Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on live GCD reset all your gems not just the top

'gasp'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opZFThy95w

watch his jboots refresh them allllllll
It does that on p99, too? The thing that is special about the first slot is that you can reset the cooldown after the spell has just been memorized (to a degree, there is still a hard cooldown after mem'ing the spell I believe, but it's still shorter than the normal cooldown that you would have to wait for after mem'ing the spell). I only skimmed the video you posted, but didn't see him mem'ing any spells.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does that on p99, too? The thing that is special about the first slot is that you can reset the cooldown after the spell has just been memorized (to a degree, there is still a hard cooldown after mem'ing the spell I believe, but it's still shorter than the normal cooldown that you would have to wait for after mem'ing the spell). I only skimmed the video you posted, but didn't see him mem'ing any spells.
On P99 it only resets the single top slot, classically it should reset them ALL.

Watch when he clicks his jboots.

I think if the spell casting time is 10 second or longer you can memorize that spell GCD then instantly cast it but I could be wrong on the length of the spell required to cast immediately after memorization. Granted this will not work on long recast spells like Harvest, its only to bypass the normal cool down.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Old 05-11-2021, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On P99 it only resets the single top slot, classically it should reset them ALL.

Watch when he clicks his jboots.

I think if the spell casting time is 10 second or longer you can memorize that spell GCD then instantly cast it but I could be wrong on the length of the spell required to cast immediately after memorization. Granted this will not work on long recast spells like Harvest, its only to bypass the normal cool down.
I'm fairly certain clickies reset the GCD for all spell slots. I don't know why you're so confidently saying it only resets the first spell slot. I haven't played for like a month now, but I've gotten an enchanter up to 52 on green and I used the clicky reset to cast chain multiple, different spells back to back (e.g. color flux --> mez --> tash --> charm).

Resetting the cooldown after memorizing a spell is different. In this case you only get the first slot affected. I only remember trying it with a nuke and I know that if I mem the nuke, GCD clicky immediately, and then immediately try to cast it, it will go through the casting time and animation, but once the cast time is done the spell won't actually occur. However, if I mem the spell, clicky immediately, then wait like 2 or 3 seconds, then the spell will succesfully cast.
Last edited by TripSin; 05-11-2021 at 10:33 PM..
Old 05-11-2021, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And again ... what does this have to do with Druids? Druids don't need Cha gear, or -MR gear: why wasn't every Druid in live charming their way to 60?

Option #1: They were all idiots
Option #2: Their internet connections sucked
Option #3: Charming was harder on live, mechanically
One other thing to consider is the live TLP servers. I haven’t played on these much but I’ve followed their forums quite a bit. From everything I’ve read on forums and TLP class guides, enchanters are able to charm there just as effectively as P99 in these expansions

The most powerful duo according to P99 forums? Enc+Clr. The most powerful duo according to TLP forums? Enc+Clr. The strat? Charm your way to lev 60. TLP makes no mention of “unlike P99 charm breaks are very frequent here” that I’ve ever read. The only big negative in regards to charm on the TLP is that eventually it is nerfed to where a charmed mob is -x% powerful as it would be non-charmed, I just forget what X was (20% less maybe?) in some future expansion

This is just going off what I’ve read, if anyone has played an enchanter on TLP to 60 during the classic-velious era they would be the one to ask
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-11-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-11-2021, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fairly certain clickies reset the GCD for all spell slots. I don't know why you're so confidently saying it only resets the first spell slot. I haven't played for like a month now, but I've gotten an enchanter up to 52 on green and I used the clicky reset to cast chain multiple, different spells back to back (e.g. color flux --> mez --> tash --> charm).

Resetting the cooldown after memorizing a spell is different. In this case you only get the first slot affected. I only remember trying it with a nuke and I know that if I mem the nuke, GCD clicky immediately, and then immediately try to cast it, it will go through the casting time and animation, but once the cast time is done the spell won't actually occur. However, if I mem the spell, clicky immediately, then wait like 2 or 3 seconds, then the spell will succesfully cast.
On P99 it only resets the top slot.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
On P99 it only resets the top slot.
You are wrong. Really dumb thing to be stubbornly wrong on. But some of you people on this forum really never cease to amaze me with the depths a human can reach.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In WoW classic, where Blizzard has the exact rules in place that existed in vanilla, people are doing this: https://youtu.be/XT8iVQHVfQo?t=1380

Were mages soloing entire dungeons during the vanilla era? No, nobody was doing that. Now think about how the same amount of scrutiny and optimizing has happened to EQ.

Could the formulas for P99 be different or more lenient than the OG servers? Of course. But you are ignoring a huge part of the equation here. People who played from launch to Luclin had a little over 2.5 years to play and figure things out. There were no videos and the only information available was the item database on Allakhazam and hearsay from other players on forums.

During that time, how many people do you think got enchanters to a high enough level, with enough CHA gear to really give charming a good shot? Keep in mind, this would almost certainly be without GCD reset items, which are a HUGE boost to charming. You can't even re-cast charm after a stun without a GCD reset item. Even on P99, I'm not sure how much I would enjoy charming without those items. I'm willing to bet a lot of enchanters tried out charm when they first got it, found out it sucked (which it still does on P99 when you first get it), and never bothered with it again. Over 2.5 years time, with a lot of those people starting well after launch, and fucking around with alts and just trying to figure everything out, it's no wonder you didn't see everyone charming all the time.

Even simpler stuff people got wrong all the time. How many people during the classic era thought DEX was more important than STR for rogues? How many people thought monks need lots of AGI?

Your argument isn't nearly as strong as you think. The stuff enchanters pull off now with charm is on the same level as the stuff people are doing now in WoW classic.
I beg to differ. There always have been and always will be players exploiting patching bugs to farm gold or AAs or whatever items or currency they're interested in. But I don't think they wiere/ would be stupid enough to advertise their doing so on internet forums. Would you?

I played with Charm during LDoN when mages were given the opportunity to to charm elementals with a spell (Arch Mage's call or something). That felt great to have a big ass pet hitting like a truck. Too bad it was unreliable AF and we did not have the tools to handle a pet break and it generally meant dead mage when it happened.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:55 AM
Planar Protector

It seems to reset all slots on the client, but only first slot will actually be reset server-side.

You will get the "spell recast time not met" message on other slots when the spell casting completes.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to reset all slots on the client, but only first slot will actually be reset server-side.

You will get the "spell recast time not met" message on other slots when the spell casting completes.
No, what? This is wild. Clicking an instant-cast clicky resets the global cool down for all gems, allowing you to immediately begin casting a spell.

Some spells have cool downs longer than the global one, so if you cast one of those and click, you can’t immediately cast *that specific spell* until it’s cool down is up.

But really: root (click) dot (click) dot (click) is a successful and not-at-all obscure sequence for Shammies/necros. And the dots cast!
Closed Thread