party in dungeons I don't know, and why shouldn't track and run in dungeons.

Back story:

Around late twenties myself (halfing druid), a drow rogue, a human monk, and a human paladin realized we had similar play times when we grouped in Mistmoore together for 3 consecutive nights. We created an informal static group. We all hit level 40 around the same time, and Mistmoore stopped cutting it. For the most part, we are not twinks, and we are geared appropriately for our level by p99 standards, and these characters are our mains.

So unsure where to go at level 40ish we decide to take our stab at LGuk. I believe this was our 3rd time in the dungeon, and we were starting to feel more confident in the place. To further improve our confidence, we have our enchanter friend with us. That being said, pretty sure we still got lost getting there, but all good.

The night begins:

Tonight's target was Raster of Guk for our monk's robe quest. We zone in to a mostly empty zone and go through all the hooplah at the beginning and get to the main chamber before the assassin and supplier camp. I check track. Raster is up! We go smack him, and our monk is happy.

I check track again. An evil eye is up! We go smack him while we are over there, and we get the bag. I rolled a 98! Praise the muffins!

Zone is still empty after the evil eye kill. I check track again. A ghoul executioner is up! We hadn't killed him before, but we were feeling confident. We make our way over. Our paladin and monk clear the camp no problem with lull and FD. We smack him and our rogue is happy with his new hood.

We end our crawl by claiming the empty Assassin and supplier camp. We've done this camp two times before. It should be smooth sailing. To make matters even better a twinked SK with a fungi joined us. Full party!

I mess up:

We take the camp for about 30 minutes and things are going great. We kill the Ass/Sup placeholders and the pulls are coming in steady. I am about 40m, and the supplier spawns. We begin fighting him with two adds. Supplier gets mezzed first, and the group starts smacking the adds.

I am constantly checking track to see if we can snag another evil eye while the zone is empty. Mid fight, I decide that I am not sure if my track is reaching all the way over to where he is. I decide to run down the cave entrance a little bit to see if it picks him up. I am confident in party's ability to finish off the supplier and friends without me. They were all full health.

I go half way down the hallway and he is showing on track. I decide to return to my party as they are finishing off the adds.

I am staring at track as I run back, and I am not careful with my footing. I fall down the pit. I am immediately get dropped to 20% HP by the three mobs down there. I get a heal off on myself and get up to 70% or something. I am freaking out. I have no idea where I am. I am not that familiar with this zone. I am scared.

First the paladin jumps down, and begins casting and taunting the frogs off me. Followed by him, our rogue, enchanter, and monk. We CC the mobs, and clear the pull. We are all pretty beat up. I have 20m. The SK stays up top to finish off the supplier and keep the camp clear.

I mess up again:

As I said, not super familiar with this zone. The executioner was my first time in the basement area. We are crawling our way back up to the top. Everything is good although we are a bit bruised and shook up from the fall.

We are fighting two mobs at the bottom of the steps to the assassin/supplier camp. I go up the steps to get the SK to have him help us finish off the camp. I was wrong. We were not at the bottom of the steps there is an entire other level between us and the camp. I aggro the three mobs and immediately take a huge beating. I try to heal myself, but I can't get anything off.

Our paladin LoH's me at 10% HP. Our enchanter is oom, but managed to get most of the mobs mezzed. Right when we start to think we have a handle on the situation, three additional mobs show up out of no where. Our paladin has aggro on all of them, and he is dropping quickly. I am sitting at around 20m. I make the decision to evac us. The SK up top loots the bag, and the succor cast goes through bringing our whole party. We arrive in Butcherblock with our paladin at 5% HP, our SK at full, and the rest of us below 30%.

Glad to be alive, we decide to end the night killing kobalds in Sol B. Haven't been back to LGuk since.
Closed Thread