Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Team up with a shaman and charm with him.
I'll definitely get to paw (unless I really love doing dalnir) soon, but it's doubtful I'll duo! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just appreciate working at my own pace and afking/logging whenever I feel like it too much to do much non-solo, even if the duo would be with my favorite partners (hi rhakor, alawen, drumas, and briscoe).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-09-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Old 06-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Did 29-32 in Cazic Thule on alligators. CT video 1 CT video 2

Then picked up my 34 spells, restocked on reagents and food and stuff, researched a new stun and AOE mez, and moved to dalnir. First floor Dalnir

Planning to drop down to the second level to poke around next time I get a chance to play uninterrupted. Probably going to hit 34 in Dalnir while seeing if I can crawl to and kill any of the nameds who spawn in the zone, then I'll move on to paw or crystal caverns.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Really enjoyed your videos, tecmos.

Goog to see you back again

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Phew. It's quite a jump up from the gators in CT and the mobs I was killing in Dalnir to the snakes in Paw. They're hitting for 74 max and proccing poison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I haven't decided yet if fighting them up on the little ledge where the hiding gnolls are, or fighting them in the water is better. The ledge doesn't have much room to work with and I feel like I need to kill the little green gnolls off every spawn cycle so they are never an issue. But in the water, it's very hard to cast on anything that is moving cause it bounces up and down on the surface of the water and most of my spells finish casting without LoS.

Heh. Just has a near catastrophe. I had a couple snakes going at it underwater, and a gnoll randomly z-axis-fuckered himself down into the water right next to my pet then suddenly zipped off the opposite direction at a run. Got gate loaded and got out, fortunately. These shitty pathing routes are a pain in the ass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-13-2016 at 08:24 AM..
Old 06-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Yuck.

The snake spot in paw was going alright for a couple hours. Risk of bad pathers falling into the water and the lack of a good spot to kill the snakes maybe just barely outweighed by the nice XP, though the snakes don't have any loot either. But then I just died twice, on the same two snakes, both times with them both under 20% HP cause they just started chain resisting stuns and roots... lol.

I'm not going to stay here very long I don't think. I can't believe you'd want to duo this unless there are more spawns than the 7 I'm seeing, cause when I'm not getting raped by resists I clear all the snakes at 34 solo. It'd be slllooowww duo. It'd be GREAT solo if not for the buggyness, but the snakes not moving through the water on sane z-axes makes it dangerous to fight underwater, and the small space above water isn't any safer.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yuck.

The snake spot in paw was going alright for a couple hours. Risk of bad pathers falling into the water and the lack of a good spot to kill the snakes maybe just barely outweighed by the nice XP, though the snakes don't have any loot either. But then I just died twice, on the same two snakes, both times with them both under 20% HP cause they just started chain resisting stuns and roots... lol.

I'm not going to stay here very long I don't think. I can't believe you'd want to duo this unless there are more spawns than the 7 I'm seeing, cause when I'm not getting raped by resists I clear all the snakes at 34 solo. It'd be slllooowww duo. It'd be GREAT solo if not for the buggyness, but the snakes not moving through the water on sane z-axes makes it dangerous to fight underwater, and the small space above water isn't any safer.

I did lvl34 to 39 there on my chanter. One of the best XP camp imo. Mobs are indifférent and gnolls wont assist them if they run. I was fighting under water in a corner which was probably idéal imo. And 7 mobs is pretty good for an enchanter solo. I was pulling all snakes in that kind of hole where theres only 1 solo cause it was à décent place to pull and it would avoid most of the bugs in that area. I had EB item tho.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh, I didn't realize that the gnolls wouldn't assist. The hidden gnolls DID aggro me when I was fighting a snake and sat down next to them, so I figured the normal gnolls would too.

I guess I can't really complain about the camp... just not my favorite. I hit 35 though so maybe I won't get boned by crazy resists two fights in a row anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Well I finally settled into a groove at the snake lake in paw after slowly going through the first 1/3 of 35. I started clearing the 4 little non-aggro gnolls on the ledge near the lake with 1 snake, then killing the other 3 pairs of snakes up on the ledge to avoid water LoS problems.

Once I hit 36 my issues with charm/root not lasting too well vanished too. I'm nearing 37, gonna get some buffer into 37 so I'm not losing extra xp from deaths in 36, then I'll head to Velious to XP in (and make some videos in) TOFS and CC.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Well on my way to CC, I got distracted by TOFS. I had forgotten it had such a wide level range, and when browsing the wiki as I crossed Iceclad reminded me, I figured I should stop in and get some of the keys while there was still XP to be had.

First floor I popped the undead gnoll after killing 8-10 mobs. Second floor I had some trouble XPing while trying to get the angry librarian to spawn to get up further... enchanter NPCs kept dispelling my buffs like crazy and rebuffing was annoying, and all the necro and chanter dots were eating my HP up even with constant runes. I had to gate out a few times, though I did make like half of 37. Eventually I got the angry librarian and got my key (and a student's homework - upgrade!).

Wiki says undead on third floor? Cool. I'll go look around with IVU up. I immediately got jumped by a wandering animated armor and two undead cook dog things, got them all locked down at like 20% hp and mem gate to get out, but cause of a resist on one of my mez attempts I don't quite get the gate off before a mez breaks and I get beat down.

And at that point I re-learned that TOFS keys aren't soulbound. So my body is sitting tight on the third floor in there until tomorrow when someone else is in zone to help me... lol.

Think I'll continue on to CC after that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely recommend CC - been soloing down there with my Pally (35 currently) and the bank/vendor/guards combo has been invaluable, not to mention decent cash drops and low popularity. Lots of 2-3 mob groups which I imagine would be ideal for a chanter. Just watch out for vertical aggro if you're hunting around the crystal well, critical soothe resists have cost me a lot of wasted time running to the guards with 5-6 mobs.

P.S. I'll likely be online tomorrow morning (US PST time) if you need help in ToFS. Don't have my keys yet but I've been meaning to farm them anyway.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread