Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Skyshrine Loot Table Borked

In under two weeks of dedicated farming of SS cubes and fedars, I have gotten 7 items, which is about right. (SS loot rate is abysmally low)

The problem is of the 7 items, 6 have been walrusbone shields. I got a miraculously bad 3 in the span of 4 hours. This can't just be bad luck, can it? I powerfarmed this exact same location about two years ago and experienced a similar very low drop rate but I received a bunch of items from the long loot table.

[Sun Mar 28 15:47:41 2021] --You have looted a Walrusbone Shield.--
[Sat Apr 03 09:41:10 2021] --You have looted a Walrusbone Shield.--
[Sun Apr 04 09:10:49 2021] You say out of character, 'Walrusbone Shield rot small cubes 7 minutes'
[Sun Apr 04 09:33:03 2021] You say out of character, 'Walrusbone Shield rot tiny fedars 7min'
[Sun Apr 04 13:01:39 2021] You say out of character, 'Walrusbone Shield rot cubes 7 min'
[Wed Apr 07 19:54:50 2021] --You have looted a Walrusbone Shield.--
Old 04-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Did you beat your old personal best of ... what was it? 90 some kills without loot yet?

Welcome back to skyshrine! I hope your luck changes around. Loot comes and goes up there!

Sarleon#8503
Old 04-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

If you include the shields, I'm getting pretty good loot/kill ratio, if you don't include this insanity then I'm on one of the worst streaks in the history of everquest
Old 04-08-2021, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Poor guy! Yeah some weeks turn out nothing there. The cubes commonly drop the Walrusbone Shields for me so I don't do them anymore. Oct Velic had some pretty good drops though.

I hope your Skyshrine luck turns around! Bad RNG comes and go, just as well as good RNG.

Sarleon#8503
Old 04-09-2021, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

There seems to be at least 2 sets of items.

1) Brightwood Spear, Walrus Bone Shield, Tiny Coin Purse
2) Everything else.

From killing 500+ "a shambling cube" I've seen many from set 1 and exactly ONE drop from set 2 (Totem of Distraction). I've seen a wyvern that I watched spawn drop a Wyvern Claw (Set 2) and a tiny coin purse at the same time. From what I can tell the lower lvl cubes suck for farming, they vary in level and it's possible depending on level they may or may not drop items from set 2.

Independent from the above example, there seems to be some obviously more rare items like Wurm Lord Shawl, Wyvern Hide Tunic, and the Int/Wisdom earrings, that despite killing 3000-4000 wyverns I can't tell if they are on a separate set of items (such that they do their own roll chance to drop, and could drop at the same time as other items) or that when you roll for an item from set 2 it just has a rarer chance of being selected.

TLDR - Green con "a shambling cube" that spawn prior to maze seem like mostly a waste of time to farm. I've been told by a guildie they got a Wurm lord Shawl from them, I can only assume they killed a high green con or blue con one at 60 and got super lucky, I am not convinced that all green con "A shambling cube" can even drop items like Wurm Lord Shawl, from what I can tell there may be a level requirement for a Skyshrine mob to drop said items, and the "a shambling cube" can spawn low enough lvl to not even have a chance at dropping them.

Link for reference of level variance - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5575

Oct Velic who I've seen drop loot from my Set 2 example -https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5577

Maybe it's lvl 43+ so any cubes spawning at lvl 42 can't drop the good loot? Just spit balling and theorycrafting based on my experience there, but my drop rate of something off wyverns/cubes was ~1/16.5 so killing 500+ cubes and seeing 1 item from Set 2 is extremely fishy to me. Whereas the wyverns seem to drop Set 2 items far more frequently than Set 1.
Last edited by Siberious; 04-09-2021 at 07:17 AM..
Old 04-24-2021, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Another 100 cubes or so in and all I've seen is brightwood and purses, leading credibility to this claim ^^^ I'm going to try some post-maze cube farming next.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiter02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another 100 cubes or so in and all I've seen is brightwood and purses, leading credibility to this claim ^^^ I'm going to try some post-maze cube farming next.
From what I can tell you're very verse in playing an enchanter, I have farmed the post maze wyverns who hit for 205 and summon my my enchanter, and wanted to warn you that they summon (not all of them post maze, but the wyverns who start hitting for 200+). The post maze cubes may or may not all spawn low enough lvl to not summon, but wanted to give a heads up. I would charm a non-summoning Wyvern that hit in the 140s to kill the 205 hitting wyverns that summon and can't be stunned. So they were a bit frustrating to fight. I did get a Seer Lore Book and various other set 2 drops from post maze wyverns.

Lastly some random cubes may still be green post maze (I recall seeing some in a water area on occasion).
Old 04-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Very good info, thank you for sharing
Old 10-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Bump for visibility.

In this thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=35) Nilbog said Medium coin purses should drop. I don't know anyone that has ever seen one drop.

Also, in this post (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=48) it was stated coin purses should drop.

@staff - anyone bored enough to check if a medium coin purse has ever dropped?

The tiny drop like candy and even fighting harder mobs (summoning mobs and >60 mobs) the medium doesn't drop.

Wedar queried this here : https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=264689 and no-one seems to know anything about them.