Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

No one is trying to raise the blue population either. They are just stating their opinion. Green was too crowded, blue isnt. This is why I like blue.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Ah, another reason. Blue has a stable economy. Seeing FBSS for 17k on green? Yikes. What a waste.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

I don't. After years on blue I was bored with the raiding, bored with obsessives minmaxing every little nigh meaningless detail they can come up with, bored with boasts about gear, bored with boasts about low number kills, just... bored. I quit playing p99 a couple months before green launched, and probably wouldn't have started again if not for the plague. Green's fun, will probably get boring eventually, but not yet.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, another reason. Blue has a stable economy. Seeing FBSS for 17k on green? Yikes. What a waste.
Well, economy may be stable for older accounts, but after first few levels, it seems, it may not be favorable for new players... Will see, I'm only lvl4, but I couldn't sell two stacks of bone chips. Which makes me wonder, how I'm going to pay for my next set of spells. This is the biggest difference from Green so far. All my 3 toons on Green had no problem getting platina from selling bone chips or Crushbone belts. I have Druid lvl9 with all the spells and over 70 platina extra, probably enough for next set of spells.

This lvl4 magician, couldn't afford to buy spell Gate at first since I never run into skeleton that would wear cracked staff. So I had to run back from Kaladim (bone chip quest) to Seamfont.

Since I don't have much free time, I decided I will play only 1 toon on Blue and those 3 on Green. I will have those 3 at different levels, to give me a better freedom at choosing what area to level/camp/harvest...

And Magician on Blue will be sort of 'plan B', exploring Blue server and for times when camps on Green will be full.

Unless I can't sell stuff to players and get to platina, if I will not be able to sustain myself, then I will stop playing on Blue.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, economy may be stable for older accounts, but after first few levels, it seems, it may not be favorable for new players... Will see, I'm only lvl4, but I couldn't sell two stacks of bone chips. Which makes me wonder, how I'm going to pay for my next set of spells. This is the biggest difference from Green so far. All my 3 toons on Green had no problem getting platina from selling bone chips or Crushbone belts. I have Druid lvl9 with all the spells and over 70 platina extra, probably enough for next set of spells.

This lvl4 magician, couldn't afford to buy spell Gate at first since I never run into skeleton that would wear cracked staff. So I had to run back from Kaladim (bone chip quest) to Seamfont.

Since I don't have much free time, I decided I will play only 1 toon on Blue and those 3 on Green. I will have those 3 at different levels, to give me a better freedom at choosing what area to level/camp/harvest...

And Magician on Blue will be sort of 'plan B', exploring Blue server and for times when camps on Green will be full.

Unless I can't sell stuff to players and get to platina, if I will not be able to sustain myself, then I will stop playing on Blue.
Hate to break it to you but the economy doesn't revolve around bone chips. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fine steel and gems sell for the same on both servers. You can then buy more with that plat on the blue server than you can on green. Some people will like that fact, and some people won't.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, economy may be stable for older accounts, but after first few levels, it seems, it may not be favorable for new players... Will see, I'm only lvl4, but I couldn't sell two stacks of bone chips. Which makes me wonder, how I'm going to pay for my next set of spells.
Yeah I member on live when nobody purchased spells past lvl 4 until people started buying bone chips.

The fuck are you on about? Kill skellies and pray for cracked staves duh.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Ya, the benefit of blue is, you can go camp the sisters in lfay, go to OOT and camp sisters there or gargoyles in OoT or MM, will have pp soon enough. Go find someone wanting some errands done like selling some guard loot for an evil character. Kill every skeleton you find and vendor the loot. Use the CB belts for xp and vendor the items given to you by dwarf dude.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Even the mail quests give gold, do it enough times you will get pp for spells and xp. Ask some random person in EC, hey I need 10pp for spells, cant afford yet.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine steel and gems sell for the same on both servers. You can then buy more with that plat on the blue server than you can on green. Some people will like that fact, and some people won't.
Good to know. Since I'm new to this game, at what level you start farming gems and fine steel? Btw, what is fine steel?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, the benefit of blue is, you can go camp the sisters in lfay, go to OOT and camp sisters there or gargoyles in OoT or MM, will have pp soon enough. Go find someone wanting some errands done like selling some guard loot for an evil character. Kill every skeleton you find and vendor the loot. Use the CB belts for xp and vendor the items given to you by dwarf dude.
Hey, that is a good idea, never though of this, but I did read how evil characters have harder time selling stuff. If I use /ooc this goes only through the zone, right? Would this be a good channel or better /shout? How far /shout reach, server wide?

I remember reading about mail quest, from Elf city Kelethin to Felwthide or to Kaladim, i can run few times, and train my sensing direction, thanks for reminder.

As for your suggestion from other post, asking for pp, will rather try not to. As far as I know, it does not increase begging skill lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lfay(sisters) this starts somewhere at level 12+ correct? Yeah, once I get to level 12 and i can start binding and exploring it will get easier.
Last edited by pivo; 05-11-2020 at 08:27 PM..
Closed Thread