Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

And people didn't understand why I was so upset in the thread that called mages horrible in classic.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Skorge you've been here awhile, I'm surprised that you're shocked that mages are powerful. Vanilla EQ is like the only time in the game's lifespan when mages are one of the most powerful classes in the game.

In fact, back in the day on P99 if you had the pet focus staff from Phinny, your pet would nuke for like 5x as much damage because the level increase from the focus made the game think that you had a Kunark pet. A single mage pet could out-dps fully geared rogues and monks. Mage pets probably won't be quite that good on Green, but they'll still be great.

Also, serious raiders are going to want CotH bots in Kunark. Half of the playerbase is going to be rolling mages.
Last edited by Byrjun; 10-18-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure low-level fire pets DO actually diaf (kek) in realistic leveling situations.

You don't have enough context here, with this alone, to make any sound conclusions.

Was this guy using a max-level summon? What level mob was he fighting? Was he grouped or solo, kiting or letting his pet tank fully? Did his pet put up a damage shield before the fight or was it not on yet? All this stuff could easily be true or not, and these things would drastically affect the way a player who doesn't know about them perceives the strength of this pet. Nowadays we know to think about this. The first month or whatever of classic, almost nobody did.

Again, I'm not trying to argue that the pets are too strong or too weak, classic or not. I'm just pointing out that you aren't making a very good case for change, regardless. Accumulate evidence, present it in a thoughtful way without bias or emotion involved, and make a good thread.
You're basically asking a cat to do physics. All this guy can do is sperg and cry about what he wants.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're basically asking a cat to do physics. All this guy can do is sperg and cry about what he wants.
I only ask devs to resort mages to where they were on classic launch through the end of May '99. A thread on the bug forum has been posted with well documented research.

Mage pets are broke as they stand now on Green. That is a fact. Argue all you want. You can even tell me I'm crying. I don't care. I will keep on posting.

All I want is a classic feature implemented on launch of a classic server.

No, I won't be starting any new threads about mages. But will continue to defend myself on any thread I started about mages, as long as someone attacks me.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only ask devs to resort mages to where they were on classic launch through the end of May '99. A thread on the bug forum has been posted with well documented research.

Mage pets are broke as they stand now on Green. That is a fact. Argue all you want. You can even tell me I'm crying. I don't care. I will keep on posting.

All I want is a classic feature implemented on launch of a classic server.

No, I won't be starting any new threads about mages. But will continue to defend myself on any thread I started about mages, as long as someone attacks me.
It seems mage pets are not acting exactly as they did on release from the evidence of the patch notes.

But what does "broke" mean? Seems to imply overpowered and/or problematic.

However, several people have tried explaining to you even if it is the case that pets are different from the original patch that is not the reason they are overpowered.

You seem to be ignoring this side of the discussion and it makes your problem with mage pets seem less legitimate/relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, again, like I already said, why THIS thread? If these are the issues you're concerned about, why not bump the bug report or accumulate more evidence or something?

Complaining that 6 pets with awesome damage shields and some melee damage can wear down EE via chain summoning... something that will be just as possible even if the changes you are talking about get put in (level 16 pets will get 99% or more resists with spells against a level 30+ mob anyway, level 16 pets aren't dual wielding even if you try to give them two weapons, necro pets are irrelevant to mages killing EE)... I mean maybe I'm just not seeing your angle here. But I doubt it.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You totally miss the point. The point is mage pets are still casting spells. They are not in their true form right now on Green. There has been patch notes provided in the Bugs forum to prove this 100%. Nobody is even saying anything about this! It disgusts me quite frankly. People will rather have a broke launch on Green to get a head start for a few pixels that won't even matter due to the /list function.

It completely baffles me. I feel like I am lone ranger here for wanting the server to emulate how it was on classic launch. Pets were no where near as good as they are here on blue and now green. It's a HUGE deal. It completely changes things and makes things unclassic.

If the launch needs to be delayed, then so be it. It would be well worth it. Heck right now Kunark items are dropping...there are a TON of bugs being reported.

There's no way the lvl 16 pet spells are landing on the EE? Even still it's a caster mob getting pet spammed.

2 mages can pet spam phinny at 50

Its classic
Old 10-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

My favorite thing about playing EQ 20 years later, is the fact that people JUST discover things that have been there for the same 20 years. /giggle
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Aviak

@OP

People play the game in different ways. Some will take it slow and casual, some will exploit the most powerful mechanics and content. Play how you want to play. If you want to farm manastones with low level mages, make your own party of mage pals and contest for it. If you don't than oh well, it isn't fair to force people to play your way only.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Just heard this this morning from a friend. He said it went down on the discord. Can anyone confirm this? If so, this is simply madness and the devs need to fix mages ASAP.

I know beta is 10x exp but all the highest toons are mages. The level of OP in mages currently will ruin the whole entire experience. Sorry to say.

I hope this not true. Would like anyone to chime in if they heard the same or can confirm this?
Remember when I said they would eventually nerf mages and all I heard was "nah they won't do that just because mages level fast in classic"
I'll keep being proven right..

On the plus side it looks like the trojan was removed from the patch so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 01:47 AM
Aviak

Pretty sure this didn't happen. I killed the first few ee that died on beta with my lvl 35 Mage (at the time) Harms.
Closed Thread