Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Large Rat

I'd wager 90% of the top raid forces are simply playing out of spite for the other side these days. Imagine playing on a server where everyone hates you and wishes you would leave. What Menden did for blue is amazing. Can't get along? Get out.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguu~ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd wager 90% of the top raid forces are simply playing out of spite for the other side these days. Imagine playing on a server where everyone hates you and wishes you would leave. What Menden did for blue is amazing. Can't get along? Get out.
This is honestly the reality of blue...I just hope it stays
Old 11-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember targets being up for days at a time back on live.

Because there were 40 servers on live and the same amount of jeckbeards as there are on P99, so they were spread out more. Servers didn't have Seal Team guilds with that many no lifers in .
Old 11-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because there were 40 servers on live and the same amount of jeckbeards as there are on P99, so they were spread out more. Servers didn't have Seal Team guilds with that many no lifers in .
Each server had a seal team...but even the no lifers of classic EQ didn't allow their lives to be ran by a game.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

I remember fondly, playing back then in my 20s/30s. Now here we all 20 years later, which I think would make most of us in our 40s or older....and this stuff still goes on. Yikes my dudes.

WTB SOW pot PST send tells please.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarauderOHHYEAH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each server had a seal team...but even the no lifers of classic EQ didn't allow their lives to be ran by a game.
Exactly. I was in a top raid guild. You went after the targets that were up during our raid schedule during the which was 6 PM to 12 AM ET during. Being a ton younger then we still understood balance. If a Euro or Pacific guild got a target during the week then that's how it worked out.

I'm not sure when encouraging broken people to get more broken began.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Old 11-03-2020, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. I was in a top raid guild. You went after the targets that were up during our raid schedule during the which was 6 PM to 12 AM ET during. Being a ton younger then we still understood balance. If a Euro or Pacific guild got a target during the week then that's how it worked out.

I'm not sure when encouraging broken people to get more broken began.
Same we followed the same raid schedule... 6pm-done... every day but friday... they are still on that schedule ( and still top 5) to this day
Old 11-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

So, let me understand... if we rotate targets, that's called welfare pixels because of the lack of competition. This concept goes against everything the hardcore raiders are for... they have been pounding their chests and screaming that guilds need to compete for their pixels. Again. Just like we did on Blue. Just like we will be doing in 2050 when Mauve server opens and these neckbeards are logging in their army of level 52 alts from their deathbeds to deny us Naggy kills in late Velious to make sure we don't get any of their pixels.

Yet the goal of them locking down Trak as much as possible is that so they have no competition in VP... wouldn't that be basically free handouts as well?

Or locking down first brood dragons in Velious so they have no competition in ST... isn't that basically welfare pixels due to lack of competition?

Folks, this isn't "you want pixels, then you should compete!", this is "you want pixels, how dare you?!" Don't be fooled.

Always has been.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Top guilds never want competition... they want to rule a server... we saw the same thing on live during kunark when verant opened more servers up and guilds fled like rats to new servers so they would be top dog
Old 11-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, let me understand... if we rotate targets, that's called welfare pixels because of the lack of competition. This concept goes against everything the hardcore raiders are for... they have been pounding their chests and screaming that guilds need to compete for their pixels. Again. Just like we did on Blue. Just like we will be doing in 2050 when Mauve server opens and these neckbeards are logging in their army of level 52 alts from their deathbeds to deny us Naggy kills in late Velious to make sure we don't get any of their pixels.

Yet the goal of them locking down Trak as much as possible is that so they have no competition in VP... wouldn't that be basically free handouts as well?

Or locking down first brood dragons in Velious so they have no competition in ST... isn't that basically welfare pixels due to lack of competition?

Folks, this isn't "you want pixels, then you should compete!", this is "you want pixels, how dare you?!" Don't be fooled.

Always has been.
I can't wait to be old enough to qualify for the Seal Team Assisted Living Facility

3 top ramens per day
hot pockets on friday
dkp bingo weekly
nurse to change poop dish
Closed Thread