Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold up Patriam, you talkin about my hood now.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU

e: tell me you dont live at point ruston?
Last edited by Wonkie; 10-29-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU

e: tell me you dont live at point ruston?
Hahaha, i've lived in both Tacoma and Federal way... And yeah, that whole area sucks. Tacoma stinks, literally it stinks all the time.. We call it the aroma of tacoma. Federal way is just next door and it's just as shitty. When you hear about a crime in Washington, 9/10 it happened in either of those 2 cities.

TLDR- Tacoma stinks and is dangerous.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, i've lived in both Tacoma and Federal way... And yeah, that whole area sucks. Tacoma stinks, literally it stinks all the time.. We call it the aroma of tacoma. Federal way is just next door and it's just as shitty. When you hear about a crime in Washington, 9/10 it happened in either of those 2 cities.

TLDR- Tacoma stinks and is dangerous.
And the whole North End which is where all the "good" neighborhoods are is dusted in arsenic from the ASARCO smelter. Watch that shit get boomed at Vassault field in the 90s was tight. That's why they dug up, knocked down, and rebuilt all the schools, liability is a bitch. 'Course, good luck to all the residential yards that's on the owners in this country.

I moved to Olympia, we're building a (sea) wall.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nearly all the "old" people I've talked to have interested if i've found a girl to love.

As per off topic.. Why are old people interested if young people find love?
I think that means they settled lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the whole North End which is where all the "good" neighborhoods are is dusted in arsenic from the ASARCO smelter. Watch that shit get boomed at Vassault field in the 90s was tight. That's why they dug up, knocked down, and rebuilt all the schools, liability is a bitch. 'Course, good luck to all the residential yards that's on the owners in this country.

I moved to Olympia, we're building a (sea) wall.
Tacoma is fucked for life.

Wooo I don't know a single person in Olympia haha! Never ever spent much time there except passing through on my way to Westport.. How you like it dude? What if i lump Olympia and Aberdeen together as 1 city.. Does that offend an Olympian? Olympialite? The hell ya'll call yourselves anyways?

Redmond is forever my hood though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I had it good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
The hell ya'll call yourselves anyways?
Most prefer they/them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Most prefer they/them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Steve: "Woah Linda, you see them"?
Linda: "Who"?
Steve: "Them, those guys over there"
Linda: "They are from Olympia Steve, just keep walking, don't make eye contact"
Old 10-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Why is this thread so popular [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: I've never lived with a grand parent.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

I can only give you my perspective according to my own religious/cultural/socioeconomic background:

Because living life without leaving spawn on the earth is akin to becoming a "Shadow".

All you accrued during your life, your efforts and experiences, beliefs and tribal taboos and religion will fade away into nothingness, to be replaced by the inexorable drive of life that is sexless, cultureless, religionless and just thrives until it can thrive no more.

In this accursed yet exquisite wheel of sheer existence, all the efforts generations past have toiled for need to be acknowledged and respected by continuing to exist into the future until the future can no longer hold it.

Where I am from old people without kids are politely coerced to donate to charity and make life better for others of your tribe to keep breeding and passing along your beliefs and the seed of a better future that none of us, nor your children nor your childrens children will be able to enjoy.

It will be enjoyed into the far future where a literal spiritual revolution will create a new world to live in.

So from the point of view of many elderly, you are just that ... a Shadow.

They see this as something not good, not correct.

This is what I have seen and deduced. This can apply to many many cultures, some of which enforce it more heavily than others, but that is the way it is.

The tribe, the village, the clan, the group, the club, the family.

Societies based on these moral underpinnings want to not fade out into a shadowy state.

Imagine a world where only one EQ server existed and no chance for it to renew ever.

Imagine a world where people kept dedicating hours of their life to EQ and even making new servers, improving them, changing them, some more successful than others but keeping EQ alive.

Is the same analogy more or less. We do not enjoy seeing things end, it reminds us of our own mortality.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Banned

sorry you didn't get laid
Closed Thread