Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eye of zomm. Mages cast it through a bracelet click.

It is used to target people far away and then teleport that person to the mage with call of hero.

Gnomes can glitch the eye to spawn at a certain point in a zone by using an exploit. Ban all gnomes.

Surely a dedicated erud could just shrink pot for coth/eye glitch?
It's not a gnome thing (unless it was changed) you just needed to have the wall on your left side but any race could do it fine.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just to add a bit more to your point...eBoots, which will be on the market within a month if not sooner, are +9 INT. While racial choice in classic was more important than say, Velious, for most classes, it still isnt vital to be able to have a strong, well-played character.

Also, not having to constantly rely on items to mitigate or eliminate the creeping darkness of the world is a plus. Classic nightvision is gonna mess with SO many people who are used to the high-gamma world of P99Blue.

To add a personal anecdote and opinion:
Back on classic, my first character was a human paladin. Found my way into Nektolus around level 10. No candle.

Could. Not. See. ANYTHING except my UI. Increasing gamma just made the inky blacks a little more gray.

Gnome for Wallvision(TM). Dark Elf for Ultravision. Leave the rest where they lay.
Eboots are like THE high end trading item for months on a new server. Acting like you can just go EC and buy a pair for any new char is laughable.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Skeleton

Few things, first I was a mage in Oct 1999, the pet spells you are saying where not in the game, where in the game in strange locations like the Ocean of Tears. One pet, I do believe it was 24 was research only. After that though 28+could still be bought though it was only one of the four at any given level until I think 48? was research only don't quote me on that.

No that is said, mages OP? No, a naked bard with a drum and brass horn will out EXP us and be more useful in a group. Same goes for Necro's, druids, and several other classes. As a mage I found the best thing to do since most groups didn't want me and at least 30% of the time didn't let me summon a pet, was to out door dou with a Necro. Mages are 'Okay' solo but shine with another mage and one or two necro's. The power of pets is DRAMATICALLY better the more pet classes that team up to fear kite. So if you have an SO and one of you want to role a mage, one of you should consider Necro/Druid/Cleric/Shaman/Mage for the partner.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eboots are like THE high end trading item for months on a new server. Acting like you can just go EC and buy a pair for any new char is laughable.

Needless, they are still something that will be available. And we are only talking 90 mana here at level 50 if you somehow dont hit the softcap by then.

Erudites, especially with junk darkvision, are gonna be a painful way to play. Maybe if we want hardmode, but they are FAR from the min/max option, especially when gnomes exist.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

People continue to make poor posts.
just let this ignorant thread die already.

Also I already posted detailed instructions on the eye of zomm exploit
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=21

I swear im handing knowledge away and people are refusing to take it for no good reason.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudites, especially with junk darkvision
All mages have ultravision
https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Coldstone

Most people won't hit the soft cap on INT in classic. y'all need to educate yourself, this is not kunark or velious we're talking about.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-07-2019 at 10:30 PM..
Old 10-07-2019, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG someone else who uses the term "Eboots!'. Thats what we called on my server on live but everyone else seems to call em GEBS here.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most people won't hit the soft cap on INT in classic. y'all need to educate yourself, this is not kunark or velious we're talking about.
Oh man forgot about that summoned item! The ability to summon actually useful ITEMS like that is what made me fall in love with Mages during Classic. Night vision necklaces, Lev rings, EB stones. All kinda different weapons etc. I could see Mages sitting in EC on Green making a bit of coin summoning items for players.

Does anyone remember when Mages could actually summon bags full of ARMOR as well?

It's a shame Verant moved away from that aspect of the Class so quickly.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People continue to make poor posts.
just let this ignorant thread die already.

Also I already posted detailed instructions on the eye of zomm exploit
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=21

I swear im handing knowledge away and people are refusing to take it for no good reason.
---

It would be awesome if you could stop acting like you are some benevolent master of magicianry here to educate the poor, unwashed and ignorant masses. What you're saying is not the be all, end all of playing a magician, and as you might have noticed, you are the only person here acting like Erudite is far and away the best option. Because it isn't.

You're talking about a less than 100 difference in total mana pool at level 50.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

I think you need to be shrunk to do it with a non gnome. Probably not a big deal unless that's all you ever plan to do with the character is CoH people around.

Erudites have the stats, dark elf has hide, gnomes get all the chicks.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be awesome if you could stop acting like you are some benevolent master of magicianry here to educate the poor, unwashed and ignorant masses.
You have obviously not read many of his posts...
Closed Thread