Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Naxy, that old cleric, is back again

I know, you still don't care, but my decaying skeleton buddy and I have really quite good conversations. Albeit a bit one sided, so we *cough* keep talking, even if he is a bit hard of hearing. He grins widely though, that is gotta count for something, right?

I see you can't really post on old threads, so the story really starts here.

I read here that there aren't really enough clerics to go around. So maybe after a three year break I should pick up where I left off. I really don't like soloing a cleric to level, so I am going to have try what I always wanted, an enchanter. I hear they can solo.

I started in Erudin and promptly got slaughtered by the Infected rats there. Who thought they were a good idea? So, I said "ok shit for brains, do something". So I took the boat to Qeynos and from there managed to hitch a ride for free with Dial-A-Port. These guys are awesome. To Freeport. Yeah, I know. Everyone goes to Freeport. But I like company.

After som whacking of skeletons and dying to the odd puma I have an enchanter at level 5 that can actually solo yellows. Not very effectively, but it kinda works. Just don't do it with low health...

I am thinking I should level him to about the same level as the cleric, so we can hang out in the same zone when I don't want to sit in LFG with the cleric. But maybe that is just a good theory. We'll see.

I didn't exactly see anyone looking for clerics, but then I wasn't in the right spot. If there still is a shortage of clerics I am game.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

I found this in your previous post (the one you linked in above):

Didn't really spend time to re-familiarise myself with the UI before I started to wander around. Of course the first thing I did was fall down the sewers and drown. just like 15 years ago. I am so used to the fluid movement of newer things I play that it took me several hours to relearn.

So funny, i had the same:

I started a wood elf druid just for trying one out.
It took me 30sec to die the 1st time by falling of Kelethin.
Just like in the old days or in "the noob" comics.

I so love this challenging game.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I started a wood elf druid just for trying one out.
It took me 30sec to die the 1st time by falling of Kelethin.
Just like in the old days or in "the noob" comics.

I so love this challenging game.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Well, classic you say? Someone, someone really nice, have come back two evenings now and helped me. I didn't ask. I was given some nice gear (and asked to pass it on when I don't need it). People provide drive-by buffs regularly. From lvl 5 to 7 in a few hours and even got a fun group at Orc 1, even though I mostly sucked as nothing much stuck.

So, classic? No, you guys are nicer. Well, so far. You spoil me. At this rate you are going to have to convince me to go back to Cleric again.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread