Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Which is a bard.

You get AC boost with songs.

Actual aggro building and quick cast aggro is better than taunt as you won't lose aggro to, say, a rogue (taunt only puts you at top of aggro list +1, selo's consonant chain even single cast locks aggro even on raid targets). Bard is already the only class that can AE tank with AE slow song, or AE stun DoT if you dont care about mezzing for some reason.

Unless you're getting stunned for like 10 seconds straight, any fight needing elemental resist wont fall off since it lasts 18 seconds.

Quick cast rune is there on bards, but really a quick cast rune with any substantial HP shield is just stupid OP on melee. Look at bladestoppers for example. Making that a baseline spell on a melee is just terrible balance unless the melee has literally no hp.

I'm not sure you understand how huge these similarities are.

Bards can do everything you're describing, plus more.

Specifically to what you posted, I can say "So ,a bard" because its relevant to every single tick point you made

I'm talking a jack of all trades, but when played right is fine as a hybrid tank like pally and sk.