Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 11-17-2021, 03:47 PM
Banned

Default Another gear suggestions/direction question - enchanter

I’ve been playing a bit more in the past few weeks, my only char on p99 is now the highest level EQ char I’ve ever had at level 47. At this point all content is new to me, so feeling a little lost on how/where to progress

Budget gear is as follows:

Opalline earring x2
5ac 55hp rings x2
Amulet of insight (3 neck)
Loam head
Incandescent mask
Loam mantle
Loam cloak
Gatorscale sleeves
Incandescent gloves
Loam belt
Drake hide legs
Loam boots
Rod of glamour
Crude stein

This puts me at exactly 200 cha unbuffed, 230 buffed, and about 140ish int, only about 900ish hp, forget what ac is

I’ve almost exclusively solo’d, 90% of which is charm soloing but the animation pet is surprisingly and unexpectedly good when you re-summon until max lev (I stop at max or max -1 lev) and give it haste and boon of the garou, in addition to slowing the mob it’s fighting. It can actually still kill kunark blue cons as long as I put max slow on them. It’s still far worse exp/hour than charm solo’ing, so I only use it when I’m especially tired or having to afk often. For where I’ve been hunting it’s mostly just kunark atm, open to suggestions too on others

Possible upgrades I’ve heard/thought about:

- next spell lev I get a better cha buff, so I might be able to replace an opaline earring with a hp/mana one. Although there are some tradable earrings on blue that run about 1.5k that have cha and a bunch of other stats in addition to I think a clicky effect. I don’t think they exist yet on green or else no one is trading them, but I was considering those as an alternative to hp/mana for earring slot when they become available

I don’t think I’ll be raiding, not in a raid guild, so for other pieces I think the best bet might be to go for the Skyshrine pieces? I hear skyshrine is in kunark correct? Can I skip the factioning (ally needed) by using faction self-buffs? I imagine buying the mq for these drops will be hella-expensive though

I don’t think I want to deal wirh the work involved in the crafting-based mr shawl I heard about. Maybe I could try for neriad at some point. Also I hear there’s a quested kunark ring that’s pretty good?

Budget-wise I have about 12k saved at this point, but this is on green where everything is more expensive. I already have theft of thought, allure, and clarity 2. I was saving for zumaik’s as next spell purchase, on green that will run me about 15k. So it’s really either that spell or tradeable gear upgrades but not both (yet). Bedlam is also going to run me probably 15-20k on green :/

Ty in advance for any guidance
Old 11-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Try to get an MQ for a thurg silk hat. It goes quite cheap most of the time and is a huge upgrade (+15 cha, +10 int).
Old 11-17-2021, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to get an MQ for a thurg silk hat. It goes quite cheap most of the time and is a huge upgrade (+15 cha, +10 int).
Nice! Will look into that, didn’t even realize those pieces existed…
Old 11-23-2021, 03:52 PM
Banned

Should I not be killing sarnaks if I ever want to do the ring of di'zok quest?
Old 11-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Can snipe quite a few nameds with the enchanter 55 pet. He’s a beast and in certain scenarios i prefer him over the ease of dealing with breaks.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Your gear is plenty good enough to solo your way to 60. Bedlam is essential so buy that as soon as you are able to cast. Although the animation is nice to have in certain circumstances, it is definitely not worth 15k.

Focus on getting to 60 then you can do better cash camps which will improve your gear dramatically. Brood Mother in Velks, PoM, Seb Crypt, Fellspine are all awesome cash camps.

For what it’s worth my enchanter has been 60 for years and has quite a few of the pieces that you mentioned and just terrible gear overall. I can do all the good cash camps with the gear he’s wearing and I have more fun gearing melee. You def have a smaller margin for error with terrible gear but it is all doable. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 11-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Save your money for spells. Will be far more important than a bit of gear.

But yeah, as Barlu said...get all your spells, level 60, then farm for that twink melee. Number one priority being a fungi tunic.

