Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Default Solo Self-Found Warrior Guide:

Here's the guide so far for a Dwarf Warrior:
  • Lvl 1-5/6: Random mobs outside Kaladim, prioritize skeletons and aviaks when you can take them safely, hand in bone chips and aviak talons for big XP, you could hand in bone chips and talons until 8 easily.
  • Lvl 5/6-8: Orc Hill area, look for wanderers, look for single Cent spawns at camps, avoid Oracles. Ideally, get inside and hold the entrance of Crushbone for better XP. Gather belts until the CB ent mobs are green, going any further into CB solo is too dangerous and too camped, so we leave.
  • Lvl 8-12/13: After handing in belts for XP, start farming the Corflunk and Zarchoomi spawns, kill Giant Scarabs in the meantime for Scarab armor as well. While camping Zarchoomi, there is a Goblin Warrior camp right near her that is entirely solo-pullable (goblin at fire, goblin in left hut, goblin in right small hut, in that order). Try and get Bloodforge Helm and any other Bloodforge items, helm is great though.
  • Lvl 12/13-16: Go to Qeynos, get Bloodforge Hammer for magical weapon, raise your 2HB. Kill Wisps in North Karana and do Lightstone/GLS quest until Wisps stop giving decent XP themselves at 16.
  • Lvl 16-18: Chasm Crawlers in East Karana, they're amazing. Tons of them, easy to kill, great time. Beware of Gorge Hounds, not melee-friendly mobs, they hit significantly faster than other mobs and I never found their XP worth the damage and downtime they gave me.
  • Lvl 18-23: Muddite Minors / Muddite Elders / Gorge Minotaurs in Gorge. Prioritize Gorge Minos with Mino Axe, is a good offhand / good money.
  • Lvl 23-25/26: Chasm Minotaur near EK zoneline in Gorge, has an accelerated spawn timer of 5 minutes, spawns in the same spot. Beware of Evil Eye that can spawn here, I only ever saw 1 and it was the level 1 version that has like 1hp, shot with bow to kill it from distance to avoid perma-DoT.
  • Lvl 25/26-28: Crag Spiders all day every day. Be prepared to rest a bit between fights though, they range from 18-22 and you should be prepared for an occasional very close fight. Don't run to HHK, run to Gorge, its faster. Buy a small sewing kit, convert silk to swatches, 7.5pp per stack to vendor. This is one of the sketchier parts of the grind, as even at level 27 the occasional crag spider would wreck me out of nowhere with a string of high hits and procs. You also need to run early against these since you're so far from zone.
  • Lvl 28-30: Permafrost Ent / Sol A Ent / Runnyeye, I did mostly Runnyeye and outside of one night where things weren't going great and the zone was too crowded...if you can solo pull Dazed Goblin Guards to the zoneline, you will absolutely soar through these 2 levels. Experience slows down to a crawl at 30 because hell level and they go green.
  • Lvl 30-31: Cazic Thule well room, it's a safe spot, there are 2 mobs that need to be broken which will be a huge pain if one of them is a Page so hope it's just like 2 Warder's or something. They're on 22 minute timers so brute-force kill one if you have to (pull both to zoneline, kill one and zone). The majority of your XP here is going to come from the alligators below the well, ~2 spawn in the tunnel and 1 wanders in, only ever pull one, highly recommend not pulling from the center pool. It's slow, but it's an easy place to sit and get ~2-3 blue mobs every 22 minutes.

A major issue of this room though is mob position and escape paths--if a fleeing mob ever goes towards the well, if you do not kill them, zone. They teleport very far away as soon as they get there and you'll have a train coming your way eventually. I pulled alligators up another ramp just to feel safer about it.

Places I went that didn't feel good:
  • South Karana KFC at 25/26: Too many people, the mobs I need to be successful have to be within a very narrow level range and the mob variance here was too high.
  • South Karana Hermit at 24: While I did get a level here, this dude was just a tad too hard for me and I ended up waiting ~8-10 minutes between kills to feel safe.
  • Permafrost Entrance at 24: Most of the goblins when I went here were too low to give XP, the ones that did were too strong to safely kill, any mistake meant death, and any death meant a massive corpse run. Non-warriors could probably thrive here, or if I were a couple levels higher maybe.
  • Oasis at 22ish: Just too crowded.

Quests/Things I did along the way for gear:
  • Scarab armor
  • Bloodforge armor (8 handins, 2 duplicates, quest becomes less good the more pieces you have since your chance of dupes goes up, really I just wanted the helmet)
  • Bloodforge Hammer
  • Bull Smasher (6/20 1hb, questable at level ~7 or 8, requires farming rep for Gemcutters in Ak'anon, takes maybe 5 hours total to get on average for the rep and the quest handins)
  • Raised smithing to ~115 and brute forced Banded Armor (no point in trivial for each piece, you only need one set)
  • Langseax quest (get a pair of these, if it's Paglan you can't solo until closer to 30 that dude is a maniac)
  • Qeynos Aqueducts for +5hp rings and earrings
  • Blackburrow for Str shoulders and neck and AGI earrings
  • Crafted Bracers (once you're like 28-29 the Evil Eyes in Gorge are honestly pretty easy to kill they're just annoying, do not kill their pet first, they'll try and charm you)

