Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-01-2023, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like macroing abilities together because the macro button doesn't stay "greyed out" when on cooldown the same way, say, Bash does just by itself. I do use bash "strategically" when battling spellcasters, as any knight should, so I like having the visual reference. That's just personal preference, of course, and other folks can and do use other setups and do fine.
You can look at the abilities window or another hotkey for reference if the button is greyed out, but yeah I get that.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-02-2023, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Who was it that said on page < 15 "See ya on page 30"? Tox or crede?
Good call nobody!

Tbh. It could be ANY thread DSM waffles on in.
DSM: Doubts Systematic Methodologies.
Last edited by Duik; 12-02-2023 at 02:32 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

So besides spamming the taunt button, was there any consensus on what spells the SK should use to keep aggro? Seems like they all suck now.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So besides spamming the taunt button, was there any consensus on what spells the SK should use to keep aggro? Seems like they all suck now.
shadow vortex, shroud of hate, clinging. if you spam those spells any really you wont lose aggro.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

So, are they going to fix disease cloud?

Who am I kidding? They're not even making a new server. Of course it won't be fixed...
Old 12-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, are they going to fix disease cloud?

Who am I kidding? They're not even making a new server. Of course it won't be fixed...
Doesn’t matter if they do or not, tbh it hurt warriors more as it limited their proc weapon choices.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shadow vortex, shroud of hate, clinging. if you spam those spells any really you wont lose aggro.
Do you see a difference in aggro between clinging and SV and spells of that nature? Per a poster there should be no difference. It would be nice for mana savings and since sticking snare on stuff at a point is almost impossible.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn’t matter if they do or not, tbh it hurt warriors more as it limited their proc weapon choices.
Agreed. I haven't missed DC too much. I have flowing thought items, clickies, and a big enough mana pool. The 20 mana cost of Clinging isn't the end of the world in the endgame, especially if you have C2.

It hurts lower level SK's more, since saving mana is harder without good gear and clickies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you see a difference in aggro between clinging and SV and spells of that nature? Per a poster there should be no difference. It would be nice for mana savings and since sticking snare on stuff at a point is almost impossible.
I haven't tested it enough to give a definitive answer. Clinging does flip mobs back to me, so it's working for sure. I don't remember needing to switch to Shadow Vortex or Shroud of Pain consistently to get agro back. I'll cast those spells if I want to get agro back faster and not have to wait for clinging to pop back up. Or if I want to gain agro on something without applying a DoT, like on mezed mobs.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-02-2023 at 11:40 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk since I cast only 2 clinging in most teams less someone is super anxious to rip aggro. I don’t have issues and if it’s a longer harder mob I usually have mana for the other stuff cause buffs.

Edit I also have tuna sword tho so I get root proc and good white dmg.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

I spam taunt tanking all the time, also spam clinging darkness / shadow vortex. With Narandi / Potg / C2 I never run outta mana and the only time i lose aggro is to someone's low health. Spamming taunt, while unnecessary maybe, gives me something to push. Who cares dudes, Just spam or don't spam away