Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Controller would suit this game's action combat quite well I think. I'm pretty much exclusively a keyboard and mouse MMO player, but I'd consider buying a controller for this.
https://twitter.com/TrashHeap64/stat...49185773936644

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that will work in it's favor overall because you are much more likely to fire it up on the sofa, use modern matchmaking and voice chat and play a few hours than to fire up PC and sit down to play without tabbing out every few minutes to shitpost.
https://bhagpuss.blogspot.com/2019/0...everquest.html

Quote:
"I find that playing on console ... There are fewer distractions and I tend to play for longer sessions which also helps with immersion...

On the PC I’m constantly distracting myself with FOMO around Twitter or Discord. I run with 2 monitors and always have social media up on monitor two and constantly scan it. Because of this I just don’t “sink in” to a game quite as much; my attention is always divided."
Old 08-31-2021, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Holy shit the pvp for this game looks fun. 1v1 looks great and group pvp omg all the arrows flying.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:59 AM
Banned

they are gonna brain scan u all for the next segment of automation when u r near death and in the camps and new world is a stepping stone to train u all into really functional neural nets for the farms

FYI
Old 08-31-2021, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they are gonna brain scan u all for the next segment of automation when u r near death and in the camps and new world is a stepping stone to train u all into really functional neural nets for the farms

FYI

Seek help.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man, I would never play EQ on a console. Too much going on with 8 available spells, and text input. New world has 3 combat abilities. Action combat dodge rolls and stuff would work really smoothly as well on a controller. I'd likely also want to use a keyboard together with it for group chat.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit the pvp for this game looks fun. 1v1 looks great and group pvp omg all the arrows flying.
I look forward to diving into the pvp end of things at launch. I did very little in the closed beta.

There is no level range for PvP, so a level 20 can get attacked by a level 40, but there is gear/level scaling, so while the higher level will have better passives from effects on gear and higher weapon proficiency, it's possible to take down someone 20-30 levels over you if you outplay them pretty hard. I kinda like this approach as it opens up a lot more pvp opportunities instead of seeing flagged people all over the place that you aren't allowed to fight since they are 5 levels above or below you.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man, I would never play EQ on a console. Too much going on with 8 available spells, and text input. New world has 3 combat abilities. Action combat dodge rolls and stuff would work really smoothly as well on a controller. I'd likely also want to use a keyboard together with it for group chat.
EQOA wasn't really like EQ, it was streamlined for the console and was kinda like cruise control. It was still a pretty fun game though despite what some of the hardcore EQ hipsters might tell you, but they tend to only like EQ and no other games at all lol. A keyboard was definitely required.

I would of stuck with it but I ended up getting into FF11 when it launched and couldn't really justify a sub because I was already juggling a main in EQ at the time.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seek help.
u've already been brainscanned

definatly a new world npc
Old 09-02-2021, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQOA wasn't really like EQ, it was streamlined for the console and was kinda like cruise control. It was still a pretty fun game though despite what some of the hardcore EQ hipsters might tell you, but they tend to only like EQ and no other games at all lol. A keyboard was definitely required.

I would of stuck with it but I ended up getting into FF11 when it launched and couldn't really justify a sub because I was already juggling a main in EQ at the time.
Huh, interesting. I had never even looked into it. Didn't realize it was so different.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Huh, interesting. I had never even looked into it. Didn't realize it was so different.

Giving this unironic praise is like watching the decline of
[H]ardforum as they began fellating console products.

Remember, MS got into the console market because they
feared the Sony PS2 would "kill PC gaming". How ironic it
is when they removed all the 'PC' from the products anyway.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-02-2021 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: oh no my shoes! *vomits*
Closed Thread