Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:35 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

nobody actually plays a cleric theres an app for that
Old 06-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Banned

is it not enough to be unkillable and one of the most valuable classes in the game anyway
Old 06-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Banned

playing everquest for a scoreboard is where you went wrong
Old 06-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody plays a cleric ANYMORE. In order to do anything in pvp you have to carry an inordinate amount of debuff items and still get lucky to defend yourself. Thanks magic nerf.
another thing thats been thrown in the staffs face repeatedly by credible community members with nothing done.

Clerics always landed partials on their nuke. Always. There was no all-or-nothing with clerics on Live unless it hit a flat-out resist chance which was 5% of the time.

114, 257, 338, 198, 239 is what a string of nukes against a fully geared and MR buffed player might look like. Very RNG. Retribution would RNG between some very low numbers, with occasional pops to 300's.

Stuns were on a seperate all-or-nothing check and easily resisted. Nuke never was. Shit is not classic here but if Nirgon couldn't get anything done nobody can. Every member would have to scream the same message REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the next year and maybe nilbog would post that he was "taking a look at it, but please provide some evidence of this?" How about the memory of anyone who ever played classic EQ???

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 06-13-2017 at 05:02 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Banned

I do not recommend getting involved with trying to weaponize the kind of autism that pushing legislation like this requires.

Clerics are VERY POWERFUL in PvP in the right hands. Mass PvP can be completely changed in outcome by a good res station or having one camped out before fighting over a spawn.

I don't see any real complaints from the actual top clerics in PvP here.
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-14-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Kobold

I rolled a cleric as a main for the pve implications. I never expected to be a pvp god, and I'm not disappointed to not be one.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My kids are making master builder castles on Minecraft.

Slathars kids are dying of old age in his virgin balls.
Lol g1
Old 06-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not recommend getting involved with trying to weaponize the kind of autism that pushing legislation like this requires.

Clerics are VERY POWERFUL in PvP in the right hands. Mass PvP can be completely changed in outcome by a good res station or having one camped out before fighting over a spawn.

I don't see any real complaints from the actual top clerics in PvP here.
We get some pretty cool spells between 50-60 that we cannot use in PvP at all because they just don't stick with any kind of reliability, which makes them a wasted spell gem. The Unspoken Word, Stun Command, Enforced Reverence, for example. Have not tried using Karn in PvP, but I could see it having some good tactical use if it stuck.

I find myself loading nukes, stuns, or blinds when I happen upon someone who's naked or extremely debuffed in a many vs 1 situation.

It would be nice to be able to use some of our offensive abilities other than pell in PvP with some degree of reliability.

There has barely been any PvP on Red in the past month, unfortunately.

I am not claiming to be one of the top clerics in PvP. I do OK, but I don't think I'm an exceptional player. I've only been playing this game for about a year, anyways.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Used to be great fun dropping a 200 dd and regular stuns on cunts