Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 12-06-2023, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: Also it looks like Magelo's HP calculations are off, for cloth casters at least. If I add +14 STA by swapping my boots to Netted Kelp Lined Shoes for example, I only get +23 HP. This is clearly wrong, so my Magelo is showing lower HP than it should, with +29 STA over yours. My example would probably have a bit more HP than yours if the calculations were correct.
Not sure if this exists somewhere players can edit but the wiki magelo seems to errantly give only half returns for sta over ~127.5 https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...lo#post3484218
Old 12-06-2023, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can tell you've never played a necro, congrats on breaking 200 int with absolutely shit hp.

Here's a relevant quote from an actual necro, not DSM:
Exactly

So many slots wasted going for INT and not hp/mana
Old 12-06-2023, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly

So many slots wasted going for INT and not hp/mana
You have yet to produce a Magelo yourself. Please enlighten us. I am simply providing examples, I am not claiming they are the best setup. Please stop asauming things, it doesn't help you or your argument.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

I think at the high end the debate is completely academic. When you've got several +100 mana/HP items loaded with INT, the added +25 INT or STA is pretty meaningless for a Necro. Even the extra 60 HP from STA will be functionally unnoticeable for both solo and group/raid play at that point. However, I think that pumping INT gives more flexibility for gearing during the leveling process, and allows you the breathing room to heavily gear in favor of raw +HP while still maintaining a decent mana pool.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think at the high end the debate is completely academic. When you've got several +100 mana/HP items loaded with INT, the added +25 INT or STA is pretty meaningless for a Necro. Even the extra 60 HP from STA will be functionally unnoticeable for both solo and group/raid play at that point. However, I think that pumping INT gives more flexibility for gearing during the leveling process, and allows you the breathing room to heavily gear in favor of raw +HP while still maintaining a decent mana pool.
Yeah none of it matters much in the long run. There are enough good + cheap caster items that will make up for whatever deficiency you have. Luckily Necros are good at farming.

The way I see it, if you care about starting stats, you are probably looking at the endgame. That is when they matter the most due to scaling. Since INT is much easier to cap, you are going to eventually get zero mana from your +25 INT, where your +25 STA will last much longer. If you end up doing BiS in every slot, you'll cap both. At that point if you are aiming for full BiS, you would plan all of your gear ahead of time so you get the exact stats you want. You probably aren't asking this question on the forums, however, if you are already going that hard.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have yet to produce a Magelo yourself. Please enlighten us. I am simply providing examples, I am not claiming they are the best setup. Please stop asauming things, it doesn't help you or your argument.
I'm not trying to argue with you

I simply do not care about your opinion on this subject
Old 12-07-2023, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to argue with you

I simply do not care about your opinion on this subject
I find it interesting that you think people care that you do not care. If you think I am wrong, provide something other than trolling. That way everybody can perhaps learn something. Otherwise your post is meaningless.

You are operating on the false assumption that I was creating the best possible setup, and drawing conclusions from that. I never did that, and you can feel free to create a better Magelo if you think you know better.

You can take a look at this one I made later in the thread and give us your advice on what you would switch out, instead of simply acting silly: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...StatsNonRaid01
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-07-2023 at 12:31 AM..
Old 12-07-2023, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

STR is the answer. Running around with encumbrance constantly at 74/75 sucks when looting simple PP will always push you over.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR is the answer. Running around with encumbrance constantly at 74/75 sucks when looting simple PP will always push you over.
Basically any class/race combo can boost their STR by 50 if you have Thick Banded Belt, Gauntlets of Potence, and Mask of War bagged for when you need to go back to a merchant. That plus the standard cheap WR bags should be able to get you through any farming session just fine. You also have Bind/Gate for teleporting back to merchants.

STR can be a good starting stat on low STR races when you are making a character without any twink items/money. Like an SSF character or your first character on a server. Anyone who is twinking can get around low STR with money.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-07-2023 at 01:29 PM..
Old 12-07-2023, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Really surprised to learn iksar can wear thick banded belt / gauntlets of potence. Thanks for that tip, DSM!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung