Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's just as much evidence for it as for your claim
other than an ex-guide saying there was, i mean
Keep digging that hole
Old 05-03-2019, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep digging that hole
gladly. maybe when you stop raiding you'll a chance at one.

bitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2019, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep digging that hole
So you're saying we should rotate Master Yael?
Old 05-03-2019, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

I seem to remember on my server in Velious there were two guilds capable of doing NToV and they rotated. So basically every other week one was in ToV and the other took first broods and sleepers spawns and shit, with stuff like Kael/Dain on a first to arrive in force system.

This is barring server resets but I assume rotation of NToV happened then too. They weren't in there leapfrogging each other. I think if you wanted a shot at getting in on NToV you needed to mobilize there first in force and prove you could crawl to and kill Eashen, but no one outside the top two ever made the cut.

Other servers were more competitive than that and others still were less so with only one guild or nobody being capable of full clears/sleepers. I'm sure some of the bigger servers were more toxic. So P99 is basically one of the big toxic servers except you have six plus years of Kunark and three of Velious with nothing but time for every guild to park 60 alts and farm epics and gear, so even if you want to argue non-classic...so what, neither are FTE messages anything else about this clusterfuck.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Actual Evidence! (Of ToV not being rotated) on at least one server:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010405.../lanyscalendar

This is server forum calendar from Lanys, circa 2001. This is where raids could be planned and reserved, and it was respected and enforced by the server.

If you look carefully, you'll notice there isn't a single post-Kunark mob on the list. Trakanon is the highest level mob considered reservable, and even then that was controversial. There was an infamous "Trakanon is FFA" thread that had bloody flame war raging on the forum for months.
Closed Thread