Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see. I think you took/understand my post way different, that was my intention.

It was a genuine question from new player.

I was polite, I didn't argue, I left, I DIDN'T COMPLAIN HERE (see your quote bellow)

And the most important, I didn't reveal player's name. It was genuine newb player question.

I suspected it was mine but I just wanted to make sure, so I will know how to (re)act next time.

Look, I had one player (this was on Green) come by (same camp) at the same time Shraloc spawned. While I was buffing my pet, he quickly send /ooc, /tell to me and attacked the Shraloc all within 10 seconds. (I think was hardly more than 5 seconds) I have a screen shot of logs and everything, but I didn't make a thread about this (complaining) and I didn't petition it. And he clearly acted like a jerk. Was that polite enough action for you?

Now lets look from my view point, if you please. I'm new, I don't know things, so I'm asking questions. Someone posted cryptic (for me) post, proposition, he was looking for new players with low level from Blue server. So I responded as I may be interested, even that I wasn't sure what was all about and stated that. After replying I saw it was actually posted in Red part of this forum. Since I'm not interested in Red and PvP I added with jokingly statement. And looks like I stepped on a few toes as well. Jet no one bothered to actually answered to me, what it was all about.

So, looking from my view point, what should I do next? Stop posting & asking questions, since some here get triggered so fast? Is this the point of these forums?

Can you see my side of this story? Of should these forums be only for seasoned players who already know all the answers?
This forum has an ... aggressive culture. Rather than being concerned about your post (which was completely legitimate), I'd just accept that posts like Balers' are more of a reflection of the poster (and that culture), than they are any sort of reflection on what you wrote.

TLDR; Don't worry, there was nothing wrong with your post ... just be thicker skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum has an ... aggressive culture.
OK, point taken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Ignore any bitchings. Your head seems to be screwed on pretty straight, keep following your own compass.

Fizzlelina Fizzlezalot <Castle> :: Gnome Necromancer :: Green
Welgrim Stoutslammer <Dawn Believers> :: Dwarf Cleric :: Blue
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Welgrim's Project 1999 files: https://p99.yourfirefly.com
Old 06-24-2020, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

This doesn't excuse my aggressive rude posts in this thread but hear me out.

If the camp was yours why did you leave?
If what you said is true the person was AFK and the spawn was up. Meaning they're not camping it as per the PnP and Server Rules

You have logs as proof if they attempt to kill steal from your camp.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the camp was yours why did you leave?
Well I answered all this. I assumed camp was mine, I did write this in the tell back to the player. But wasn't sure, decided to ask here to make sure for next time. Player was high level and this confused me, this player should know, so I though, maybe I was wrong. Beside, I only had about 1 hour of free time to play, player offered we camp together and share bags between us, I may get only 1 in that time or none. I was not going to argue for the whole camp. I can came back. (which I did day later, and got after few spiders 3 bags in a row(!), what a luck)

But as noob, I wanted to be sure, I asked, not complained and I didn't post players name, not even revealing toon gender or guild name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If what you said is true the person was AFK and the spawn was up. Meaning they're not camping it as per the PnP and Server Rules

You have logs as proof if they attempt to kill steal from your camp.
What I said IS TRUE, spawn (placeholder) was up, I waited few minutes, no responds from the player, I /tell to player few times, then I /tell that I will kill a PH, no response, I kill PH, no response, I'm waiting longer, no response, second PH spawns, still no response, I was going to kill second PH, then player moved, killed PH. Next 1-2 minutes is quet, (probably reading my tells and evaluating the situation) no response, I asked why player is ignoring me, then I finally got first reply, something in regard: Sorry, camping this one for over 8 hours, had to go to do something... etc

I asked, how can you camp this one for so long, you should be out of bag spaces; answer, I was camping with another toon first, now with this one, need 3 more bags. Player didn't show any intention to leave, but player did offer to camp together and share those bags.

I answered player can have the camp (so I willingly let it go) and I will come back some time later. Player asked if I'm sure. I said yes. But I also said (and finished conversation) that I think camp was mine and I will ask about this on forum and make sure.

