Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 12:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wish someone would post a screenshot of this "Stay off rock" NPC. I'd go look myself but then I'd have to key Mcoy and the chances of someone wanting a 50 cleric in seb at king nowadays are negligible.

-Mcoy
Thanks for all the free rezzes, Mcoy. Here's a couple screenshots, just for you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest is a giant bug.... so much so that it has become part of the game as secrets to uncover and use.

Kiting was never intended. Gnomes weren't meant to see through walls or fit into the hole without a key. Bards swarm kiting wasn't intentional. Fear kiting and finding a spot in the zone where the pathing is extra favorable and it just goes back and forth.... figuring out the exact location of a safe spot is in a dangerous dungeon (chardok stairs? sebilis crypt corner?).

All these things are part of everquest, and 99.9% of the time they are fine. But now and then GMs decide it is too much and crack down on it (which is weird, especially with pathing... since pathing knowledge is often used when fear kiting, or even just where to camp and pull to do your mob doesn't run into trouble when it gets low life).

You can't play everquest and say you hate bugs. Everquest is a giant bug.
Thanks Palabin, appreciate your perspective, and all that you bring to the community. I can't say I hate bugs, but not a fan of exploiting for gain.

In your note it feels like you're justifying <Seal Team> using pathing exploits to pull Myconid Spore King more easily?

These types of tactics are explicitly notated as not being acceptable by p99 staff. This is not at all the same as say fear kiting or sitting in a spot where mobs have no line of sight on you (crypt safe spot). Finding a spot in the zone where the pathing is extra favorable and it just goes back and forth, but can not hit a player, is an exploit, and it is prohibited. I do not believe a GM would now give you the thumbs up if they saw you using this tactic continuously. And this is exactly how Seal Team pulled the first Myconid Spore King.

Is it odd that the official firsts lists here: https://www.project1999.com/achievements.php shows a <Seal Team> first Kill for Myconid Spore King but nary a note for the first Fungi Tunic?

November 07, 2020 - 09:01:34 AM Kill Afeign, Cragzana, Kashandi, Khave, Meathoook, and Yojimbo, of <Seal Team>, were the first to slay myconid_spore_king

Friends in another guild killed King the following night, they got Two Tunics and a Robe of Living Fungus. The Achievement for the robe was received but not for the Tunic. I guess <Seal Team> let the first tunic rot?
Old 11-13-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Let's edit the wiki with who got the first legitimate Fungus Tunic.

We can also leave up the aforementioned exploiting persons and note they got the server first illegitimate fungus tunic.

My pals, who legit got the tunic first, right now
Old 11-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MappaEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the free rezzes, Mcoy. Here's a couple screenshots, just for you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! Glad to be of service.

-Mcoy
Old 11-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's edit the wiki with who got the first legitimate Fungus Tunic.

We can also leave up the aforementioned exploiting persons and note they got the server first illegitimate fungus tunic.

My pals, who legit got the tunic first, right now
Turn it from a brag to a name and shame?
Old 11-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn it from a brag to a name and shame?
I like it. Name and shame hall of fame. When kunark dropped on Blue there was a guy banned for boxing and he was recognized with a serverwide "first" message.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 11-13-2020 at 03:31 PM..
Old 11-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Thats the rock friends pulled king to on red99 for years after letting people camp kings for them
Old 11-13-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

It’s like the crushbone rocks you could dance between to make the trains path around the entire zone lol (Since fixed thx 2 me)

Nice
Old 11-13-2020, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Seal Team pulled and killed the server first Fungi the same way we are pulling and killing now. I watched a video from the monks POV from the pull and it was as clean as could be. You guys can thank the fungi farm crews on the beta server for stay off the rock, not Seal Team.

Also,

WTS Fungi Tunic 400k, or trade for 2 manastones
Old 11-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat
*some lies lies*
Oh another lie. The Leader of Liars, who can't follow rules - not even the ones he himself promotes and publicly agrees to.

Disgraceful excuse for an elf. You are what we call a "dirty beard." Not just a neckbeard, but a dirty one.

WTS Manastone 300k or trade for 2 Fungus Tunics 8)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201113-123555_Discord.jpg (95.6 KB, 22 views)
Closed Thread