Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh? how do you figure?
I think he is trying to make the case that stalking probes speed up leveling. I have 8 on my Necro and I think I've only used like 10 charges in the past few months. Then again I have Iksar regen so maybe that's why I don't have to use them.

The limitation of no pet and needing to be in a safe location the eye won't aggro things means I use it after a Rez to Vexing and continue liching.

Beyond that I don't find much use in the probes. But no, gnome doesn't level any faster than human, DE, Erudite. The probes have extremely minor utility IMO. And because they are extra cheap and vendor rechargeable, any race can use them with equal success.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
...I like Iksars too but playing what you like > min/maxing....
+1
Old 07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

I do like the theory that "necromancy is evil and if you're going to be evil class might as well go full evil like iksar" theory. But sometimes getting back to cab is a struggle.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do like the theory that "necromancy is evil and if you're going to be evil class might as well go full evil like iksar" theory. But sometimes getting back to cab is a struggle.
At lvl 34 and on, your skellie illusion lich spells allow you to bank/sell in almost any evil city.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At lvl 34 and on, your skellie illusion lich spells allow you to bank/sell in almost any evil city.
What about good cities?
Old 07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about good cities?
Almost every bank you can use by hidding behind a wall, getting into a 3rd person view and right clicking on a banker. Even if you're KoS to them.

The only annoyance I had on Iksar Necro was going back to train pre-34 (Call of Bones lets you train in I think all Necro guild's). And you really only have to train up to level 22 and then research every 10 levels or so. Banking wasn't typically an issue. Selling you can always use Druid ring vendors and gypsies (usually close to a Necro sell location) or Call of Bones when high enough.

OT vendors being greedy is really annoying though. Being able to buy reagent from them at a reasonable price would be fantastic.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Banned

I don't really see regeneration on necro as a big deal at all. A good necro is constantly active making use of their life taps.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really see regeneration on necro as a big deal at all. A good necro is constantly active making use of their life taps.
Right, I guess at top levels over 60 seconds(10 ticks) the extra hp regen would prolly only be about 1 tick of a life tap over time spell I'd imagine. So iksars require 1 less tick of a life tap dot per minute. Idk as I'm not a high end necro, this only assumption. But if this is true it doesn't seem to be a big deal after all.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Right, I guess at top levels over 60 seconds(10 ticks) the extra hp regen would prolly only be about 1 tick of a life tap over time spell I'd imagine. So iksars require 1 less tick of a life tap dot per minute. Idk as I'm not a high end necro, this only assumption. But if this is true it doesn't seem to be a big deal after all.
If you're soloing and getting the most out of your necro (aka charming) you need to do stuff to finish off mobs anyway so why not use a life tap? I do think the regeneration tends to look better on paper then it actually is in practice.
Last edited by Teppler; 07-07-2015 at 06:28 PM..
Old 07-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

lifetaps are not mana efficient as far as the amount of damage you're doing to a mob, though. mana you're spending on lifetaps is mana that you're not spending on pure-damage DOTs.
Last edited by pharmakos; 07-07-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Closed Thread