Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default My Turn

Just logged onto my 60 mage today, for the first time in months.

Turns out they anal raped mages again. First they changed agro mechanics so that we can't chain pet effectively.

Now, they have HARDCORE nerfed pet damage. 57 earth pet cast max level used to hit for 70, now they hit for 58.

10 years of mage pets hitting for 70, but NOW, 10 years later RogBog decide its time to pull the trigger on whatever the fuck "non-classic" mechanic. (but at this point nothing is) So yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and fuck mages, "because we're bored and why not fuck em anyway."

Theres always people pissing and moaning and whining, why don't the devs do this, why dont the devs do that. OK, time for you all to STFU. Leave it alone, stop changing anything.

Every time they change something on the p99 servers, they just fuck it up worse.

Lets all decide to leave well enough alone, and just let things play.

Just stop updating, you are never gonna get it right.

advice to anyone considering magician: dont, you can't do shit anymore except sit and wait for raiders to coth and then mod-rods to drop for clerics. (like 10 min into the raid, you are already sick as shit of being utility bitch)

You have no other jobs, now that you have been nerfed as a farmer.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you leveled a coth both as a main
Old 08-14-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

its not a main, i don't have mains, anyone who says they have a main is a shmuck.

we all have many toons over 50, and most likely several 60s. not a flex, just an example.

There are no "Mains"

mages are just fucked now. no good reason to play them at all. Can't farm shit anymore.

Now you're just someone's anal fuck toy on raids. i guess that does appeal to a small percentage of these forum rats though.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not a main, i don't have mains, anyone who says they have a main is a shmuck.

we all have many toons over 50, and most likely several 60s. not a flex, just an example.

There are no "Mains"

mages are just fucked now. no good reason to play them at all. Can't farm shit anymore.

Now you're just someone's anal fuck toy on raids. i guess that does appeal to a small percentage of these forum rats though.
its really unfortunate about the pet chain casting thing, as a mage it was incredibly classic for a mage to chain cast pets to solo. But i understand the reason, so we cant cheese dragons. Which is entirely pointless because there is already a workaround. So all it does is hurt solo mages. doesn't hurt a mage raid at all.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Look, at the end of the day it's a classic server, and if something ... anything ... was ____ in classic, then I support making it _____ here. And I say that as someone who "mains" a Magician on Green.

But what bothers me is the selectivity of it. Anyone who played on live knows charming is unclassic here: it was far more risky on live, and that's the reason why guilds couldn't cheeze Tunare with a bunch of Enchanters on live, it's the reason why Enchanters stuck to crowd control and not charming in groups on live, it's the reason Druids quaded and root/rotted instead of charming on live, etc.

We have giant obvious unclassic things here, which anyone who played on live should instantly recognize as "it wasn't like that" ... but the staff ignores those because there's obvious proof of something tiny like Mage pet hits, and there's no evidence of charm resists on live so they just throw up their hands and give up on "classic" when it comes to stuff like that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But what bothers me is the selectivity of it.
I can't imagine how Rog-Bog can look at the top of their web page and read "classic everquest" without busting a gut laughing.

Look guys, you wanted to make a 99-01 classic era server, and you did a pretty damn good job. You got yourselves to a "sweet spot" like 2-3 years ago. Now bit by bit, you over and over are making players take it up the ass.

Things that could have been done back in the day, but you just decided on your own that you don't like it. ex: hoarding gnoll scrolls, or pick pocketing beads. Totally legit. You, Rog-Bog, you decided on your own, in your own minds, that while 100% legit classic, you personally didnt like it.

So stop lying to us and change the name of the project.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2021, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

You callin' me milquetoast, son?

THATS IT, You're gonna eat my toast!

So's that gonna be white, wheat or marble rye? Fresh churned butter and/or sample our various marmalades?
Old 08-14-2021, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, at the end of the day it's a classic server, and if something ... anything ... was ____ in classic, then I support making it _____ here. And I say that as someone who "mains" a Magician on Green.

But what bothers me is the selectivity of it. Anyone who played on live knows charming is unclassic here: it was far more risky on live, and that's the reason why guilds couldn't cheeze Tunare with a bunch of Enchanters on live, it's the reason why Enchanters stuck to crowd control and not charming in groups on live, it's the reason Druids quaded and root/rotted instead of charming on live, etc.

We have giant obvious unclassic things here, which anyone who played on live should instantly recognize as "it wasn't like that" ... but the staff ignores those because there's obvious proof of something tiny like Mage pet hits, and there's no evidence of charm resists on live so they just throw up their hands and give up on "classic" when it comes to stuff like that.
Please provide actual evidence that enchanters are scaled incorrectly and it will get changed.

Until then just because you hung out with shitty players who didn't know how to play everquest doesn't mean we should nerf it for your "feels".
Old 08-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide actual evidence that enchanters are scaled incorrectly and it will get changed.

Until then just because you hung out with shitty players who didn't know how to play everquest doesn't mean we should nerf it for your "feels".
oh man pls don't open the can of enchanter worms. those threads go round and around.

alot like most of the threads here that rehash old topics and years go buy debating the same shit over and over and over, the only difference is the thread titles change.

You are not hi-jacking the mage RnF thread.
Closed Thread