Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 03:28 PM
Kobold

The charm spells have long durations, if they wanted short duration charms why didn't they make the spells short duration?

Charm is pretty unreliable if you're not charming the right level mobs and type, and pretty risky if you're not handling charm breaks with quick GCDs stuns/mez/recharm/whatever. All the subtle game mechanics, and 20 years of gaming muscle memory we take for granted etc.

I mean classic is broken. A level 60 shaman is like designed by a 8 year old playing superhero. What if I get the power to have all the powers?
Old 05-10-2021, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... league of legends???

lose the edge and lift some weights
But I dont wanna I just got back from my daily walk. I will try harder at containing my snark, my apologies.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Well, on one hand, matches my memory; I think I tried charming once, had it fail miserably and delete a few hours of progress, then stuck to my summoned pet.

On the other hand, very high chance it is because I didn't know what I was doing. Definitely wasn't using the Color Flux line, and probably tried charming Dark Blues without any support or a plan on what to do if it broke other than try and mez both the things.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:20 PM
Banned

GCD clickies were an exploit confirmed they theatened to ban players for it )
Old 05-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, was the other way around. Remember having a single enchanter keeping 30 mobs in PoH simultaneously mezzed day in and day out.

It’s simple math, really. Why do larger schools football teams destroy smaller schools football teams?

When you had millions of people playing this game and COMPETING against one another, you end up with the best players in the world at the very top. You will never convince me that the top 5% of 2 million players who played this game during their prime, in an era where getting outperformed simply meant you lost are suddenly inferior to a bunch of disabled and unemployed grandpas playing the game 20 years later.

When I played a monk or rogue groups didn’t just invite you because they had a spot, there was usually 5-6 other monks/rogues looking for a group. I was notorious for stealing other groups pulls, which was legal. I pissed a lot of people off by doing this, and ironically one of the guys who cursed me out later asked me to join his group and even told his group that he thought I was an asshole, but he knew if I was in the group we would at least get plenty of mobs and that the other groups were being aggressive towards them. I was the type of rogue to literally follow you back to your group if you stole my pull and KS the mob from your entire group, and epic rogues could easily do this at the time.

The game was super aggressive and competitive and when you have millions of young, hardcore gamers you end up with the best players in the world at the very top. P99 community is far from the cream of the crop, and the best players wouldnt survive in real Everquest. They have a nervous meltdown over getting killed because they AFK at zone lines and die to trains.
by this logic the chinese should be the best at sports, they are not
Old 05-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
by this logic the chinese should be the best at sports, they are not
Not a good example. The average man in China is 5'5". The average American height is closer to 5'9". Not to mention that the Olympics mostly revolve around Westernized sports. I think even you would agree that there are significantly less Chinese citizens regularly practicing American Basketball, American wrestling, American Baseball, Shooting etc.

Just like there are significantly less Americans participating in competitive League of Legends or Overwatch, and thus, Americans get destroyed in these events as a result.

I used football specifically because it's a more narrow spectrum. Do you really think the reason large schools dominate small schools consistently throughout the entire nation is just a coincidence? Somehow bringing the olympics in as an analogy is just silly and weird. Especially when it involves mostly American sports that aren't even popular in Asia, and that greatly benefit taller players, something Asians are lacking.

Always felt that way about sports too, and that's why scholarships for sports are immoral. A black kid deserves to go to college because he was born tall, but not if he was born short. Where is the logic here? It's old and antiquated.

And yes, the top EQ players of 2001 are leagues above the top EQ players on P99. It's a weird comparison. As someone who played WoW 17 years ago and WoW today, despite putting siginificantly less effort into the game in 2020, I got gear I only dreamed of getting 17 years ago. And it's not because I got better at the game. I put so much more effort in 17 years ago and it showed.

You're delusional, old man.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

I charmed killed in Luclin expansion, outdoors, without AAs.
OP is dum.

Charming is much easier on P99 tho.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

This will end like every enchanter thread where enchanters say that everyone in classic was brain damaged and could only press auto attack
Old 05-10-2021, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will end like every enchanter thread where enchanters say that everyone in classic was brain damaged and could only press auto attack
I know more math than descartes

knowledge is power
Old 05-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

my enchanter on vz was bound outside seb for quite a while and i'd regularly charm solo my naked ass down to abc or disco while waiting on a rez

this was during kunark

hope this helps
Closed Thread