If you really want to gear the enchanter with farmables / droppables / MQs, here are some ideas:

Arms: Illusionist's (SS)
Back: Cloak of Confusion (PoM)
Chest: PoM
Ear 1: Helssen's quest
Ear 2: Blazing Energy (chardok drop)
Feet: Illusionist's (SS)
Ring 1: Chardok quest
Ring 2: 65 hp crafted
Hands: SS or Coldain Skin
Head: SS
Legs: SS
Neck: +6 neck
Shoulders: Neriad Shawl
Waist: PoM
Wrists: SS
MH: Epic
OH: Orb of the Infinite Void
Range: Sickly Glowing Orb, Writ of Di`zok, etc

I didn't run the math but I'm sure thats way overkill on CHA. I'd create a Magelo profile on the wiki with your race / starting stats to get that exact CHA "cap."
Old 11-24-2021, 06:50 PM
Banned

Thanks much guys, hadn’t gotten much feedback and was getting a bit discouraged

I been playing like 6 hours/day this week I’ve been off work and went from 45 now to 49, halfway to 50

I ended up buying jboots MQ for 5k. Every time I make a purchase I take some time to try to farm back some of the money I spent, so that’s slowed the leveling a bit. I know that’s not ideal and it’s better to just plow to 60, but I get plat apprehension every time I dip below 10k. I like to pretend I could jump on a crazy good deal if needed, but honestly I’m finding out I greatly overpaid for theft of thought and c2. We’re not going to talk about just how much I overpaid…..just take it that I did….

I’ve heard stuff like PoM chest is bis or nearly bis, but I really don’t need that. Just anything better than blackened crystalline robe. Thats why if figured a SS item might be a bit cheaper to buy than PoM stuff. Maybe I can try to get in a raid guild and just grab some plane of fear/sky stuff

Yeah that earring of blazing energy I’ve seen sold on blue for only like 1k but never seen on green. That was the one I mentioned in the original post, that one looks nice, stat wise

Neriad shawl I hear you can buy the loot rights for like 5-8k. Dunno about trying to solo it there, I don’t like to attempt soloing new dungeons until I outlevel it fairly significantly. I find that makes the trial and error process a little easier. So I wasn’t picturing trying to solo the shawl if I did until close to or 60
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-24-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Old 11-25-2021, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks much guys, hadn’t gotten much feedback and was getting a bit discouraged

I been playing like 6 hours/day this week I’ve been off work and went from 45 now to 49, halfway to 50

I ended up buying jboots MQ for 5k. Every time I make a purchase I take some time to try to farm back some of the money I spent, so that’s slowed the leveling a bit. I know that’s not ideal and it’s better to just plow to 60, but I get plat apprehension every time I dip below 10k. I like to pretend I could jump on a crazy good deal if needed, but honestly I’m finding out I greatly overpaid for theft of thought and c2. We’re not going to talk about just how much I overpaid…..just take it that I did….

I’ve heard stuff like PoM chest is bis or nearly bis, but I really don’t need that. Just anything better than blackened crystalline robe. Thats why if figured a SS item might be a bit cheaper to buy than PoM stuff. Maybe I can try to get in a raid guild and just grab some plane of fear/sky stuff

Yeah that earring of blazing energy I’ve seen sold on blue for only like 1k but never seen on green. That was the one I mentioned in the original post, that one looks nice, stat wise

Neriad shawl I hear you can buy the loot rights for like 5-8k. Dunno about trying to solo it there, I don’t like to attempt soloing new dungeons until I outlevel it fairly significantly. I find that makes the trial and error process a little easier. So I wasn’t picturing trying to solo the shawl if I did until close to or 60
You're like me. Leveling while gearing / making money is more fun than rushing to 60, feeling burned out, and not having the motivation to farm farm farm at capped 60 xp for minimal improvement. Fortunately as enchanter its ok to do the 60 rush and farm for your future alt(s). The enchanter game really starts at 60.

You're going to need 10k+ for bedlam alone.

Increase your reserve fund to 20k but get XP as you do it.

Pay attention to who is in Kael...try to tag statues and AoWs and get that faction to ally. Buy those good SS pieces once you're ally.

Farming PoM is a strictly level 60 activity.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-25-2021 at 09:19 PM..
Old 11-26-2021, 05:20 AM
Sarnak

Heh - OP could have been written by me, my 50 ENC has very similar gear/stats, except you've got way more plat than I do. How did you get so much? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Have you got a Goblin Gazughi Ring?