Above is not exact quote, i don't have screen shot, so per memory, but I think it is very accurate.

So, bottom line, I came here to this forum and I asked the question to make sure, to see if I was correct, just like I responded in a tell to the player that I will do.

And now I know, it was mine, (once for a change I was right, hear this wifey? lol) so end of story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really that's all I needed, a confirmation. And honestly, I'm really glad I did ask, I got some great tips, including from @BlackBellamy how to act next time. Using /ooc etc. Didn't know that. Used it very next day, same camp, player was some 40-45 minutes AFK but it was nice getting response in /ooc from other players acknowledging situation. Thank you @BlackBellamy and others for all the tips!

So, ignore my previous respond to you, it was too serious, it is just a game, it is all good, no need to spend any more anyone's time on this topic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I can see how this kind of topic probably often pops up and if you are here for years, it can get tiresome, I get it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

p.s.
To a high level player, who was part of this, if you read this, think about this when you are in the same situation next time. Be nice and do the right thing, don't offer sharing the camp and split the loot, just give it away as per rules. You too can come back later. Not to mention, as a high level player, you probably have enough platina to buy all the bags you want. This noob had around 100-200 platina when this event occurred. And no Shraloc (or whetever it's name is, i always name it wrong) bags. Think about it.

P.p.s
On another side, I should not forget all the nice things, help and goodies I got from other high level players. Like Robe of Oracle! Just gifted to me! (Thank you, very generous Druid!) Also on Blue. Plus some stuff I will need (I think) for my mage Epic quest. Thank you all for all the nice things, which are worth waaaaaaaay more than those silly bags. Blue rocks! Noob, but running around with Robe of Oracle, like some kind of pro lol (but still die a lot like a noob he-he)
Last edited by pivo; 06-24-2020 at 08:09 AM..
Old 06-24-2020, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.p.s
On another side, I should not forget all the nice things, help and goodies I got from other high level players. Like Robe of Oracle! Just gifted to me! (Thank you, very generous Druid!) Also on Blue. Plus some stuff I will need (I think) for my mage Epic quest. Thank you all for all the nice things, which are worth waaaaaaaay more than those silly bags. Blue rocks! Noob, but running around with Robe of Oracle, like some kind of pro lol (but still die a lot like a noob he-he)
I just wanted to chime in here... I wouldn't hold my breath about completing your Mage Epic.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to chime in here... I wouldn't hold my breath about completing your Mage Epic.
Yeah, I've read about being hard and difficult and almost impossible on one server, just forgot which one. And since I'm solo player, I can probably forget about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure if those items were for epic quest or for some focus quests items. Don't know much about this stuff yet and didn't do any reading on it yet. If I have time, for now I'm playing, will do reading & learning some time later, I have plenty of time for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yeah, I've read about being hard and difficult and almost impossible on one server, just forgot which one. And since I'm solo player, I can probably forget about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure if those items were for epic quest or for some focus quests items. Don't know much about this stuff yet and didn't do any reading on it yet. If I have time, for now I'm playing, will do reading & learning some time later, I have plenty of time for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to derail too much, but it's both Blue and Green (the item drops, but Epics are not implemented yet). In terms of whether it's the epic or a focus item... it's also both [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. The item in question is the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth, which is a focus item that can affect pets over level 49, but it's also required for the Epic.

To be clear, there are other items that are rather difficult to obtain... but I think this one in particular is the biggest bottleneck.
Last edited by Sabin76; 06-24-2020 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to derail too much, but it's both Blue and Green (the item drops, but Epics are not implemented yet). In terms of whether it's the epic or a focus item... it's also both [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. The item in question is the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth, which is a focus item that can affect pets over level 49, but it's also required for the Epic.

To be clear, there are other items that are rather difficult to obtain... but I think this one in particular is the biggest bottleneck.

Ahh, I see, both servers lol! Thank you for the info. Will do some reading, once I get to the bank and I see what i have stored there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't worry too much about epic either way. I have read, that many players are perfectly happy without it, and who knows I many never get high enough, to be able to use it any way, even if it would be easily available. So I've never really counted on it, but do appreciate all the info.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

No, it's mine. Reported.