Rampage 85 19.68%
Forsaken 3 0.69%
other 65 15.05%
Voters: 432. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB wasn't on the verge of disbanding before Rampage you dummy. We were still getting most FTEs, but had issues with numbers sometimes.
Yes they were Gimp. And no you weren't as far as FTE's. The audio I linked above demonstrates that during their merger meeting.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

IB without a doubt, and I've been in most of the guilds on that list. TMO dominated stale Kunark content for a couple years, but look at who won when content was new. IB in classic, TR (IB and a few darkwind) in Kunark, and Rampage (IB and Ateam) in velious. How is this even a question? TMO was wiping to Gore with 70+ when IB was getting server firsts. Whatever DA was calling themselves during late PoSky era has a better claim than TMO, they at least had a server first major kill that wasnt handed to them by GMs, and legitimately out played IB on new content at times.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getsome was gone when they had that meeting Detoxx... This was the funny audio made from snippets from that meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPS9-y43oo
That's not even getsome that's bdk and the shaman is lofted lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not even getsome that's bdk and the shaman is lofted lol.
I know. I just used stock images when I made that video. Getsome had been gone awhile.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB without a doubt, and I've been in most of the guilds on that list. TMO dominated stale Kunark content for a couple years, but look at who won when content was new. IB in classic, TR (IB and a few darkwind) in Kunark, and Rampage (IB and Ateam) in velious. How is this even a question? TMO was wiping to Gore with 70+ when IB was getting server firsts. Whatever DA was calling themselves during late PoSky era has a better claim than TMO, they at least had a server first major kill that wasnt handed to them by GMs, and legitimately out played IB on new content at times.
But the question isn't who was the most skillful or best. It's who dominated the most. IB as an organization was always strongly skilled across the board. However, TMO, had undeniably deeper resources over a much longer time and they were far more resilient to outside attrition. But, TMO's skill was mostly held in the hands of 25ish people and the rest were less involved. IB went for high selectivity so that every man could pull his weight X2, but they needed that individual strength because the pool of qualified people was so small. TMO had a lot of people that were also highly skilled, but they decided to go for a deeper resource pool with less selectivity to resist attrition better.

P99 has always been a meat grinder at the high end. TMO played a better metagame strategy here, in my opinion. I'm not downplaying anyone's skill or commitment; I simply think that one strategy was a better choice given the environment, thus TMO is the answer to the question asked. Unlike the question of who is the greatest of all time, I think this one is somewhat more answerable objectively.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uncontested raiding with 485 server population doesnt count, so lets keep it in the last 3 years.
Also, not sure how someone with a 2014 join date can comment on the competitiveness of the server in classic. DA vs IB was probably the most competitive time this server has seen, and before that Transcendece kept it interesting. At one point in classic there were 7 guilds all competing for raid mobs, IB just happened to win most of the time.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See graph <3 Swarws
Old 07-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, not sure how someone with a 2014 join date can comment on the competitiveness of the server in classic. DA vs IB was probably the most competitive time this server has seen, and before that Transcendece kept it interesting. At one point in classic there were 7 guilds all competing for raid mobs, IB just happened to win most of the time.
Just a grossly false statement. Nothing was more competitive than IB vs TMO in the VP FTE days. That is just a fact. TMO before those days were a good guild. However, they also had the benefit of being able to train with the larger raid force in VP to keep competition at bay. The other guilds weren't on equal footing with them because of the time they had for uncontested mobs. A great guild yes. But they really didn't have an equal raid force contesting them for much of that time. So we will never know if they could have matched up without that training ability in place.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a grossly false statement. Nothing was more competitive than IB vs TMO in the VP FTE days. That is just a fact. TMO before those days were a good guild. However, they also had the benefit of being able to train with the larger raid force in VP to keep competition at bay. The other guilds weren't on equal footing with them because of the time they had for uncontested mobs. A great guild yes. But they really didn't have an equal raid force contesting them for much of that time. So we will never know if they could have matched up without that training ability in place.
Were you around for DA vs IB? Because your join date indicates you weren't. DA got competitive around april/may of 2010, a full year before your join date. Not sure how you can compare two time periods when you didn't experience one of them.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks Signal. I'd have never found that lol