Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-04-2023, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool. Nobody is making a counter argument to that point. I cannot concede an argument I never made. Please stop lying about my arguments. Repeating strawmen over and over is not a valid way to win an argument.

If you want to claim you won a debate nobody was having, that doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

My argument has been to rebut this statement made by Troxx and others:

Saying spamming taunt does nothing is factually incorrect, and I have disproven it utterly:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=140

I have been consistent since page 2:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=14

I also admitted a few of my later posts were worded poorly.

I am not sure why people want to deny that spamming taunt has it's uses. Knowing your options for using taunt is a good thing.
Dsm thinking he “won” because troxx said “nothing” even though even troxx knows It does “Something”. Its simply not enough to use it over strategic taunting, which is the entire point of this thread.

The desperation here to win is quite sad.
Old 12-04-2023, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've really made this many posts
My posts wouldn't have been necessary if trolls weren't spamming the thread. Don't blame me for your bad behavior and the behavior of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the entirety of your argument is the fact that hitting taunt when you're already at the top of the aggro list adds one hate? Plus some miniscule chance you happen to hit it right when aggro flips?

That's your entire argument? No one disputes hitting aggro adds one hate. No one. No one ever has.
Yes. When you say "spamming taunt does nothing", you omit relevant information. You cannot assume everybody knows the information.

Spamming taunt gives you +1 agro every 6 seconds and an 8.33% chance to taunt automatically.

Putting taunt on a macro you are already spamming will factually generate more agro than a player who never presses taunt. Two posters in this thread have admitted to not using taunt at all.

You benefit from spamming taunt if you are leveling up the skill.

The opportunity cost for missing a single taunt is low, due to the skills unreliable nature and 6 second cooldown.

These are all basic facts about taunt, and there is no reason why people should be trying to spend 30 pages denying them.

Quote:
No one cares about +1 hate, and you have given no reason why anyone should.
Your opinion about what people care about is irrelevant. Give people the correct information and let them decide what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dsm thinking he “won” because troxx said “nothing” even though even troxx knows It does “Something”. Its simply not enough to use it over strategic taunting, which is the entire point of this thread.

That doesn't make any sense. If Troxx knows the basic facts about taunt, he wouldn't be disagreeing with me. He wouldn't say "it does nothing". That isn't helpful to people who don't know everything about taunt.

I am not sure why you keep claiming "the entire point of the thread is X". OP is asking about agro generation. I am giving them information on agro generation. You are not OP, so I am not sure why you keep trying to force the thread in whatever you direction you think it is supposed to be in. That is the only desperation I see. You are just moving the goalposts to seem correct.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-04-2023 at 09:35 PM..
Old 12-04-2023, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-04-2023, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your opinion about what people care about is irrelevant. Give people the correct information and let them decide what to do with it.
We are giving people the correct information. +1 aggro every 6 seconds literally will not make a difference in your ability to hold aggro. It’s you who keeps spreading false data in order to try to “win” pretending like +1 aggro every 6 seconds is somehow significant.

Honestly this feels like borderline bannable information being spread.
Old 12-04-2023, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are giving people the correct information. +1 aggro every 6 seconds literally will not make a difference in your ability to hold aggro. It’s you who keeps spreading false data in order to try to “win” pretending like +1 aggro every 6 seconds is somehow significant.

Honestly this feels like borderline bannable information being spread.
+1 agro generation and an 8.33% chance to automatically taunt is better than never pressing taunt at all.

I am not sure why you cannot agree to this basic logic.

It is amazing that you think saying a fact is a bannable offense. You are blatantly ignoring all the trolling that has been going on in this thread, which is actually against the rules (and could get you banned).

Quote:
Trolling
If you must troll another user, keep it contained to Rants and Flames. Don’t over do it.

Forum accounts created for the sole purpose of trolling are not allowed.

We encourage you to list your in-game characters in your signature so other forum users may know who your characters are in game. Its no fun reading posts from AnonymousForumTroll01 without knowing who they are in game, and this does not foster community growth.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-04-2023 at 09:58 PM..
Old 12-04-2023, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

DSM wins every time you hit the reply button. Learn some self control.

I didn’t see anybody answer my question on what spells an SK should be using. Did it get spammed out?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM wins every time you hit the reply button. Learn some self control.

I didn’t see anybody answer my question on what spells an SK should be using. Did it get spammed out?
Unfortunately the trolls did spam it out. I agree they are a problem. People should be calling them out to stop this nonsense, but it isn't happening. They seem to be fine with ignoring it and letting it continue.

To answer your question, Clinging Darkness, Shroud of Hate, and Shadow Vortex are generally the three best options. You can use Shroud of Pain as well if you can fit 4 agro spells on to your bar, but I find Shroud of Pain usually isn't necessary, and it is the most expensive of the aforementioned spells.

Shadow Vortex and Shroud of Hate do not break Mez, so they are great at building up an agro buffer before you break Mez. Clinging Darkness is the cheapest mana-wise, so you should default to that if you aren't worried about dotting the mob. You can always Cast Shroud of Hate or Shadow Vortex right after Clinging Darkness if you can't wait for the recast timer to finish.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
+1 agro generation and an 8.33% chance to automatically taunt is better than never pressing taunt at all.

I am not sure why you cannot agree to this basic logic.

It is amazing that you think saying a fact is a bannable offense. You are blatantly ignoring all the trolling that has been going on in this thread, which is actually against the rules (and could get you banned).

Why would somebody "never press taunt at all"?
Old 12-05-2023, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would somebody "never press taunt at all"?
Ask Snaggles and Toxigen, two people who say they don't use taunt at all.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:02 AM
Kobold

You were replying to Crede