Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My theory is that the earthquakes aren't random because the staff need support people online when they happen. Support people don't play on Euro time, ergo we don't get Euro quakes.

If my theory is correct, there's a very simple solution: a European needs to volunteer to be a staff member [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it required to have a staff person online other than triggering the quake?
Old 09-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screapy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it required to have a staff person online other than triggering the quake?
Well first off, I'm pretty sure I said this already but I'll re-state it: this is my theory.

But if the theory is correct, it's because earthquakes cause guilds to fight over mobs, and when guilds fight over mobs they need GMs to show up and resolve those fights.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but I imagine every earthquake there's a decent chance that two major guilds to get into it. I don't think the staff wants that happening, and going on for hours, without any chance for them to intervene.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well first off, I'm pretty sure I said this already but I'll re-state it: this is my theory.

But if the theory is correct, it's because earthquakes cause guilds to fight over mobs, and when guilds fight over mobs they need GMs to show up and resolve those fights.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but I imagine every earthquake there's a decent chance that two major guilds to get into it. I don't think the staff wants that happening, and going on for hours, without any chance for them to intervene.
Okay, I hear ya. Here is what I think about that:
From my experience raid disputes are usually being handled by the guild officers. Usually people demand fraps and then exchange fraps and come in most cases up with a solution themselves. Usually they're mad at each other for weeks and that's the end of the story. If they don't come up with the solution usually petitions are filed AFTERWARDS including fraps of both parties. So there are barely any "on the spot" deicisions.
The one and only occasion I can remember where GMs took actions right on the spot changing the very present quake immediately was when Tempest was told to leave ToV (I might be wrong here that there were more occasions).

Soooo assuming GMs wouldn't have time to watch a 3 pm EST quake, I would argue there isn't the need to watch a 3 pm EST quake.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screapy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, I hear ya. Here is what I think about that:
From my experience raid disputes are usually being handled by the guild officers. Usually people demand fraps and then exchange fraps and come in most cases up with a solution themselves. Usually they're mad at each other for weeks and that's the end of the story. If they don't come up with the solution usually petitions are filed AFTERWARDS including fraps of both parties. So there are barely any "on the spot" deicisions.
The one and only occasion I can remember where GMs took actions right on the spot changing the very present quake immediately was when Tempest was told to leave ToV (I might be wrong here that there were more occasions).

Soooo assuming GMs wouldn't have time to watch a 3 pm EST quake, I would argue there isn't the need to watch a 3 pm EST quake.
Maybe GMs are quaking when they feel it is most likely there will be reputable guild officers on who will resolve or document any disagreements they have with opposing guilds, reducing the difficulty of any disputes that do reach a CSR?
Old 09-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe GMs are quaking when they feel it is most likely there will be reputable guild officers on who will resolve or document any disagreements they have with opposing guilds, reducing the difficulty of any disputes that do reach a CSR?
If that's the case, then the server owes Bladefrenzy some quakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I've considered that before as well. They'd have to be kinda masochistic to go throwing out quakes mid-day on weekdays while the support staff has to work, or during dinner with their families or whatever else.

I remember at least one Saturday morning quake since I've been here though, seems like lately its all weekend and evening. Mixing it up just a little would be nice.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If that's the case, then the server owes Bladefrenzy some quakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quaking when Bladefrenzy is on would not ensure them of reputable raid leaders!!!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:13 AM
Kobold

I think EST weekend primitime quakes are either a cause from influential induviduals or the staff just quake when it suits themself best.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Wtb eurotime week quake...
Old 10-02-2019, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or the staff just quake when it suits themself best.
the quakes are manual. rogean and nilbog are americans. this isn't theory. of course nilbog and Rogean aren't going to stay up till 4am for everquest. heck, I won't stay up till 1am for everquest.

the solution is automated random quakes.