Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Kaev for your tip about the z-axis.

Thanks even more to Sorn/Tadhg for being such a hero and run all the way to Blackburrow to come and invis me so I could do the CR safely. I am in your debt good sire!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

You can rez me later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There did not seem to be much success with dragging from the top level. I don't know if there's just no spot directly above that part of BB or if it really does take z-axis into consideration.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

I dont think there was a spot in range on the first level.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Good deal!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

So, you really wanted to hear about how it goes, right? No? Never mind then, I will just talk to this decaying skeleton then.

There are a lot of gnolls without teeth. Still at level 11 I got 9% xp for three gnoll teeth. So, even when the gnolls are green and give no xp it is worth farming teeth. It gets harder when it gets a bit crowded in Blackburrow, but I don't really hunt at prime time.

A very kind soul dropped by with a weapon made for adventurers with way higher experience than me. Thanks! It nearly felt like cheating whacking gnolls with that thing. Fortunately it looks fairly modest, and could be any old piece of wood. Gotta keep up appearances. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dinged 12 I did too. Now I am pondering if it is time to go to North Karana and hunt willowisps for lightstones and greater lightstones, or if I can grind out two more levels in BB for the spells that come at 14. Decisions decisions.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Naxy, weren't you a member of the EQCleric community? This is Camien, I was on there a long time ago.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dinged 12 I did too. Now I am pondering if it is time to go to North Karana and hunt willowisps for lightstones and greater lightstones, or if I can grind out two more levels in BB for the spells that come at 14. Decisions decisions.
You do get good exp turning in lightstones and greater lightstones. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naxy, weren't you a member of the EQCleric community? This is Camien, I was on there a long time ago.
Indeed I was. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Hold down both mouse buttons to run. Then you can look around just by moving the mouse.
I think...
But then I play on a laptop with no mouse, so what do I know?
Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Eh, so I tried my luck in North Karana. Bloody ass long run. Fortunately with nothing much along the southern shore of West Karana. I move towards the guard tower, next to the gypsy camp. Kill a willowisp along the way. And another one, well nearly. A griffenne, or something decided I looked like dinner and there I was. Back in Qeynos.

I ran to the bank to get my spare lantern and was not only SOWed by a kind druid. Pretty soon I found myself ported to North Karana and given a charred guardian shield and some tunic with wisdom on*. You are too kind my lady!

I think I will come back when I am 14 and at least able to bind myself in a suitable location.

* That is best in slot pre planar gear, according to the wiki. That experience is not classic! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Naxy; 07-31-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Closed Thread