Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors and rogues can solo well into the 50’s without problem (even 60 really). You just have to pick your zones and battles wisely. And gear them very well and burn a lot of bandages.

They are the only two melees that have no real contingency plan besides running away. Cast time on expensive root nets further complicates things. All the other melees have options on how to extend or escape a fight without hoping to run to a zone.

That said, a warrior (and rogue) are amazing classes. They a Snap On ratchet set where a hybrid is a Leatherman. It’s a better more specific tool but lacking flexibility.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Axe of the slayers will let you chain kill some lower blues in karana at 30. Hopefully the lack of downtime makes up for the decreased dps.

Obviously the bandage trick helps too, but that could/should be nerfed any day soon.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Large Rat

Quite glad I read through this thread, it's given me a lot of insight into warriors and what they can do. If I can get myself into a leveling guild things should be breezy.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Kobold

JimJam is wrong, Combat Bind Wound has been around forever and it isn't going anywhere. Some like to call it Battle Bind Wound, but not everyone can handle BBW...
Old 08-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JimJam is wrong, Combat Bind Wound has been around forever and it isn't going anywhere. Some like to call it Battle Bind Wound, but not everyone can handle BBW...
What makes you so sure? They pulled a bunch of stuff off blue not that long ago that had been on the server since forever.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, but what about soloing efficiently and comfortably for a Warrior that doesn't have access to regen or lifetap procs?
Just don't.

Find a group or duo w/ a shaman.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't.

Find a group or duo w/ a shaman.
If no shaman available, a druid (if you can find one who isn't just another quad-zombie) or even a cleric is almost infinitely superior to soloing a warrior.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehehe.

Anyways there is a lot of good discussion on this thread but I hate how people talk about this game like the only thing there is is raiding at level 60 will full NToV gear. For example saying monks are mediocre dps might be true in that scenario but it's certainly not true 1 to 60 in EC tunnel gear where monks will have far superior dps due to the weapons available and everyone isn't stacked with raid buffs.

In my experience, most people won't even make it to level 60, much less stick around long enough after that to do serious raiding.

For the OP:
Warriors are fine as dps, but that's like playing a monk and not expecting to have to pull when in groups. You are gonna be disappointed.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Monks are pretty much on par with most rogues DPS at this point
Old 09-13-2020, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Monks are terrible dps - they aren't even close to rogues. A Paladin with a vulak 2h is doing more sometimes.