Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-22-2023, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay the fact you aren't doing non-weapon to primary, 2hs to 1hs (bagged), 1hs to secondary, 1hs to 2hs (bagged), 2hs to primary as your cycle kinda proves to me you're trolling and never actually used this.
The answer to whether or not this is worth the potential DPS increase is so obvious that there's no reason to even bother testing.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-22-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, Warriors have better weapons than Meljeldin. Especially if it actually made the difference in this working, Twisted Steel Bastard Sword would suddenly be a lot better than Meljeldin.

I'm still skeptical you can do this even with Twisted Steel though. This is a neat theorycraft, but feels like it might be more applicable to leveling in classic environments where you might actually be swinging around a weapon that really has a 5+ second delay. Like, Gatorsmash Maul + Runed Falchion or something.
Wars do, rangers don’t
Old 11-22-2023, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You done sk epic? Literally the coolest looking weapon with the best proc. Most game changing weapon imo.
Doesn't change much, your still logging in a cleric bot
Old 11-23-2023, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior should be trying to stay berserk in most situations where they aren't depending on Complete Heal; it's viable while tanking for plenty of group content. Warrior can dual wield, knights can not (you were playing Warrior sub-optimally). Warrior has higher offensive skillcaps and also triple attack at 60. Warrior gets precision/aggressive discipline (and precision disc on p99 is bugged to give 100% hit rate). Add up all those things and it's a big difference, a huge one when considering a Warrior using disc.

I'm taking the Warrior pre-Velious for a Sebilis exp group. Paladin stats are poopy at that point and they cause the group an exp penalty on top of it (technically in Velious era a Warrior still provides the group a better exp modifier, but it's very minor at that point).

Velious era, for a group like that, it generally won't matter between the Warrior or Paladin. Having the Paladin will allow the Cleric to be lazier but that's not a strictly better thing. If planning to break a hard area of the zone, Warrior popping defensive disc can be nice.

Warriors don't have an "aggro problem" unless you're with a group of bad players, or trying to fight content where your casters are too low level for root to land consistently.
As long as someone is keeping targets rooted, the warrior can stay in zerk pretty easy and just back up for patch heals when needed.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mfw soulfire is more useful than paladin epic
Soulfire palis are awesome,just such a time investment everytime you burn it.
If your going to play a knight at least play a pali,100% less chance of being shelved once you hit 60
Old 11-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wars do, rangers don’t
Using Lucy's damage bonus table and the napkin-math calculation, ratio wise the Mel and the Twisted are very close.

Twisted Steel Bastard Sword 3.20
Melijeldin Bane of the Giants 3.210
Vulaxe 3.238

The whole premise is very stupid though. The only time I could see even putting forth the tryhard effort (ie it actually working but being a PITA) is if the Tantor's Tusk had a better ratio. Say like 65/60 or something. Swapping weapon sets every 3 seconds haste capped would still be a chore without programmable hardware which is not allowed by my understanding of the P99 rule set.

In general, all melees should...
Use the best weapons possible
Get the best buffs possible
Melee as much as you can without dying
Use some dirty tricks if you got them, swap outs like primals, cast nukes, BFG etc.

Don't spend time tinfoil hat thinking outside the box. You can only do what you can do. Any time a warrior or ranger beats a rogue should be a celebration because in general if its apples vs apples that won't happen often.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-23-2023 at 03:52 PM..
Old 11-25-2023, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

The real question for rangers is shovel vs cek.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real question for rangers is shovel vs cek.
Cek
Old 11-25-2023, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

For warriors a faster 2h means more crippling blows which translates to more dps than a slower weapon has a better ratio. For rangers I don't see any benefits to a faster weapon when calculating dps and shovel has a better ratio. That said I've been #ceklyfe this whole time, but if an opportunity arises I'll get a shovel and try it.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For warriors a faster 2h means more crippling blows which translates to more dps than a slower weapon has a better ratio. For rangers I don't see any benefits to a faster weapon when calculating dps and shovel has a better ratio. That said I've been #ceklyfe this whole time, but if an opportunity arises I'll get a shovel and try it.
i have shovel on my pally i like it in general