Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This raises a good question. What does a Druid do in VP?
"sow plz"
Old 10-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This raises a good question. What does a Druid do in VP?
PoTG and look really really cool.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoTG and look really really cool.
The inability to HB and the short duration of the fights makes me say no thanks to PoTG.

SoW is ok. But I have Shadowknight friends for that (SoW Sword FTW).
Old 10-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I am confused that most of the responses are for casters. Melee classes benefit in every situation with BiS gear whether its raid group or solo.

Most casters get minimal benefit on raids with BiS gear and really only notice the value of their BiS gear when soloing at the very boundaries of what they can do, by allowing them to live through a situation where they otherwise might die (like druids soloing 22 while my shitty geared shaman is laughing and soloing it with ease).

Give my rogue BIS and my dps will go up probably 20% or more. That is a pretty big deal since that is his one and only job.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Potg kinda useless in there tho longest fight I've had and won was 90sec hosh, and that's a super long one. Look really cool I agree.
PoTG is for all that recovery mana regeneration after wipes when every single person needs cleric buffs again and there's only 2 clerics because no one wants to park or bring their cleric to VP.

You then click off POTG right before the fight and use HB.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give my rogue BIS and my dps will go up probably 20% or more. That is a pretty big deal since that is his one and only job.
Rogues deal damage with or without BIS gear, so with acquiring BIS gear it doesn't really change what they do or capable of doing, they just become slightly more efficient.

There's a big difference in gear making your class slightly more efficient and gear allowing your class to take on encounters it couldn't previously consider.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues deal damage with or without BIS gear, so with acquiring BIS gear it doesn't really change what they do or capable of doing, they just become slightly more efficient.

There's a big difference in gear making your class slightly more efficient and gear allowing your class to take on encounters it couldn't previously consider.
What'd Stab-bot-ani end up with? Still using Hsagra?
Old 10-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What'd Stab-bot-ani end up with? Still using Hsagra?
Dozer dagger and Ragebringer
Old 10-19-2018, 07:47 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a class doing the class job in purely 1+1=2 sense... Monk by far. The way mend scales with gear is fairly broken. Warriors are a very close 2nd however. Nothing scales like warrior/monk mitigation thanks to broken lack of AC softcap here.
My favorite post that I read here so far but there are some very good ones from other authors too. I think pickup style groups will generally notice the added power of a BiS equipped toon the most when that class is tanking or perhaps doing very difficult or pummeling pulls on a regular basis. I suppose a monk could be a good group tank here on P99 with high aggro proc weapons? The defense of monks is apparently a much different story on TakP server.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread