Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Cool You have one screenshot to use to convince someone to play P99. What do you use?

no trolls in this thread, please
Old 08-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

I think I'd write a text about the awesomeness of Everquest and make a screenshot of that text, because I feel like a screenshot is the the worst idea to convince someone of a 19 year old game.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:59 AM
Kobold

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I'd write a text about the awesomeness of Everquest and make a screenshot of that text, because I feel like a screenshot is the the worst idea to convince someone of a 19 year old game.
that's not true classic eq is objectively beautiful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2018, 09:15 AM
Aviak

I'm not sure a screenshot of anything would convey the experience of classic EQ.

A picture of your dead and naked corpse, with the killing blow/you have died message.
In the same frame, your (other) corpse that has your loot you were trying to get back to.
Let's jam 2 or 3 giant ass skeleton dragons standing/camping the corpses too, for good measure.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Kobold

I would take a screenshot of a train in Unrest or Karnor's, with a group of people running away. Or a screenshot of a raid of Nagafen, because OG red dragon is best dragon.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be a picture of Oasis, the beaches over looking the dock and the specter island in the back with croc camps on the left and orc highway to the right. Gypsey camps visible. I would then explain to them how the tower was a great camp for higher levels. How the dock was a gateway to another world. I would explain each facet of that single picture and then explain to them that this was just a low level zone with a pocket of high level creatures. Hopefully get cazel and some SGs in there and explain that danger.
i like this idea oasis is a wonderful place. good times at croc 1.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would take a screenshot of a train in Unrest or Karnor's, with a group of people running away. Or a screenshot of a raid of Nagafen, because OG red dragon is best dragon.
anyone got any good screenshots of trains? lol

guess you wouldn't have to stick around kc too long to get one
Old 08-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Zoom of handsome ogre face.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

After trying to ruin the game here, here's my serious suggestion:

I'd position myself in EC between Orc 1 and the desert. The screenshot would be taken by a dark elf. It would be night, the light at the druid pillar in the background ahead, a few wisps and the bonfire at orc 1 to the right being the only real sources of light. Of course, the warm purple of the dark elf ultravision would not be needing any sources of artificial light to recognize everything.

There would be a giant spider, a lion and a young kodiak passing by in silence. From right to left, a group of lowbies would be running from Orc 1 to the Inn, chased by a griffin. A dwarf, a dark elf, a wood elf and an ogre would be running in front, surrounded by the wood elf's songs' magical notes. At the rear would be a barbarian in chain mail, who was just too slow to get in range of selo's and is just being hit by the griffin, the screenshot capturing him in that weird "a barbarian is hit by melee while running" posture. But the barbarian wouldn't be the first to be hit, indicated by a dead scimitar and buckler wearing halfling named "Snigglebumper's corpse" below the Griffin.

On the left side of the picture, you would be able to see the guardian angel and saviour making his way along the little trail from Inn 2 to Inn 1: Sergeant Jeremy Gordon Slate, who just in this second happens to slay a decaying skeleton. Although you couldn't it, you would know that the dark elf and the ogre were currently deciding whether they want to die to he winged lion eagle behind them or be smashed for 123 damage by the fierce soldier of Freeport ahead.

The chat window would show a couple of auctions, a level 11 druid looking for a group as well as several "yelling for help" from the group ahead of us.

This picture would offer so much story potential and things that are cool about eq to tell my friend. At the end of my monologue I could tell him "And now imagine, that you could be part of this story around level 8 already". And I would be crying, remembering all these great times in EC, and my friend would be like "lol wtf minecraft has better graphics, you're an idiot."
Last edited by Yasi; 08-31-2018 at 10:50 AM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Why would you want to convince someone to play on here?
Closed Thread