Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-28-2023, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have shovel on my pally i like it in general
Deffo BIS for Brell Pallies. Dirt for the Dirt god!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-28-2023, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

so i expected it to be low but expected it to be easier.

on the most recent vindi i attempted this with a 38 delay vyemm 2h on my warrior (41 haste plus 58 from vog). even without turning off attack and doing the offhand swap (ie i was just unequip 2h after primary 2h then reequipping after offhand attack).... it was too fast to do reliably without making a mistake and firing a h2h primary attack instead of the 2h. i think the punch dps from gamparse was like 1.5 (~200 total damage); to be fair i dont have my h2h skill up much so while it could have been higher i missed multiple 2h hits, which reduce my 2h dps by 10+ compared to the previous vindi.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if it were doable, it would be insanity inducing for really marginal gain. I get annoyed pulling this trick on my monk where you do it all in 2 clicks … taking almost no time.
20+% DPS increase is not "marginal" gain. If you think doing it with just fist offhand is difficult, that is your own issue. It's fair to say people aren't going to want to try and weapon swap with max haste all the time. Yes it is annoying to do. But playing melee in this game is boring and weapon swapping factually creates the best DPS. People should be aware, try to get better at it, and use it when they feel like putting the effort in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my favorite part is how it's a technique used only by "elite warriors who know how to play their class" except it "doesn't work" with ntov wep w/ capped haste
It does work with top tier weapons and haste, but regardless the haste cap is 74% in actual classic Everquest (and for any character Level 50 or lower), where the technique originated and was being used by the best Warriors. The game is not just Level 60 with max haste. Even at 60 with good gear there will be times a Warrior doesn't have max haste, particularly for a solo challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I revisited this in KC, and as anticipated the attention put on spamming clicking just is too expensive, ruining situational awareness. Fighting a curate, swapping in and out a secondary, but took a while to realise some skeletal guardians were passing and ended up having to train out.
Weird fallacy. Why were you pulling a curate somewhere there would be pathers (soloing I assume)? If you pull properly, then you're just going to be standing there auto attacking until the target dies. If you're just standing around auto attacking, then there is opportunity to weapon swap instead and kill faster. And don't say you're too busy doing other things in groups all the time. In most groups the Warrior is still just standing there doing nothing else while fighting. Some of the most boring gameplay sessions I've had are logging onto a friend's Warrior to help them grind. Weapon swapping was the only thing to do that added dimension. Maybe it's still not fun, but at least I knew I was contributing more.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

strange hill to die on
Old 11-29-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

some people are just bad

missing a main hand swing for a 5 damage offhand punch is bad

missing several main hand swings for a 20 damage offhand slash is worse

i haven't seen any evidence that anybody has ever used this to any degree of success before except for on a monk.

warrior secondary damage is negligible at best.

this is just nonsense.

don't do it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 11-29-2023 at 10:22 AM..
Old 11-30-2023, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
strange hill to die on
Yes it's definitely strange to keep insisting that extra DPS (and possibly procs) doesn't matter, simply because you're too lazy to do something. Reminds me of people who don't cast between meditate ticks properly and lose a lot of mana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people are just bad

missing a main hand swing for a 5 damage offhand punch is bad

missing several main hand swings for a 20 damage offhand slash is worse
You don't miss any mainhand swings. Unless you're bad. So don't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warrior secondary damage is negligible at best.
No it isn't. Otherwise we wouldn't have bothered to dual wield so much in this game. People would have just used a one-hand weapon + shield most of the time (in the cases where they had a better one-hander available than a two-hander, like the mosscovered twig era).
Old 11-30-2023, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

This is a great argument,please continue.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

this guy is the ultimate turbonerd
Old 11-30-2023, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Zuranthium, you realise nobody is saying that "extra DPS doesn't matter", but rather that "miniscule increases in damage requiring rapid weapon swaps, good ping and fast mouse clicking permitting, isn't worth the effort"?

You chose the worst game possible to try and reach the skill cap.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zuranthium, you realise nobody is saying that "extra DPS doesn't matter", but rather that "miniscule increases in damage requiring rapid weapon swaps, good ping and fast mouse clicking permitting, isn't worth the effort"?
it's worse than that. if you miss your main hand swings once because they're replaced by a punch this will LOWER your DPS.

this is just a terrible idea all around.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.