Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 11:39 PM
Banned

Default Medding while running

Look for the mana pulse, immediately stand up and run while counting to 5, sit for the next pulse. Repeat. Medding while running, no different than medding while sitting

I really appreciate people on the forums mentioning this to me, now it's something I find myself doing more and more. Haven't quite gotten to where I don't need to count to myself yet though, but I'm sure many of you all have

I'm almost wondering if I can find a simple 3rd party program which can time out the pulses for me?
Old 09-02-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

I do it without even thinking, after i see the tick I just count one to three four fivvvee-- and tap my sit hotkey with my ring finger.

I used to have a gambosoft timer that would speed down 5.5 seconds and made a hotkey to trigger it and sit at the same time but it's just second nature for me now
Old 09-02-2021, 02:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to have a gambosoft timer that would speed down 5.5 seconds and made a hotkey to trigger it and sit at the same time but it's just second nature for me now
ooh is this something that's ok to have/use? This sounds helpful until it becomes second nature
Old 09-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

I've never used any kind of outside program for EQ, but in this day and age if I really wanted to play, I'd probably look into it (if allowed). Catching every med tick is so tedious (and makes no sense from a roleplaying perspective), but important. I really wish Meditate functioned differently - giving overall faster mana regen than it currently does, but only giving the mana boost per every 30 seconds of continuous meditating. Would be much nicer gameplay like that.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone else find this retarded. This is as bad as binding wound while fighting. They somehow fixed that.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

imagine playing eq while giving yourself a seizure by waiting for "pulses"

like fuck man, just play the game
Old 09-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

this is weaponized autism
Old 09-02-2021, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Or just run to your destination, then med all at once? Maybe take a shit while you med like a normal person instead of hopping up and down like a spaz?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else find this retarded.
Its game changing.

Like, say you are going from one raid to another and you're oom, if you do this, you literally kep the pace with peopel sow'ed infront of you, and you are FM when you get there.

Mana is meaningless to those that have mastered this skill. It's like having theft of thought on any class.

I mean druids kite without doing this? I cant imagine.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-02-2021 at 03:59 PM..
Old 09-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

The way P99 server and titanium function does not accurately resemble classic meditation.

I would even go as far to say that P99's meditation tick code is more aggressive in losing a tick than it was on live back in the 56k days.
Meaning, you sit for a tick (6 seconds local to the server) and stand up right after the tick. You'll lose your mana as if you weren't sitting.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-02-2021 at 04:16 PM..
Closed Thread