Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always carried rubies (for mallets mainly) but a ruby was always a good port tip imo
When you coming home. We miss you.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, if I'm at say the OT ramp, and there's a Dial porter standing next to an untagged porter, I will usually ask the untagged porter for a ride probably 9/10 times. Unless their name is hard to type. That's a real deal breaker.
Any druid in DaP that has been porting for a while knows you make more play /anon at SF than having your tag up, at least during peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always carried rubies (for mallets mainly) but a ruby was always a good port tip imo

Ported you once to Lavastorm, you ran off without paying, I assume there were precious pixels to be had.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Kobold

The way I look at it is its money for their time. When I'm playing my necro I hit then with a twitch and 40p. When I play my Enchanter I hit them with clarity and 40p. I don't ever have complex ports and I'm always waiting and the ring. I think 40 Plat for 1 or 2 spell casts is acceptable, especially when I limit their downtime with either twitch or C
Old 03-01-2018, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

7 page thread on if gems are okay for tipping

seek help
Old 03-01-2018, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having Dial around is awesome. It's a way for people to make some extra plat if they want and provides an easy way of getting around when you need it.

That being said, if I'm at say the OT ramp, and there's a Dial porter standing next to an untagged porter, I will usually ask the untagged porter for a ride probably 9/10 times. Unless their name is hard to type. That's a real deal breaker.
C-man, /ttell

For the win. Thats your everquest tip for the evening brother. Miss you guys!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only tip about 25pp for a port...but i generally tell other people that I give about 50pp.

My thinking is that even though I only give 25 I'm encouraging others to give more, which some of them probably do due to my lie. As a result, I'm actually (in the end) contributing much more plat to the porters than if I actually donated more myself.

Its a win-win for me and the porters. Feel free to send thank you messages to me by PM.
The funny thing is, even though it is entirely classic, "tipping" and "donating" are total bullshit terms here. You either pay for a service or not. In your case, apparently, you pay cheaply. Or, you are trolling. Either way, pay more and don't be a cheap cheapass.

Donating, tipping, using apostrophes incorrectly (solo'ed, etc.)....gahhhh.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

I like tipping around 50-60 plat for ports.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

I ask what item the port bot is saving for and pay the outstanding balance.

Many a Druid has had their lumni staff financed by me and any who tips less should be ashamed.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:36 AM
Orc

Dial-A-Port should change its name to something cool, like The Nexus.

And stop talking about "rides". You're teleporting, have some self respect!

And WIZARDS ONLY

But seriously on the first and second

and third

Druid guild could be called Joe Cabbie's Tornado Express or something about Cats, Plats, and Friendly Humble Cabbies Out Of Your Local Norrathian Phonebook
Old 03-01-2018, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing is, even though it is entirely classic, "tipping" and "donating" are total bullshit terms here. You either pay for a service or not. In your case, apparently, you pay cheaply. Or, you are trolling. Either way, pay more and don't be a cheap cheapass.

Donating, tipping, using apostrophes incorrectly (solo'ed, etc.)....gahhhh.
How am I a troll? I pay what I think is fair for somebody to push a button for me when there are several other folks willing to do the same thing.

You hit the nail on the head: if you want a certain price to be willing and able to supply a service then you have to ASK for the price. Not getting your desired price and then making a passive-aggressive comment either face to face in-game or on the forums afterwards is nothing more than a passive-aggressive babyish nonsense.

How dare I pay what I am willing and able to pay! Just advertise a price and let the market decide what your time is really worth to hit a port button. Or don't whine when you feel short changed and expect people to actually feel sympathy for your situation.
Closed Thread