Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
you’re moving the goalposts from “I HAVE ALL THIS EVIDENCE THAT CHARM ISNT WORKING PROPERLY ON P99 AND NEEDS A CODING CHANGE”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good thing the staff arent gonna listen to this loon
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

I’m going to post this quote here since I believe the poster meant it for this thread:

Quote:
Necros are way more exciting and enjoyable to play than enchanters, imo. I've leveled both to 60 and I did enjoy the soloing aspect of a chanter more than grouping due to the non-stop attention required and your group members don't expect you to take small breaks. Keeping hastes up alone are taxing with 3 melee in the group and the attention focus required is absolute if you don't want to wipe the group.

Enchanters are the real Assassins of the server, not rogues. They infiltrate unnoticed (pacify) and snipe targets, then get out. They are very efficient at doing that. They're also extremely boring, there's no nuance or variations, just the same recipe. It's like eating mashed potatoes every day all day for the rest of your life.

Necros on the other hand have to change tactics based on mobs / environment and the playstyle is way more diversified. Simply put, it's more rewarding and enjoyable playing a necro and you can break whenever you feel like it with FD.

Leave enchanters alone and play what you enjoy the most
It’s more of a personal problem, but I lately have been torn as to whether I should dump the pp I have saved (will probably need to continue to save obviously too) on high lev enc spells such as bedlam, or switch to necro and use it instead on its later game spells (obviously some like emissary of Thule are ridic expensive and thus out of reach)

I still enjoy charm soloing but I agree with this poster that I probably would not like late-game grouping with enc. I already semi-committed to chanter somewhat by buying jboots though
Old 12-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Banned

i leveled 1-50 at the start of green healing a fucking naked ench's animation while wearing full rubicite. we were like the 3rd 50 of each class. enchs will be fine to level.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Banned

people probably wont be even notice a thing lol
Old 12-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Banned

It's still worth the effort, I enjoyed reading about it on the bug report, its' pretty neat and nice to think about and at least the code is there if i made a custom server I would put it in, maybe tweak it a bit
Old 12-09-2021, 01:22 PM
Banned

it would also explain why hitspam could desync/crash ppl and zones etc
Old 12-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people probably wont be even notice a thing lol
with no cha gear early on charming is absolute ass anyway. and no clarity for the first few months means you are medding forever if you try it.

way easier to just get up a jobober and find a friend to drop some heals on it. does fine damage with haste and slowed mobs. that wont be nerfed so they are going to be fine.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with no cha gear early on charming is absolute ass anyway. and no clarity for the first few months means you are medding forever if you try it.

way easier to just get up a jobober and find a friend to drop some heals on it. does fine damage with haste and slowed mobs. that wont be nerfed so they are going to be fine.
CHA gear isn't supposed to effect charm, it has minimal to no effect and maybe even a negative effect. We won't have to argue over the evidence in the bug reports soon I'm just reverse engineering the charm function from a year 2000 client.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CHA gear isn't supposed to effect charm, it has minimal to no effect and maybe even a negative effect. We won't have to argue over the evidence in the bug reports soon I'm just reverse engineering the charm function from a year 2000 client.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=318170
Old 12-11-2021, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...s-and-charisma

You can Google charisma EQ and find tons and tons of info and tests people have done in classic era. Also the top link was someone pulling quotes from the guy who created the charm code for classic EQ.
Closed Thread