Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 12:09 AM
Banned

Default EQ gave me a compacted ulnar nerve

P99 was so freaking awesome when I started playing last month that I tunnel-visioned it, the same mistake I made when I started up classic WoW. I was playing at least 8-10 hours on my off days. I was leaning back in my computer chair with my arm propped on the arm rest, and I started to notice my hand aching and going numb. After one bing-y weekend the next day I had pins and needles shooting all down the left side of my hand

I should’ve taken a break but of course I didn’t. Now the left side of my left hand including the pinky and ring finger is completely numb, I could leave it on a stove and not notice. My hand is also gimpy, I can’t even work a toenail clipper it’s so weak. I tried to employ the same strategy I do with every other medical or other problem in my which is to ignore it and hope it goes away. It’s been 3 weeks now and it’s stayed completely the same. I read online and some places say stretch it and other say stretching it will F it up worse. And I wasn’t even playing a freaking Bard!

So now I have an appointment with a sports medicine hand doctor on Friday, who I’m just going to piss when I decline his recommendation to do physical therapy (can’t get the time off work), and certainly I ain’t doing surgery. If there’s not a pill or shot they can give me then I’m leaving there disappointed. I’m very fit; I won my work’s fundraiser 5k race this past November with a 23:00 min finish time. But now I have to go in and tell a sports medicine doctor that I injured my arm obsessively playing a 20 year old elf simulator... Sucks, man
Old 02-23-2021, 12:20 AM
Banned

Moral of my story is take breaks and your posture is important! I may have a dead hand for a long time...
Old 02-23-2021, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Never had this problem. Holding my cellphone up and typing with one finger is quite painful tho.

You've my condolences. Pain sucks. It's one reason I don't really play as much. Just a lot of effort in general.

Eat healthy. Try anti inflammation diet. Try yoga or stretching. U can even just focus on stretching a single finger.

Try massage some were else to "close the gate".

Good luck and hope it isn't chronic forever.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Do the stretches. Much of what the P/T will tell you to do or work with you can be googled, they would give you stuff to do with it at home too anyway. Some stuff at the P/T office will be better but mostly you can work it yourself.

And the harder and probably more important part is cut your mouse time while rehabbing it. Maybe look into changing up your position/posture for the future.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Follow P/T steps like Fammaden suggested (via google) and do stretches. They help a ton. I had carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve release surgery when I was 20. I still keep up the stretching routine 16 years later, and it’s helped a lot. I even stretch out the side I didn’t have surgery on. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

You're such a pussy dude just keep ignoring it
Old 02-23-2021, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Hey LulzSect what do you do when your hand goes numb from being a worthless bald fat fuck? Maybe you can help OP.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-23-2021, 02:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey LulzSect what do you do when your hand goes numb from being a worthless bald fat fuck? Maybe you can help OP.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2021, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Just break it with a heavy brick. See if it reheals better.

This is not medical advice.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:59 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread