Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actual good advice from someone who isn't a fucking retard:

main hand 1-2k: any 13dmg main hand. dragonbone shard, crystaline spear etc. delay does not matter. stats do not matter. the only thing that matters in 6 man groups is your backstab damage. fights below 50 do not last long enough for auto attack damage to have any meaningful impact. i don't know blue prices but thats my guess

off hand ??k: whatever cheap garbage. your off hand won't do anything until higher levels. if you hit level 50+ and don't at least have a css by then, buy a seb dirk or something. below 50 your offhand dps will have no meaningful impact considering the short length of encounters. i don't know blue prices, just go to the wiki and find something with a good ratio and no proc in your price range.

don't waste plat on proc gimmicks, avatar and slow are cool to have but don't worry about +5 str

the rest: save up for epic MQ
That's kind of what i ended up doing, velium swiftblade in offhand (awful offhand damage) but gives 36% haste and frozen shard for the 13 damage BS.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actual good advice from someone who isn't a fucking retard
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

who is supposed to be giving that advice? xaanka is obviously precluded by his own requirements
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

oh yeah haste is always good, i didn't think about that because I have a pile of RBB's. most fights pre 50 aren't going to last long enough for more than 2 or 3 backstabs but hey it helps. that setup should take you to 46 easily, after which point get an epic sell both weapons and buy a decent pre raid offhand and a haste belt with the plat (skyshrine trash sword, seb dirk etc it all depends on blue economy which i don't know)
a couple hate raids should fill your gear slots out 46-60, and at 60 the only gear you should care about is velious raid gear.
Last edited by Xaanka; 11-21-2016 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
oh yeah haste is always good, i didn't think about that because I'm a retard
FTFY
Old 11-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

sorry i just can't remember the last time i had to think about buying a haste item because i'm so good at EQ
Old 12-03-2016, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone know how much agro the Frozen Shard proc generates?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

Shadow Rager for your offhand. 8/18 10str with a 25 str and 30 to 50 rune proc. 1.5kish and has a neat velious dagger graphic. 35 str is bang for your buck.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Rager

Oh, and I happen to have one if you need it.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadow Rager for your offhand. 8/18 10str with a 25 str and 30 to 50 rune proc. 1.5kish and has a neat velious dagger graphic. 35 str is bang for your buck.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Rager

Oh, and I happen to have one if you need it.
That's actually going to be a lot of aggro. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a decent tank/healer in your group.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a great ratio either. BIS looks though.
Closed Thread