Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Stupid GMO food companies, developing food that can grow in arid regions and resist pests. You know who else wanted to feed people?

Hitler.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to think how you all do, mired down in details.

My thinking has evolved somewhat. Now I am much more in favor of the torch and pitchfork approach.

Fuck the details, just kill them all.

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan View Post
Merkk fizzles.
http://www.eccezan.com/
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Xenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bullshit, companies will take and keep all they can. You really think a company that has record breaking profits with the minimum amount of employees, most on contract with no benefits, is suddenly going to create more jobs and decide to run less efficient?
This is just foolish, especially your unfounded accusation that 'most' people that work for companies are on contract and don't have benefits. The rest of your rant makes complete sense, if you have no concept for how the world actually works. Companies don't hire people just to create jobs, they hire people to scale and expand the business. To help you catch up, if I hire more sales people, I can sell more. If I hire more factory workers, I can produce more. Hopefully you get the point.

Yes, they are responsible to keep all they can and operate efficiently but that is not the same thing as not hiring more people. When a company is unsure how an economy or economic policies are going to impact their business they will automatically become more conservative financially. Let me break this one down for you also. It I bring in $1M in profit this year and I want to grow my business, I can reinvest some of that money into the business by way of infrastructure, facilities, people, etc. If the government passes legislation that is going to take my profit from $1M to $250K I am not going to reinvest much, if any, since I still need to make a profit to be a viable company. Now if I don't have any form of realistic picture of what government policies are going to be coming down the road in the short term that may impact me, I am not going to reinvest any additional money until there is a sense of stability.

Also, just so you understand, YES, a company does make a profit and they should. Any company that doesn't turn a profit is either 1) a Non-Profit organization or 2) going out of business. It is not the primary purpose of a business to create jobs, but a successful and unimpeded business will create jobs as well as profit as it is a mutually beneficial situation.

You can say it is BS but I have met with 20+ small business owners that have said the EXACT same thing. They are holding onto cash right now because they don't know how Obamacare and other legislation is going to impact them. This is the reality even if it doesn't fit your perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Xenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I know is there is a lot of fucking BS going on here. It's naive to think everything is Honky Dorey and sum it up as "poor people are mad and I'm going to be rich". The 1% are getting richer and richer and paying less and less, everyone else is struggling to survive and get a piece of the American dream and getting less and less in return for their efforts.
You have no logical reasoning for correlation or causation. Yes, the poor are staying poor. Yes, the rich are getting richer. You submit that the poor are poor BECAUSE the rich are getting richer which is ridiculous. The economy is not a static number of dollars that are just slowly moving away from the poor and towards the wealthy. Apart from your unfounded bullshit you have shown nothing that says the rich guy getting richer negates the ability for the poor man to increase his station.

It's very easy to be envious and make a demon out of a rich person because they have money and you want money. To further that cause, you make outlandish statements and try to conjurer up the idea that all wealth is evil (unless you would have it). You hear some moron twist data and then repeat it like it is fact while having no actual notion for how shit really works. If you basis is youtube video's, you are already screwed.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
didn't read cuz you're a Tool.
sux it
Dredge, is this your 42nd forum account or 43rd?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Drop for a time? Your showing your youth here, people lost their retirements, coupled with loosing all the equity in their homes from the hosing crash equals a large segment of our population getting completely fucked, meanwhile you got the big business ethics supported by wall street where numbers is all that matters. Read a book about what happened at Enron. The stock market is up mostly because the 1%er's felt like playing with their money.
Yes, drop for a time. I'm showing my youth? Some people may have lost some of their retirement but really the market fully recovered in a 5 year span. This IS flux in the market. It was a tremendous flux at the time but if you left your money in the market, you have the same amount today (roughly) than you had in 2007. Not a lot of growth clearly but you didn't 'lose your retirement'. If you took your money out when the market crashed then you are a moron and shouldn't have invested to begin with.

Again, 'the stock market is mostly up because the 1%ers felt like playing with thier money'. Again, a fun statement but unfounded and no real data to support this other than if furthers your perceptions. Yes, the crash showed major problems in the financial sector, the housing market is not yet recovered, the jobs market is not yet recovered, but know what you are talking about before painting a picture of a poor old lady that was forced to work at walmart because her retirement was annihilated. It may have altered her plans, but if she was 5 years out from retirement she was likely shielded by much of the losses due to being diversified into less-volatile securities and assets.

Quote:
Across the United States more than 2,700 companies are collecting state income taxes from hundreds of thousands of workers - and are keeping the money with the states' approval, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Procter & Gamble, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors and AMC Theatres enjoy deals to keep state taxes deducted from their workers' paychecks. Foreign companies also enjoy such arrangements, including Electrolux, Nissan, Toyota and a host of Canadian, Japanese and European banks.
Idiot, this is not companies keeping your money that should go to the state as your originally said. Do you blame the company that they received tax advantages from the state for building somewhere or doing business somewhere? Do you think the state or municipality offered the tax advantage because the business being there offers tremendous benefit to the state or municipality by bringing tons of workers, income & sales tax, and local spending to the region? How can you not think past step 1 here? Try to understand the reason things are done and don't be so gullible from your stupid friends.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monsanto farming is just this generations cold fusion.
That doesn't make any sense because Monsanto's products actually work.

Of course if you want to believe there's some sinister conspiracy hiding the wonders of cold fusion from humanity.... well, that's your deal.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Large Bat

Stock market growth from 1980 to 2007 is 1400%. Which is also a bit under 400% after inflation. Strange how the people who's income is heavily from the stock market have grown at a similar rate to an overall stock index fund in the timeline you mentioned while the people that are not categorical investors have grown at a more modest rate.

If there is one thing your chart proves, it is that wealthy people are evil.

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Eat the rich.
Closed Thread