Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default This is going to trigger some people...

Having played MMO's on and off for over a decade I can say without a doubt that P99 Green Server is hands down the best community I have ever been apart of. Thank you all for giving me something fun and engaging to do in my spare time. Would do again. 10/10.

#youallrock #poopsockharder #buynewsocks
Old 07-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Comminuty on P99 has always been the reason I keep playing. The forums and in-game do not reflect one another in how people treat each other.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Same. I just don’t like the raid scene.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM
Orc

last decade have been the worst mmos made. You pull from the worst pool to compare.
ask lately if people are social on P99, the answer is a resounding 'no'. No groups, only toxicity.
seems to be a standard among mmos in the last decade. Grats, you are part of that.

Sad you feel it's great. Wish you understood what you missed in real mmo communities like EQ release (this P99 is nothing close to it, nor the comraderie), SWG release, WoW beta, DAoC release, WARHammer (origin of the toxic gamer).. and most things after that were toxic devs money grabbing and catering to toxic communities. Free to Play didnt exist. Pay to Win and stores didnt exist.
P99 was supposed to be a mirror of 1999, but its in all honesty a mirror of the current corrupted EQ filled with the same toxic boxers/exploiters that P99 swore would never happen.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:26 AM
Large Bat

I've also been enjoying the green server community quite a lot. Granted, I've only made it up to level 16 so far, but almost all of the folks I've run into have been great. I usually tend to keep to myself and solo a lot, but have (sort of minimally) tried to be more outgoing and actually engage with people around. A lot of folks get pretty chatty and I've enjoyed some nice conversations. Also, I have been helped out with so much free or bargain stuff since I started that it's almost embarrassing. Finally got a chance to give away some of my unused banded items yesterday and man it was nice to see how glad they guy was to have some help. 10/10 here as well
Old 07-07-2021, 11:23 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Rover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've also been enjoying the green server community quite a lot. Granted, I've only made it up to level 16 so far, but almost all of the folks I've run into have been great. I usually tend to keep to myself and solo a lot, but have (sort of minimally) tried to be more outgoing and actually engage with people around. A lot of folks get pretty chatty and I've enjoyed some nice conversations. Also, I have been helped out with so much free or bargain stuff since I started that it's almost embarrassing. Finally got a chance to give away some of my unused banded items yesterday and man it was nice to see how glad they guy was to have some help. 10/10 here as well
I'm 11 now, first char, and everyone's been nice. Even rehashing how certain stuff works. I've solo'd some, but spent the past couple nights in groups doing Orcs/Dervish. Surprised at having full groups. Everyone seems pretty chill.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Orc

Please come back once you hit like 35 and up and let me know if you feel the same. Thats when it really started getting bad for me. The couple of things that happened before then werent as bad but included a palidan stealing from my camp in befallen and an ogre claiming his group owned the entire beach in oasis. Not just like a portion the whole thing. After that it got worse. Im a necro and so i camp a lot of guards and whatnot and boy if you turn your back for 30 sec someone grabbing them from right in front of you when they pop with not a word said other than literally "yea and ima steal one next time too". This happened in wc, nro, fp, felwithe, bb , etc. Even worse was seafury island where the quad kiters get mad at everyone else and start trying to train people. Ive been killed on purpose by quadders who think they own a whole island and then the icing on the cake is if you say anything about any of it some basement boy victim blamers in ooc will just tell ya "what did you expect" or "technically" or "actually". this community sucks imo because 50% are trolls/toxic/victim blamers
Last edited by sinnycool; 07-10-2021 at 07:44 PM..
Old 07-11-2021, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

About to shit in the roses so you better geta good whiff
Old 07-12-2021, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by torr071 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last decade have been the worst mmos made. You pull from the worst pool to compare.
ask lately if people are social on P99, the answer is a resounding 'no'. No groups, only toxicity.
seems to be a standard among mmos in the last decade. Grats, you are part of that.

Sad you feel it's great. Wish you understood what you missed in real mmo communities like EQ release (this P99 is nothing close to it, nor the comraderie), SWG release, WoW beta, DAoC release, WARHammer (origin of the toxic gamer).. and most things after that were toxic devs money grabbing and catering to toxic communities. Free to Play didnt exist. Pay to Win and stores didnt exist.
P99 was supposed to be a mirror of 1999, but its in all honesty a mirror of the current corrupted EQ filled with the same toxic boxers/exploiters that P99 swore would never happen.
This is the most generic answer. Grats on being triggered I guess, or grats to me for being triggered if it's a troll. Anyway, you know what EQ was on release? A bunch of fat guys playing female characters and calling each other 'hun' and 'dear' and 'sweetie'. I was there. I know.

It didn't make the cOmMuNiTy any better, it was just a different kind of weird. Grouping in places outside of the exp superhighway was nice though. SWG? Yeah, sitting your gigantic dinosaur on top of the bank to irritate everyone made you a totally non-toxic coolguy. WoW beta? Digging real deep to prove nothing. How does a beta reflect community when they might roll on different servers come launch day?

Some people are still dicks, sure, but I think you're drawing a rather extreme example. Warhammer? Really? Did that game even have a community by any definition? The PvE was broken AF and the pvp was insanely imbalanced. DAoC? A game that split it's playerbase into 3 warring factions is your go-to for community?? I'll believe that the day you prove Bonedancers were fair and balanced.

This is just another "tHiS CoMmUnIty Is ThE MoSt ToXiC" post, one of an infinitum that exists on every game forum and is always totally biased towards one person's rose-tinted perspective. Most people in P99 are rather positive, it's only when you infringe on their entitlements that they become enraged, and if you understand where these bounderies are drawn you can be courteous enough to not infringe upon them. As for the handful of true dickheads you can just challenge them to a GM duel. If they are truly wrong then you will win. Maybe you're the entitled enchanter who thinks the mob you leave up for 15 minutes is your claim after another group takes it, in which case you get suspended. Either way the problem is solved, and the average player is still a decent person.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, you know what EQ was on release? A bunch of fat guys playing female characters and calling each other 'hun' and 'dear' and 'sweetie'. I was there. I know.

It didn't make the cOmMuNiTy any better, it was just a different kind of weird.
This isn't accurate at all. Early EQ was tons of people actually roleplaying (at least sometimes, for fun), as if they were playing a large scale D&D game - which is what EQ is supposed to be. Regardless of the roleplaying aspect, people were constantly experimenting and exploring and discovering new things. Zones were filled with players who wanted to have fun, or help each other out, or contest camps via actually fighting for it, and unexpected things would constantly happen. It was enthralling.

P99 was never going to recreate 1999 exactly, but it could have gotten much closer. Instead it's just a braindead pixel farm box. I would only want to play if there was a group of dedicated friends that wanted to just experience the game world, go on random adventures, dungeon crawls, see how much a single group can accomplish.

It's very hard to set that up, but maybe there could be thread on the forums for people who do want that kind of gameplay, where they can list their playtimes and find a playgroup, maybe using this format to sign up:

1. Enchanter
2. Healer
3. Tank
4. DPS (no repeat Enchanter)
5. DPS
6. Utility