General tips:
  • Learn how to setup a bind-wound macro to combat bandage. (I'll post mine below)
  • Learn when you need to run--if you're killing at zone, understand how hard an enemy could potentially hit you for and only zone below that hp. If you're not killing at a zone, run early.
  • Play safe and consistent, don't chase huge ZEM all the time, often times just finding a nice spot to kill a consistent flow of mobs beats the hassle of trying to function solo in a dungeon.
  • Only bandage mid-combat if you're concerned about dying, you'll get a feel for this eventually but basically its better to be in a frenzy and getting crippling blows if you feel comfortable in that health range.
  • Similarly, you can "pre-bandage" if you suspect you'll take a lot of damage, you'll see me often on stream start bandaging around 55-58% life, many of those bandages go to waste, but the amount of times you eat a huge hit and that pre-bandage is successful warrants it, it gives you a lot more wiggle room during the fight.

BW Macro:
Quote:
/pause 2, /target <yourself>
/pause 3, /doability #
/pause 2, /target a
/stand
/attack on
Your first /target should target your character name. Your "/doability" should be whatever number you assigned Bind Wound to on your ability page (not your hotkeys, literally on the "ability" page). The second /target uses "a" because the vast majority of mobs names begin with "a" or "an", modify this regularly if you are fighting mobs with different names. In Sol A I'd constantly have to change it to "c" or "y" for "cinder" or "young" goblins.

I'm told the pauses can be reduced, I haven't played with it though. Thanks to SSF guild member Ssfkungfu for the macro, it's the first one I've setup that didn't ever break on me and do weird things like mixup targeting or not trigger the bandage because it still had the enemy targeted.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Kich867; 05-10-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Old 05-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Here is a much smoother combat bind macro
Line 1 /attack off
Line 2 /target yourself
Line 3 /target yourself
Line 4 /doability X

Target yourself in 2 lines makes it so you dont need a /wait line and saves time overall
Old 05-10-2020, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Add line 5 /stand
When you see yourself standing up, tab or use your mouse to reacquire target (either in first person view or third person) and manually hit auto attack. Way less chance of an error on target.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

You dont need a /stand line with this macro
Old 05-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

@Kich867 - Please make this into a wiki guide. I can help you if need be.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Kich867 - Please make this into a wiki guide. I can help you if need be.
Will do! Can you PM where to start? I've updated things on the wiki before but never made my own page.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Hi Kich, nice guide that can be adapted for more than just little warriors. I just wanted to add in some safe alternate grind (I forget the name of the exact quest) to the early levels if you don't have a lot of time each play session and don't want to be far from Kaladim (sometimes I need to AFK and the mines are a safe area, no rush, no pressure, easy early lvl grind).

I agree that lvl1-5 is great just killing skeles and other trash outside of the city gates, you can combine silks and sell the threads, turn in bone chips, drink alcohol that the goblins drop (or sell it). Maybe a Cracked Staff will drop.

At lvl5, I highly recommend grinding out 5-9 in the Kaladim mines near the bank. You can get quest turn-ins in the form of rat pelts to make the capes to sell off. You are mainly there to gather the no-drop Cards for the quest turn-ins out in the OOT. Kill the Cleaner (mech rat) and take his metal bits for the quest turn-in (same dwarf NPC that has the rat pelt cape quest). Save up at least 10 Cards and then get on the boat to OOT. The rat killing exp and pelt turn-ins along with the occasional Cleaner kill will level you up all while stacking Cards. I like this method to lvl 9, since you get the chance at gear (Black Iron armor, Bronze armor, ringmail, etc) you can either use or sell it or trade it, since you will get all kinds of armor sizes for the Card turn-in quest. That Blackened Iron Crown is so nice early on.

I also agree around lvl 10, the Scarabs are easy to solo and so are the 3 goblin warriors in that camp you mentioned. Sometimes you will find a Necro soloing the female dwarf at the hut near the road and she drops a Bronze 2h axe, so you may get lucky if they give one away (same at the BB docks). Hunting the 2 ogres can be a pain solo without a decent weapon, since Zarchoomi will light you up, interrupt her and hope you get the Bloodforge armor piece you seek on the first turn-ins

Happy hunting. It may also be worth the time around lvl 10 to get in a CB Trainer camp group for a chance to roll on the Shiny Brass Shield (it is a good light source and having a shield is not a bad idea early on).

Blackened Iron Bastard Sword is worth getting for a 2HS in your 20s.
Jambiya and Crysknife might also be worth getting if you want some decent 1h weapons, but at that lvl the quest for Screaming Mace might be worth your time.

As far as combat bind wound macros go, I use this one (I am curious why you might need longer pauses).
/pause 1, /target yourname
/pause 1, /doability #
/pause 1, /stand
/pause 1, /target a
/attack on
Old 05-10-2020, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will do! Can you PM where to start? I've updated things on the wiki before but never made my own page.
To make a new page you just create a link to it on some other page (eg. add "[[My New Guide]]" to the Guides page). Doing that will create a red link, and when you click that link it will take you to where you can create your new page.

From there everything works the same as editing an existing page.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont need a /stand line with this macro
Why not?
Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not?
Do I look like an eq scientist? I dunno but it works. Used it for years
Closed Thread